What you like and dislike about Valor

General topics and discussion on Valor.
AceDragon
Guardian

Postby AceDragon » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:39 pm

@Tim. The update has made things worse.!

Vasasalo
Guardian

Postby Vasasalo » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:31 pm

I hate I have to change to a third party chat to easily communicate with my guild and alliance. Please insert an ingame chat that you can choose between see all chats (text colors different with the chat type in front of it. For example. 1. Alliance chat. 2. Guild chat. 3. Personal messages. Absolutely no world chat though. That is a huge time since with nothing but whining and threats and stupidity. It's part of the reason I left emeross war even though I had put so much time into it. Anyways 1. All texts would be black. 2. All texts would be green. 3. All text would be red. Etc

Robfdny
Lancer

Postby Robfdny » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:39 pm

love the game , so far.... wish i didnt have to figure everything out for my self......

Destroyer75
Knight

Postby Destroyer75 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:12 pm

The one thing I don't like is that non of my guild members will help me like all be in a war and say help me attack these corridents or something like that. I keep demoting them but they don't seem to care any advice?

Valorgamer
Guardian

Postby Valorgamer » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:27 pm

Start a vote for a new leader and step down ?
They may follow someone they respect more than the guy who is only a warlord because he created the guild !
It's better to be a member of active helpful guild than being a warlord of one that doesn't pull it's weight
For support in game, please go to:
Portal > ? (Question Mark - Upper right of the screen) > Support > Mail Icon
For support outside of the game, please go to:
http://playmesh.zendesk.com/home

Mr. O
Scholar

Postby Mr. O » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:31 am

Valorgamer wrote:It's better to be a member of active helpful guild than being a warlord of one that doesn't pull it's weight

/sign
/sign
/double sign
For support in game, please go to:
Portal > ? (Question Mark - Upper right of the screen) > Support > Mail Icon
For support outside of the game, please go to:
http://playmesh.zendesk.com/home

KingDanielI
Lancer

3 wishes

Postby KingDanielI » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:40 am

I've only been playing for a couple of weeks but have years of experience in similar types of game. IMO this app needs 3 things added to it to make it a complete game.

Firstly there has to be some type of real time 'chat' feature. I am leader of the top guild in my region after only a couple of weeks and entering into the world late in the piece. But it is a constant battle keeping players engaged and motivated to continue our momentum. Players drop out (or get kicked) as they become inactive all the time. A chat feature in every other similar type of game has been the glue that keeps players around. It doesn't help either that forum posts are limited to a short paragraph. It is simply effective communication that is paramount for keeping players in the game.

Next, a more comprehensive guide is required. The 'help' feature doesn't quite cut it as it gives users only the basics. The players (particularly newbs) that stick around are going to need more information on key dynamics eventually or will get swallowed up by more experienced players. I could give examples if you like but experienced player will know where I'm coming from and I want to keep this as brief as possible.

Finally, and this is only my opinion, we need an end game!! The current strategy of an endless game IMO is to get as much coin out of people as possible. But with new worlds being created constantly, is it really necessary? In similar games that I have played, I usually pull the pin as the menotony gets the better of me. However, having a goal keeps my interest in the game and will motivate me to spend moey on the game to stay competitive for the finale, something that I'm loathe to do when the continuous gameplay dictates I don't have to! A setup similar to Travian is ideal. 9-12 months of gameplay with an end-game. I played 3 seasons and each one had an objective which effectively kept me coming back for more! (and spend my hard earned dosh).

Destroyer75
Knight

Postby Destroyer75 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:01 pm

No that's not gonna work because the other 2 guys in my guild one just lost his city and th other won't talk

WalBanger
Lancer

Postby WalBanger » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:41 pm

@Destroyer maybe im reading this wrong but are you saying your guild is number 1 in your world with 3 members and one of them has lost his ONE and only city??

Destroyer75
Knight

Postby Destroyer75 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:15 pm

I'm not number one in a world but I don't know what to do to get my guild to help

Return to “General”