Valor down

General topics and discussion on Valor.
goldenjet50
Lancer

I agree with ProblemChild

Postby goldenjet50 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:57 am

Given the length of this outage, I suspect it now involves data recovery, or the lack thereof. If I were Quark, I would be trying everything possible to restore/rebuild data as close to the point of failure as possible, even if it means keeping it down longer. Can you imagine the fall-out if everyone was put back a day, a week, two weeks? Many would give up on the game? Think that they need to learn from the mistakes of others (such as Intel) and come clean on the nature and severity of the problem. A "non information" post every few hours is insufficient. You need to keep your customers informed with real data, frequently. Keep us engaged. I don't worry about restoring the value of in game purchases that were lost. They've said they'd handle that and past performance has demonstrated that they will. I worry about the catastrophic loss of data, which will lead to loss of players. Oh well, more inactives to cap!!!

goldenjet50
Lancer

Ah Crap

Postby goldenjet50 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:11 am

Man, I can't even sleep. Got VSD. Valor Sleep depravation!!!

mclueppers2
Knight

Postby mclueppers2 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:36 am

You're right. Nothing is lost. We just sit here and chat hoping that the servers come back and everyone continue to play. Bad thing is that only Quarkgames and God know when this will happen but unfortunately both don't give ETA. So instead of hoping that the service will be resumed soon let's reimburse the players first?! Once they recover I might spend same money again, right?

fortheLOVE

Postby fortheLOVE » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:42 am

Kingjason666 wrote:U do sleep slurrrp from 5-8vt then wake up for a P. see how many city's we took from you then go back to sleep till 12vt

nice jason, you've shown your talent for stalking. =) and also showed me you can't take a city from slurp while he's awake. lol, nice work slurp.
-enjoythefall
w110 Anarchy (Anonymous)

mclueppers2
Knight

Postby mclueppers2 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:52 am

angelinathe3rd wrote:I spend money too. Because I wanted not because it's an obligation. It's annoying been for almost 2days without the game. But nothing it's lost. You will get any extender or boost you had... So Why a fraud???? Accidents and breakdowns happenes.... That's my opinion.

I'll give you an example: you go in a fancy shop, buy latest mobile phone, put some money on a prepaid card a start using it. Couple of days later your phone stops connecting to the network because "accidents and breakdowns happens". Do you still get any value for the prepaid card? No? You just sit back and relax because you know that nobody else can use your provider? You're not annoyed that your new toy is not actually doing what you intended to do?

Greyhigh
Guardian

Postby Greyhigh » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:43 am

mclueppers2 wrote:And now what about all of us that pay real money for this game so that it's still free for the rest and continuously developed? How would you feel if you just cashed in $100 in gold and the server goes down? For me it's a fraud - I do not get any value from the money I spent.

Please explain how this is fraud. Yes, you paid money for gold. Yes, servers are down. Are you that dull to not realize your gold will still be there when the servers come back up? You MAY have a case of fraud if your gold was missing, but it won't be. Stop crying into your milk, and just relax.
I personally have enjoyed the down time. I got some real work done! haha

SlurrrPup
Lancer

Postby SlurrrPup » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:58 am

Kingjason666 wrote:U do sleep slurrrp from 5-8vt then wake up for a P. see how many city's we took from you then go back to sleep till 12vt

Thanks for showing how classy you are KingJason666 and that your guild, Guild Masters, has resorted to program bugs to attack me. I noticed you didn't mention which guild is in first. LOL

Yes there is a program bug out there that will allow you to find out if someone is online or not. It makes tripwires completely useless. You don't have to time any of your attacks. Removes all need for advanced tactics and skill.

Special thanks to Yournextex and fortheLove for having my back. Those that know me.
Pup aka Giacomo Casanova aka Nathan Hale aka Mata Hari

mclueppers2
Knight

Postby mclueppers2 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:09 am

Greyhigh wrote:Please explain how this is fraud. Yes, you paid money for gold. Yes, servers are down. Are you that dull to not realize your gold will still be there when the servers come back up? You MAY have a case of fraud if your gold was missing, but it won't be. Stop crying into your milk, and just relax.
I personally have enjoyed the down time. I got some real work done! haha

I'll relax once I 1) have my money back and 2) a reliable SLA is put in place. Yes, nobody forced me to buy gold. Yes, there is a problem now but you have to understand that I expect more than "we're still working, no ETA atm". Once the servers are back is not a perspective for me. Giving money back has nothing to do with the game being offline. And support points back exactly to this issue as a reason for not answering my tickets - in short rephrasing: servers are offline, we're short on employees now, we'll respond once back online. Wtf? You call this support?

Plaperriere
Lancer

Postby Plaperriere » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:31 am

mclueppers2 wrote:I'll relax once I 1) have my money back and 2) a reliable SLA is put in place. Yes, nobody forced me to buy gold. Yes, there is a problem now but you have to understand that I expect more than "we're still working, no ETA atm". Once the servers are back is not a perspective for me. Giving money back has nothing to do with the game being offline. And support points back exactly to this issue as a reason for not answering my tickets - in short rephrasing: servers are offline, we're short on employees now, we'll respond once back online. Wtf? You call this support?

Well said, Mclueppers

Lionphil
Lancer

Postby Lionphil » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:26 pm

This is totally ridicoulus. Valor has been down for over 48 hours and all were getting is non-information updates like "keep tuned" We deserve to be told more about the problem. And they could at least give us an estimate about how long valor will stay offline. They should also tell us if its true that they have lost all data of the last 2 weeks. Do they really have that little staff that they cant even take the time to tell us these things??? It would be awesome if they could make the game go online with everything exactly like it was when the game went off. I mean like skipp valor time ahead two days without anyone getting more resources and without any upgrades being finished during that time. If not i am expecting 1k+ golld for compensation!

Return to “General”