Tripwires as they say?

General topics and discussion on Valor.
Aethlstan
Guardian

Postby Aethlstan » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:11 pm

Thats correct. Rough percentages, however, not exact. The point of 4 lancer tripwires is it gives you an idea of how much offense the enemy is sending at a city, or how weak your guild member's defense is. So if your guild member is attacked you can decide whether or not to send support based on how many of your tripwire died.

Greyhigh
Guardian

Postby Greyhigh » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:27 am

When I tripwire, the only method I use is the 4-lancer. That way I know how urgent it is and I can approximate how much support I want to send them. The problem with using only 1 lancer/scout is that they only die if the city is cleared, so you don't know if the attack was a scout, or they just didn't lose all their troops.

Krumbz613
Guardian

Postby Krumbz613 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:05 am

While we use tripwires for notification purposes, I disagree with this 4-lancer mathematical equation. The reason being is that it depends on what troops were used as attackers. High attack value versus infantry or mounted. Hence, if your city is full of guards and I trip with 4 lancers... You get attacked by knights, we will not lose the same percentage of troops

Greyhigh
Guardian

Postby Greyhigh » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:51 am

Krumbz613 wrote:While we use tripwires for notification purposes, I disagree with this 4-lancer mathematical equation. The reason being is that it depends on what troops were used as attackers. High attack value versus infantry or mounted. Hence, if your city is full of guards and I trip with 4 lancers... You get attacked by knights, we will not lose the same percentage of troops

There is no attack value versus infantry or mount, it's just on value. Only defense looks at that calculation of infantry or mount. The losses when an attack happens is even across the board. How much the attacker loses is based of the various defense values. The math for the 4-lancer tripwire is true. PM will have to disprove this if I am wrong.

dfrsg
Lancer

Postby dfrsg » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:34 am

This is true... but they are useless when enemies r going on a full strike against.

KMT
Guardian

Postby KMT » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:36 am

% does not change: you can send 4 lancers (or 4 guards or 4 knights...) and when 1 troop dies you know your guildy lost at least 25% of troops defending his city. if 2 troops die you know half of support died and so on. you can do the same with 5 troops: every died troop means 20% of losses in that city. If you send 1 troop only and you get report of your dead troop it can be too late to send support. Issue about tripwires? updates as always: you do not get report until your guildy or his attacker downloads his own report. Ex: A sends tripwires to B's city. C attacks B and his cleanings land at 10.00. C downloads his report at 12.30 while B is on vacation so he is not logging: A does not receive report of tripwire at 10.00, he gets it at 12.30

Return to “General”