Valor down

General topics and discussion on Valor.
Bbloksma
Knight

Valor down

Postby Bbloksma » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:10 pm

You probably know it allready but... As of 30min ago we are getting the "sorry dwarf" when trying to enter Valor.

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:18 pm

Be sure to check here for server updates.

chimbinh
Knight

Postby chimbinh » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:50 pm

Please tell me there will be proper compensations. I was in the middle of launching a HUGE operation, had 80% of my offense launched from 1:30 hours away from the target (about 150k zerks and 70k guards) and the server went down before I could sent my scholars just from 10 minutes away from the target. I'm expecting full recover for my troops loss except the one that will survive. I will properly submit a support ticket soon after the server is back up and I get all the reports of how much troops I lost.

I miss the time when valor used to announce the down time of server before hand.
VVP - Love Swimming In Red Sea ;)

W188 Or SpeedWorlds ;)

Plaperriere
Lancer

Postby Plaperriere » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:30 pm

Gents of Valor...I am dumbfounded how you guys don't have a back up contingency plan for downtime like this as I assume this is an unexpected outage. When Amazon servers went down last year, you guys threw up all over yourselves and promised that you would make sure at this type of thing wouldn't happen again. Yet here we are with almost a 12 hour outage. I can understand a few hours. But, we are approaching a length that is by all means, unacceptable. After hearing the amount of money (real cash) that people spend on this game, there is ZERO excuse as to why you don't have a backup to kick in and take over while the server is being looked at. We don't need to know the details of the outage, cause it is a moot point. But, most of the Valorians that are here pay a good deal of money to play, myself included. We deserve better than this. Can you guys please do a better job with having a backup plan for extended outages like this? This is pathetic.

Kingarthur3
Lancer

Safety Net

Postby Kingarthur3 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:48 pm

Are there plans to implement a possible 8-10 hr truce for worlds when servers come back up?
I've heard several players worried about their cities being vulnerable cause the lag has not allowed them to properly defend them before the outage happened! Therefore could be at a disadvantage when servers are back on line if they are off.

Understand that's part of the general strategy but the game crashing shouldn't put people at risk that normally wouldn't have been.

Just a thought.

Pickerel
Lancer

Postby Pickerel » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:07 pm

I have to agree, someone in some time zone is going to go to sleep just as the servers come back online. A truce is the only fair option. But how to handle folks who just sent their hoards out and their scholars get left behind?

terry1234
Lancer

Postby terry1234 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:28 pm

I've been down since 930 this morning just says no connection

terry1234
Lancer

hi IM terry1234

Postby terry1234 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:38 pm

I've been down since 10 this morning all is says is trying to connect

Mess
Lancer

Postby Mess » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:40 pm

What a mess! Truce should be in order and 2k gold for ordeal.

Law
Knight

Postby Law » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:44 pm

In any battle, the vagaries of nature can disrupt the most detailed plans. Storms, earthquakes and yes, server crashes. No attack is perfect nor will any solution to this be perfect. If a truce is done, it will no doubt disrupt a general's detailed plan. But such is life.

And thank you for the updates orlor.

Return to “General”