Mad at Spenders, get over it.

General topics and discussion on Valor.
Superior1

Mad at Spenders, get over it.

Postby Superior1 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:38 pm

There has been a lot of people getting mad over those that spend money getting an unfair advantage. So as a result I would like to address this from my point of view.

1st, Valor must of course bring in the cash or there's no game for any of us to play. So I say thank you to those that spend money for helping insure I continue to get to play Valor.

2nd, Speed worlds helped even out the playing field on that aspect as I was able to win a lot of Gold. They created a way for those of us that don't spend money to still get gold. (Hope they are back soon.)

3rd, I have been playing Valor for a very long time and have killed the spenders just the same. I've never found that there spending really did enough for them to save them if there on the apposing side. On a personal more it actually gives me a bit more pleasure to kill someone that spent a bunch of real money on the game. (Just a little perk of it.) to kill one that say spent $100 bucks on the game means in a way they gave me that money. They die the same as all others!

MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:35 am

In another post, I defended spenders the way you're just doing now... Because they spent reasonnable amount of money, and weren't that far from other good players, just disabling too much farming and so maybe having much time for real life.

Now it has changed. I saw some players having >10 lord cities after first week, having more than 100k points over the second ranked player (that must have spent money too...), while the hardcore gamers, spending too, were just about to build their Academy.

This is getting ridiculous... I completely agree with the fact on spending money, but I think a limited amount would be created, or some rules elaborated in order to keep the fun for everyone. If Quark don't go this way, more great players will quit, as several of the best already did, as you know it. Valor will be full of Lord12345665789, of noobies, and of rich son-of-his-daddy... And Quark will quickly loose even these spenders as there will be no more advantage spending against these kind of players.

Maybe create worlds were gold doesn't exist, but that the entry has to be paid? Or limit the amount of gold that can be spent in a single world?

Quark has to really think about it... We'll see in GW1, but I'm sure this will be as exciting as W100, that already most players puke thinking remembering how it was/is...

QUARK: THIS IS A WARNING. IF YOU DON'T MODIFY RULES ABOUT THE ADVANTAGES THAT CAN BE GIVEN BY GOLD SPENDING, YOU'LL LOOSE THE BEST PLAYERS, AND SO THE ATTRACT OF THIS GAME...

MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:37 am

If you really think things haven't changed, kko-me I'll answer you 1:1

Superior1

Postby Superior1 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:38 am

I have seen the big spenders as well, I don't think anybody will deny that there is. It's a given that in a game where one can spend money to get an edge that some people will indeed spend money to get that edge. That's just common sense. It's also common sense that there will be some that are rich and will throw lots if money at the game. Theses people are in a sense paying our way. Like I said above without spenders we would have no game to play at all. Quark just resently held the TOC and gave out awesome prizes to the winners. They couldn't have did that either without the spenders. People that spend money on Valor are a key aspect to this game. So we should be thanking them not getting mad about it.

Nachos2
Knight

Postby Nachos2 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:03 pm

Superior1 wrote:I have seen the big spenders as well, I don't think anybody will deny that there is. It's a given that in a game where one can spend money to get an edge that some people will indeed spend money to get that edge. That's just common sense. It's also common sense that there will be some that are rich and will throw lots if money at the game. Theses people are in a sense paying our way. Like I said above without spenders we would have no game to play at all. Quark just resently held the TOC and gave out awesome prizes to the winners. They couldn't have did that either without the spenders. People that spend money on Valor are a key aspect to this game. So we should be thanking them not getting mad about it.

I completely agree with you Sup. players that spend money on the game make it possible for the rest of us to play this great game. And we should be thanking them. You are also correct that Quark helped to level the playing field by introducing speed worlds and giving gold to winners. However as myname999 said there comes a point when players that spend massive amounts of gold become so hard to play against because of the advantage they gain from spending 10,000+ gold in a single world where it turns off non gold spenders to joining new Tbs worlds. In a 1k world there's only 1 region and if someone joins and has 10 lord cities in less than a week it's nearly impossible to take them down because of the quick pace the new worlds end. I see nothing wrong with spending gold, or spending as much as you want. But people that regularly drop 10k+ gold upon entering a new world deter non gold spenders from joining these worlds. Quark needs to cater to both sides of their player base. Not just the big gold spenders that pay for the gold.

Superior1

Postby Superior1 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:37 pm

I by no means am implying that us non spenders should be left out in the cold. We are an equal part of Valor as well. My advise for the ones that are overly upset about it is to jump into a world and take a look around. If they see any of the major spenders in there then just leave and wait for the next one to open. It's the same thing a lot of us did with speed worlds, we watched to see if any of the multiple account players are there and if not we jumped in to have a good game. As ideally it's the same thing as Spenders. Multiple account players grow at a huge accelerated pace, Same as Spenders. So I fully get the irritation of it. But I do not see that it's worth getting mad over and even possibly quitting Valor. I myself am way to hooked on Valor to let little stuff like that deter me from it!

Nachos2
Knight

Postby Nachos2 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:05 pm

Superior1 wrote:I by no means am implying that us non spenders should be left out in the cold. We are an equal part of Valor as well. My advise for the ones that are overly upset about it is to jump into a world and take a look around. If they see any of the major spenders in there then just leave and wait for the next one to open. It's the same thing a lot of us did with speed worlds, we watched to see if any of the multiple account players are there and if not we jumped in to have a good game. As ideally it's the same thing as Spenders. Multiple account players grow at a huge accelerated pace, Same as Spenders. So I fully get the irritation of it. But I do not see that it's worth getting mad over and even possibly quitting Valor. I myself am way to hooked on Valor to let little stuff like that deter me from it!

I agree with you. :-) and omg a speed world just opened.

Magicmike
Lancer

Postby Magicmike » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:09 am

Hi
Not sure if this fits Post or Not.
Gold Spenders can waste Money if they like

My question is that a Lot of Old Players dont like the barb Worlds
I am sure many do as well
But for the traditional Players is it possible to have the Old traditional Format back as well.
Even if Not so many regions. That is also possible
But i have Played a barb World And Won we are just Mopping up the tiny Cities to be Last Guild Standing.
I will Not Play Another. World where the Barb Cities Play such a Big role
Have enjoyed Valor but there is nö pleasure in the new Formats . I am Not a barb Capper LOL

MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:02 am

Lol I'm not saying that money has to be banned from Valor, but that the new TBS rules have to fit the way gold is spent now. There's a new sort of game, new rules may have to fit this...

Maximum gold usage in a single world, or each day, or payable worlds to enter in, ... a solution has to be found.

In classical worlds, these amount of gold could be spent and with a crew of great players making good teamwork, there wasn't a real advantage (the player expansion was just easier and quicker). Now in 1k world, with barb cities, in a 99x99 map, this is really different.

If Quark don't see that winning a world can be bought now, there'll be much more great players, that contributed to the Valor changes in giving their feedbacks and to Valor shine contributing in the world competition, that will leave as several already did generating a real loss for our community. As a Valor's Lion, I know you already know it.

Superior1

Postby Superior1 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:36 am

Yes I'm aware of what your talking about. It is what stemmed me to create this thread. As seeing good people quit Valor over such a minor issue Is not good. But I don't believe that is really why people would quit over that. I believe it's because there are a handful of players getting upset about it and spreading the anger. Rather then us focusing on all small things that we don't like let's help make this game even better then it is. Focus on the good not dwell on the bad.

Return to “General”