MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:21 am

Lol (and sorry to loling)...

Anyway, last choice is made by Quark ;-p

AleGuzzler
Lancer

Postby AleGuzzler » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:30 am

I am unsurprisingly disappointed in what would appear to be yet another Valor failure. This is how successful dictatorships work, you appease the people by giving them a “voice” in an election with the intent of making a biased decision behind closed doors. Well done Quark!

cattiebrie
Knight

Postby cattiebrie » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:01 am

What if an android user gets the guild master medal? Seeing as we android users can't even see our own medals will they even know they got it?

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:10 am

Last time, Quark posted it to Facebook, the forums, and the website. They also sent an email when I was selected. Lastly, I'm sure guild members who are iOS users will mention it.
W95 Praetorian Guard Guild Leader
Kakao: LordFirefall or Firefall

mckollock
Lancer

Postby mckollock » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:49 pm

Whatever process was used for the first guildmasters should be used this time around. To give current guildmaster the power to influence further guildmaster selection is flawed. It's far to easy for personal vendettas to be used against some and also to ensure that only those that they want, rather than who rightly should be there get a chance. It's just not possible to ensure an impartial and fair selection would take place and knowing one or two there I'm sure that wouldn't happen.

MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:25 am

Why all this blabla...

Really good crowns know they are doing great work, their mates know it too... No need for such a medal.

Guildmaster is just a bit much more "democratic" medal than lion's one, but don't show a real difference with lots

GlockSniper
Lancer

Postby GlockSniper » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:20 am

I have never posted in the forum before never saw much need. The game programming has issues...roll with it and move on. But aside from the game issue those running and operating the game (Quark) are just as bad as the programming. I am so disappointed to hear the system being used to select guildmasters. Why is it that the criteria and manner of selecting has changed? Shouldn't it remain consistent and future GM are selected like the first were? By allowing current GM to select future GM winners is a situation set up for failure. Of course they will be bias based off who has been teammates, allies and enemies in past. One experience makes a GM vote against a nominated player and bad mouth them influencing other GMs therefor canceling out all the good the nominee has done and reason they were voted for by those that know them as a leader. Most GM likely don't even know the true leadership of the nominees and yet they are selecting winners off personal feelings. Finding out how this is what is occurring in selecting the future GM has made the guildmaster medal a complete joke not an honor. It is now a meaningless medal as it is more a popularity or kiss butt contest not selecting outstanding leaders in the game. Quark has made a poor choice setting up an unfair, bias system for this medal winners selection. And to have guildmasters that don't really even know the nominees bad mouthing nominees in a room where they can't even defend or give the other side of story is ridiculous. This medal now shows a lack of character in some current GM and a joke of the medal!

Ibcnu
Lancer

Postby Ibcnu » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:24 pm

I am in complete agreement with you Glock. This is highly irregular to put such power into the hands of other valorians. I mean this game, by its nature, is meant for war. We are AT WAR with the other GMs. Naturally they will hold a grudge if you actually win. Furthermore, Glock is completely right when he said its a popularity contest! We all know what has to be done to win some worlds and we all know the repercussions of those actions amongst the valor community. Putting control of these things in the hands of other valor players is, to me, completely unacceptable. You should be asking the players themselves and their own players and interviewing each one individually

Mok
Lancer

Postby Mok » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:02 pm

Well to me
-if guild follows then i know im on right track
-if we are having fun then i know im on right track
-if we are winning then i know im on right track
-if we are loosing and still having fun and stick together as team while fighting out then i know im on right track

Honnestly no medal can replace the feeling or the notion at world end when whole crew is still firm together and follows the crowns on next world no matter the outcome on previous one.
I run a medium sized guild with firm core crew and when i see all again in next world jump room ready to fight alongside again that is my medal :)
My guild mates and im honored i can play with them agan!

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:00 pm

Well said, Mock.
W95 Praetorian Guard Guild Leader

Kakao: LordFirefall or Firefall

Return to “General”