TOC gone to pot

General topics and discussion on Valor.
bananabandana

Postby bananabandana » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:01 pm

Corgi73 wrote:My bad as I didn't know the rules, and that's the first time I've seen them, my understanding was it was a knockout comp, and players from all worlds let say the the top 1-8 were going to get invites to each of the rounds, as I now know the rules, I have to say I don't agree with them, if your knocked out that should be it, just my opinion, I know there are teams working together and yes if you get target that is unlucky, I had it in my first speed, I was unlucky

Thank you for your understanding, and I totally understand that you and other players share concerns toward the structure of this tournament. Seeing as this is Valor's first ToC, we expect future tournaments to be full of new developments (even potentially new game modes) as Valor continues to evolve and expand.

Regardless of the feedback received thus far into the tournament (which has been extremely beneficial and significant toward our development process moving forward), at this point in the tournament, it would be unfair to change the structure of the tournament as it was initially designed.

Please continue to provide feedback on improvements you think can be made to ToC and, as a friendly reminder, try to keep feedback as constructive and civil as possible (not calling you out or anything, but you know how these threads tend to escalate). Thanks!

Kingjason666
Knight

Postby Kingjason666 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:42 pm

Honestly it should be a knockout comp. I have mates that didn't make it through the first set of ToC and Im glad they get a second chance. But I agree with corgi and creator prime people should get a second chance. Luck is a part of valor at times just as it is in RL. But are we looking for the champion of champions here or just the guy that got 3 chances and made it in the end.

Rules have been set for this toc but Personally I think when it's done in ToC 2 it should be a full on knockout tourney givens players a little further down the points list a chance to enter rather than the same guys re enter.
Currently there are 55 in q3 and at least 17 are names I saw in q1-2 or qf1. That's 17 new players that could have been given a shot are eternal glory. If I had of been knocked out of QF instead of making it through. I would feel like creator and feel I didn't deserve a second chance but I would still take the second chance as I want to win it.

And as far as teams. I suggest your all make teams and kick butt together but in sf teams will dissapear as not many can make it through.

Kingjason666
Knight

Postby Kingjason666 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:45 pm

Also creator has a point about the SW players not getting an invite. I think in future tourney if you have won a certain number of SW in a set period say won 10 in a month then you should be given an invite as SW are hard to win. This would give SW players a chance to enter with the standard world players

Superior1

Postby Superior1 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:56 pm

Dually noted. My bad, my intention was not to call anybody out but I can see how it is a personal post and could be took that way. Ill refrain from that in the future.

Corgi73
Lancer

Postby Corgi73 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:08 pm

Hi superior, all good nothing to be sorry about from what i can see and if i mad a comment that was out of line then i sorry that was not my intent i just thought it was a knockout comp , my bad for not reading the rules, I've never take valor personal, ever

Superior1

Postby Superior1 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:18 pm

That's good that you don't take Valor personal. A lot of people do though so I fully agree we need to choose our words carefully as to not cause any fights in the Forums. I believe the post was directed at me not you but either way it's a good point.

Now I do agree that using top ranked players from normal worlds to compete in a speed world style Competition is a bit off base. As the two are very different and I myself had not even played a speed world until the announcement of the tournament. Once more time passes though and more people are familiar both styles of game play I think it will even out. But currently this new format is new to most of us.

Bobostl
Lancer

Postby Bobostl » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:44 pm

How about as a way to prevent teams, you mask cords and others city names? Make it where you can't tell who is who. That way you would have an actual competition.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:00 pm

I used to play another game that had an add on that could mask city names. Players still found ways to communicate.

Powerbang

Postby Powerbang » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:01 pm

I declined my invite due to many of the same frustrations voiced here.

bm0ore
Lancer

Postby bm0ore » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:07 pm

Very good points on both sides here guys. I think I mostly agree with the idea that it is unfair to offer players anything more than 1 chance in the tournament.
I hope that Quark realizes that the tournament should be a single elimination style bracket. This would also mean more players get a shot in the qualifiers.

Return to “General”