Valor down

General topics and discussion on Valor.
Harryw909
Lancer

Postby Harryw909 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:43 am

Seriously, you talking about spending money, that is you're choice kid. The game itself doesn't cost anything, it happens,you didn't spend $50 in a shop and forced to pay $20 a month to play the game, the game is free, they still got bills to pay, you don't know the full back ground of the reasoning for it going down. Point being calm down stop having a strop, you seriously has issues if you are taking it to heart this much about a free game going down. You saying unacceptable, don't like it to play angry birds

Hilly1977
Lancer

Postby Hilly1977 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:02 am

I agree they know what time Valor went down so once they find and fix the problem they should restart the game at that time (after letting everyone know) that way nobody or at worst very few will be disadvantaged, it would continue as if nothing happened in the first place.

Chaser019
Lancer

Postby Chaser019 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:35 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqOtnzz7lUI

Brought to you by Nameless. A23

Bbloksma
Knight

Postby Bbloksma » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:49 am

Hey Orlor,
Can you give us any kind of hint what kind of problem the server team is trying to solve? Is it a complete server crash, a database crash? Or is there some wierd network problem preventing us from connecting to the server while the server is running.

becoop
Lancer

Postby becoop » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:57 am

Drop valor.GameData

Bbloksma
Knight

Postby Bbloksma » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:55 am

Hilly,that scenario has been discussed during the last major crash but.... Do you know the Valor time at any given moment by just looking at your local time? Probably yes as it is an easy add or substract a few hours.
Immagine you have to calculate Valor time by calculating it minus 43 hours and 23 min or sometng like it. Coordinating an action with other players would become a nightmare.

Quark decided to give everybody 50 gold and just extend time based stuff like resource boost, queue extender, etc. with the length of down time so those investments are not diminished.

AIXV
Lancer

Game Over

Postby AIXV » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:05 pm

Quark has gone bankrupt

Rhino542
Lancer

Postby Rhino542 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:15 pm

Fifty gold is a joke. What's fifty gold gonna do? When I have sent almost all my troops on an attack that will now be for nothing. Fifty gold won't cover that.

BikerMike
Lancer

Postby BikerMike » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:27 pm

My God,
I have not seen this much whinning and rambling since they dissabled chaos. I find in most cases that server issues range from simple to a complete dissaster are restored and resolved fairly quickly. Orlor has a thread to keep us up to date but because it is closed and people cant whine there there are several others just for that. If I were a forum mod I would close all theses threads and link them back to Orlors thread. This is trully a waste of server storage and time for the guysmaintaining them.
Kakao = BikerMike
RL = BikerMike
Any Questions?

Aethlstan
Guardian

Postby Aethlstan » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:11 pm

Whoever wrote this is a genius. I dont take credit for it and i dont know who wrote it

From the journal of a valor addict:
Day 2 without Valor.
The symptoms of withdrawal are taken full effect; the twitching, the insomnia, the public nudity, the itching, trying to play valor in other ways. I didn't sleep last night, every time I would close my eyes I'd see that damn gnome, bobbing and taunting, bobbing and taunting, bobbing and taunting. Must find a way to destroy it! I turned my living room into a region; cities everywhere (made of dog toys, stuffed animals, empty boxes ect, colored string to show where support and attacks were taking place. My dog was the enemy he kept leveling my cities, his new name is ballista (***** for short). My cat that sneaky bastard was the nerd, he would sneak in a take a city when I wasn't looking! How much longer can I keep this up... I am not sure. I must find a way to infiltrate past the gnome, I must, I must, I must....

Return to “General”