Crashing!

General topics and discussion on Valor.
KMT
Guardian

Postby KMT » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:03 am

No way! I saw new updates on friends devices... issues in getting reports, mails, ... more crashings. They want to have old release back: who had backup of iphone restored it. I will not download a new update untill playmesh fixes old issues and does not cause new ones.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:16 am

KMT wrote:No way! I saw new updates on friends devices... issues in getting reports, mails, ... more crashings. They want to have old release back: who had backup of iphone restored it. I will not download a new update untill playmesh fixes old issues and does not cause new ones.

KMT - do what I do. I download the latest of HD and keep an old SD version. That way, if I don't like the latest update, I can switch to SD. How are you going to know if they have fixed issues you're experiencing until you try?

BillBoskins
Lancer

Postby BillBoskins » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:27 pm

PwnLaw wrote:We're noticing a quality decay for older devices (early generation iPod Touches, iPad 1). We're looking into it, but we suspect it might be a hardware limitation as Valor has gotten more sophisticated and demanding on resources.

I'm not sure about sophisticated, but my game looks exactly the same as it did before the update, (after disabling the new top bar and swipe thingy.. Etc..) But still have poor performance issues.

This game does not appear to be optimised very well, the refresh rates loading each city tell us that. With each update performance deteriorates, and many broken things STILL have not been addressed such as bookmarks, guild chat, (visible in some worlds but not working??)., list goes on and this can't be healthy for performance.

My suggestion would be to give those graphic designers a bit of paid leave and crank up the heat on your techy guys to fix the game.

Still a great game though. Thanks.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:47 pm

Bookmarks have been back for a while now.

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:08 pm

I run 2.1.7 on iPhone 4 for 5.0.1 with no crash problems.

If you're a bunch of updates behind, you're going to miss the benefits of recent stability updates. Come join us in the new Valor, we're having all sorts of fun.

BillBoskins
Lancer

Postby BillBoskins » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:23 pm

LordFirefall wrote:Bookmarks have been back for a while now.

Not true. I saved a bookmark this morning, later in the day it vanished.

Was using the latest update, until the one just realised today.

BillBoskins
Lancer

Postby BillBoskins » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:24 pm

Sorry, you meant back? Ok, but still not working correctly is what I meant.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:35 pm

BillBoskins wrote:Not true. I saved a bookmark this morning, later in the day it vanished.

Was using the latest update, until the one just realised today.

Mine have been working fine. No vanishing, no issues.

ValkyrieS
Lancer

Postby ValkyrieS » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:57 pm

I thought map glitch would be fixed by now... Allies still not showing in green, as it should. Ay idea on when this will be addressed?

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:36 am

ValkyrieS wrote:I thought map glitch would be fixed by now... Allies still not showing in green, as it should. Ay idea on when this will be addressed?

It's fixed with today's update.

Return to “General”