Family Guilds: Good or bad?

General topics and discussion on Valor.
Lordpimp1
Knight

Postby Lordpimp1 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:01 pm

Both methods work. I have been In family guilds and have survived with my own guild. I dont know. Maybe it's just because I have never been attacked.

Duke24
Guardian

Postby Duke24 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:41 pm

Ramily guild provide the ability to grow and prosper in new worlds. I wasn't part of a family guild because it wasn't a new world. Once the new players and such have a month to fight it out you can hop in the world and start playing without worrying about being conquered by the dude with 500,000 points already in the top guild of the family.

Behr52
Lancer

Postby Behr52 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:59 pm

I think family guilds provide some security I'm new to the game and see the advantages of this choice, however I would like to see more independence.

Valonsire
Lancer

Postby Valonsire » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:51 pm

LordJAG wrote:Trust me, Large guilds everything you just said! Thats what KAKAO is for. Sound to me like your jusr disgruntled about somthing. Lets test your theory. I wont ask for help, find me and attack me with all your might and find were your troops end up? half dead and running to a family guild for help.
You make a valid point. but its just a game norm that wont happend

Well how is that possibly even a good way to test the theory? You are probably half a world away...my troops would probably take a month to reach you lol. I fail to see how that would prove anything. If you were right next to me then it might be viable.

Valonsire
Lancer

Postby Valonsire » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:53 pm

Duke24 wrote:Ramily guild provide the ability to grow and prosper in new worlds. I wasn't part of a family guild because it wasn't a new world. Once the new players and such have a month to fight it out you can hop in the world and start playing without worrying about being conquered by the dude with 500,000 points already in the top guild of the family.

Isnt that why the game had a Morale mechanic?

Tooltip
Scholar

Postby Tooltip » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:16 pm

The moral mechanic becomes stronger but not as effective when they have more resources, more allies, more cities, more research, and more population than you.

Duke24
Guardian

Postby Duke24 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:19 pm

In world 4 there is an independent non-aligned guild. The only reason it is still around in because it is far from any cities of my guild's.

Rats
Knight

Postby Rats » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:31 am

Family guilds are a nessesity its impossible to stand alone forever

Duke24
Guardian

Postby Duke24 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:09 pm

Yep. That's true.

Gwynbleidd
Lancer

Postby Gwynbleidd » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:21 pm

i started a small guild in world 53 or 54, barely 12 or 13 members. out of which only 3 or four of us were active. We took our time and we used strategy and attacked one of the family guilds. we managed to conquer 8 cities. and then i got taken out by a random player. but my point is that family guilds though scary and dominating, are not everything. in my current world (60) there is a guild that has no sisters and is amongst the top 5 guilds and doing very well. i am part of a family guild. i can see the pros and cons of both sides. and though a family guild may lead to stagnation in every possible way, i can tell you personally that the effort of a guild trying to keep up with its sisters is prevalent. they dont just lie back and watch. and these families meet up on kakao and share their knowledge of the game to pass on to their sisters. and the sisters in turn post it in the forums. also the sister guilds generally organize themsleves according to regions so eitherway, in a praticular region, they can still be take down.

Return to “General”