W125 - Really?!?!?!

General topics and discussion on Valor.
FlyingHigh
Knight

Postby FlyingHigh » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:13 pm

...then another respawn will pop up tomorrow, then the next day.... ...back to watching paint dry... :-(

Skull550
Lancer

Postby Skull550 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:30 pm

I guess i will just cap more meaningless barbs then and wait until his beginners protection is up. I guess technically he has chance of winning if he can coin enough to take 600 cities before his protection is up.

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:30 pm

Skull550 wrote:I guess i will just cap more meaningless barbs then and wait until his beginners protection is up. I guess technically he has chance of winning if he can coin enough to take 600 cities before his protection is up.

Removing beginner's protection for people who restart on worlds 122+ is something that we are looking into as a first tweak to the victory conditions.

Wolf-Kingdom
Lancer

Postby Wolf-Kingdom » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:00 pm

I think that a general removing of beginner's protection for everyone that restarts a world, would be too much sitting duck as posted somewhere else.
I understand from this tread why this would be an improvement to gain the victory conditions in a given world. In other words you want to save the wining guilds the "boring mop up work" and that happens after the world has some age and the world population has been reduced to some point.
Make a respawn in a mostly decided world not very attractive and treat them as if they were new players with demanding activity from them so their cities would not be treated as abandoned ones and disappear.
Let me explain what I mean:
From start on all stays as we know it today.
- Someday the world reaches some development marker (my suggestion would be the top 10 guilds gain together a set point limit) and now the respawns have to be active or like at the start of world get moped up by inactivity check.
- When the world population has been decimated to 70% (only my suggestion) beginner’s protection is removed and player gets a warning that he will be respawing without beginner's protection if he continues with respawn protocol and naturally the possibility to abort.
- Has the world population been reduced to 30% (again only a suggestion) then the possibility to respawn is deactivated and all remaining players are informed per mail, world rank info or something like that.

This demands for sure more programming than just deactivate beginner's protection, but I hope that would increase the competition and speed of the game.

Leroyingo
Lancer

Postby Leroyingo » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:15 am

I think the removing of beginner protection is a good idea but also if 1 guild has 99% of points there should be no respawns what so ever. Maybe it should be set a 90% or something. It does seem that some players just join and leave straight away not doing anything with their town. I dont know if a condition could be set that if someone starts and doesnt actually build anything their town is wiped straight away?
After this world is done i look forward to starting the next maybe with some new conditions :)

Powerbang

Postby Powerbang » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:33 pm

The00Drew wrote:@forthelove

Complaining : The sound Anarchy members make every time they lose a city.

Umm wouldn't we have to lose some cities in order to complain?

:)

Toobored
Lancer

Postby Toobored » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:40 pm

Really frivolous restarts can be avoided if you keep tickets on restart. Would keep all non serious players away and avoid capping of 1085.

Benfrom300
Guardian

Postby Benfrom300 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:04 pm

Powerbang wrote:Umm wouldn't we have to lose some cities in order to complain?

:)

i concur. they must not know of what they speak :-/
Guts and Glory Founder
Game name: Achil1es
Kakao ID: iambenfrom300

Return to “General”