So this "Guild World" thing

General topics and discussion on Valor.
LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:42 pm

DirtySouthATL wrote:Um........ We are allowed to substitute the players so long as they've won a world and are in the guild world you are joining... Did I miss something?

Nope - that's acceptable. I misunderstood and thought you were planning on others stepping in, who hadn't already qualified.

DirtySouthATL wrote:I hate that I deleted the original wiki page for guild worlds!!!! I'm gonna ask Asathor if he has it. He saves everything.
Fark, I'm not making this up. There was indeed on the original "stats" page for the guild world a 1k world and 5k world on the same line. INDICATING to most that 1k winners filtered into one world and 5k winners filtered into another.
Not that it matters because quark has basically said there is no point to join a 5k world because in the event you actually DO have 50 people to go to the guild world with, you won't be able to play in the same guild with them.

So tired of spending money on a game that has developers that change their mind to line their pockets even more vs keep their word on something.

While I don't remember the exact worlding of that page, if the phrasing isn't perfect, folks will read things how they want to read things. It could have been a mistake and taken down shortly after you read it. I'm sure you will just say I'm defending Quark here, but both Orlor and PwnLaw have been very careful about promising anything, for this very reason. Not sure what else you were promised though.
W95 Praetorian Guard Guild Leader
Kakao: LordFirefall or Firefall

DirtySouthATL
Guardian

Postby DirtySouthATL » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:46 pm

Again..... STOP MAKING 5k WORLDS IF YOU HAVE NO INTENTIONS OF ALLOWING THE PLAYERS TO ENTER A GUILD WORLD TOGETHER AND ALL 50 OF THEM BE DECLARED WINNERS.

THE END

Kevin32402
Lancer

Postby Kevin32402 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:49 pm

So we win with 50 to get to the guild world then we have to backstab our guys at the end. I don't know if that's how you guys play but none of us play like that. The group from 160 are active and close so if we win the guild world I guess we stop when it's down to the last 2 guilds

KingEvo
Guardian

Postby KingEvo » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:34 pm

No one ever finishes the world with the original 50 how about yah go in with two guilds and try to mess everyone else up. If and I mean if both of yah make it to the end then fight each other but I doubt both your guilds of 25 will stay alive that long trust me yah will lose players left and right

Ryski
Lancer

Postby Ryski » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:42 am

I'm excited for the new guild worlds.

Who knows, maybe Quark will open a 5k guild world once there are enough 5k world winners to fill. Would you rather have to wait for 100 5k worlds to be won before your guild world starts?

DirtySouthATL
Guardian

Postby DirtySouthATL » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:16 am

Evo aren't we kicking your behind in 206 right now? Oh that's right we are. Shush.

Nikhil21
Knight

Postby Nikhil21 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:54 am

Gold spenders are going to ruin this world for me just like w100. Sure, half the time gold spenders are brought down long term, but in the initial stage you can sit on valor for 20+ hours a day and still be miles away from them. I know I can catch up, bu not if they are right beside me and cap me in the initial stages of the world. I don't expect a guild world with no gold, but it would be good if there was some sort of limit set.

And the guild worlds should be seperate for 1k worlds and 5k worlds, it would be better than all the guilds in one world. I will probably not focus on them too much, looking forward to a world with no gold though, if that's possible.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:13 am

Folks, Quark is a business. They have employees that have to be paid. If they can't pay their employees competitive rates, those employees will go elsewhere. If those employees go elsewhere, the game will not improve, and will eventually die off.

We have a pretty good thing going here in that PwnLaw and Orlor do their best to listen to what we say. Unless of course we request something unreasonable (like banning or limiting gold on a lucrative world). What other game does that? How many of you would willingly to take a pay cut at your job, just because a handful of customers want to pay less? Would you like to provide your services or labor for free or pay out of your own pocket to ensure the lights stay on at your place of work? It's the same principle in what some of you are asking of them.

Crusader6
Knight

Postby Crusader6 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:25 am

Agreed, but perhaps make some world a fee entry world - like 500 gold and then its leveled with no perks?

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:37 am

Crusader6 wrote:Agreed, but perhaps make some world a fee entry world - like 500 gold and then its leveled with no perks?

I think that would be an interesting idea to try once in a while. It would ensure the ones entering really want to be there. I've heard they tried a pay for play system early on, but I didn't discover the game until W26 and never saw that.

Return to “General”