General topics and discussion on Valor.
Savage
Lancer

Postby Savage » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:59 pm

Can you repost the spreadsheet?

Matthew618
Lancer

Postby Matthew618 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:51 am

Savage wrote:Can you repost the spreadsheet?

The spreadsheet is still posted. When you click the download link it may not load the sheet itself but in the upper right-hand portion of your screen you should see a download button.

SoulSlayer556
Lancer

Postby SoulSlayer556 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:44 pm

Not sure if this is just a problem on my end... But when I put my cities into the 'Names' pages, the number of scouts isn't adding up correctly, and the number of ballistas doesn't add up at all. For example, I put in cities that had a total of under 1,000 scouts combined, but it says my total number is almost 7,000...?

RS406
Lancer

Postby RS406 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:25 am

Matthew,

Thanks for sharing this great spreadsheet. i don't want to be pushy but Do you have an updated spreadsheet you wouldn't mind sharing? Also, would you consider releasing one that isn't password protected so we could make some modification to meet or personal preferences?

Matthew618
Lancer

Postby Matthew618 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:10 pm

SoulSlayer556 wrote:Not sure if this is just a problem on my end... But when I put my cities into the 'Names' pages, the number of scouts isn't adding up correctly, and the number of ballistas doesn't add up at all. For example, I put in cities that had a total of under 1,000 scouts combined, but it says my total number is almost 7,000...?

What line are you having issues with? Totals add up correctly for me. Can you perhaps post a screenshot of this?

RS406 wrote:Matthew,

Thanks for sharing this great spreadsheet. i don't want to be pushy but Do you have an updated spreadsheet you wouldn't mind sharing? Also, would you consider releasing one that isn't password protected so we could make some modification to meet or personal preferences?

I haven't had time to update the sheet lately. I am still trying to figure out the way ballistas and rams behave so I can build a proper battle simulator.
I don't plan on releasing a non-password protected version, however, if you send me a personal message with your suggested modification I may add it to the sheet or give you the password to the current sheet if I choose not to add it.

Alarielle
Lancer

Postby Alarielle » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:13 pm

Matthew618 wrote:What line are you having issues with? Totals add up correctly for me. Can you perhaps post a screenshot of this?

I haven't had time to update the sheet lately. I am still trying to figure out the way ballistas and rams behave so I can build a proper battle simulator.
I don't plan on releasing a non-password protected version, however, if you send me a personal message with your suggested modification I may add it to the sheet or give you the password to the current sheet if I choose not to add it.

The cell G3 for total number of scouts on the overview page sums the scouts, knights, guardians, AND rams columns on the names page. It should be =SUM(Names!Y3:Y1000) not =SUM(Names!Y3:AB1000), but that cell is password protected so I can't change it myself :(

MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:19 am

Alarielle wrote:The cell G3 for total number of scouts on the overview page sums the scouts, knights, guardians, AND rams columns on the names page. It should be =SUM(Names!Y3:Y1000) not =SUM(Names!Y3:AB1000), but that cell is password protected so I can't change it myself :(

Lol, select all cells, copy it, paste in another unprotected sheet and correct the cell.

Save the new sheet. If there's references to original sheet, correct it and copy necessited sheets too the same way...

;-P

Matthew618
Lancer

Postby Matthew618 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:39 pm

I'll be honest (if you couldn't already tell): my overview page was a complete afterthought in building the sheet. However, the problem mentioned above has been fixed.

I have also created a public password for a few the of the tabs so you can all customize those as you wish. The password and the tabs it will access are in my original post.

PS: Quark, any chance I can have the Source Code which dictates the behavior of the Rams & Ballista in battle? :)

MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:50 am

Matthew618 wrote:I'll be honest (if you couldn't already tell): my overview page was a complete afterthought in building the sheet. However, the problem mentioned above has been fixed.

I have also created a public password for a few the of the tabs so you can all customize those as you wish. The password and the tabs it will access are in my original post.

PS: Quark, any chance I can have the Source Code which dictates the behavior of the Rams & Ballista in battle? :)

Lool I wanna it too for my simulator!!!

norman12321
Lancer

Postby norman12321 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:55 pm

Thanks for sharing this workbook.

I cannot get the Attack Table to recognise World and Unit speed changes. The Land Time and Launch Time calculate travel time perfectly, with my current world speed and unit speed of 2, but the Attack Table refuses to even recognise I have changed the values at cells F1 and F2. Perhaps a macro is not being triggered?

I am using Excel 2010 SP1.

Return to “General”