Guild world 2

General topics and discussion on Valor.
chimbinh
Knight

Postby chimbinh » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:14 pm

Orlor wrote:See http://forum.quarkgames.com/showthread.php?8343-406-000-gold I expect that cities will be built up extremely quickly both through gold and knowledge of Valor.

I have nothing against gold spender, but this sentence from Orlor is pretty BS to me.
If one is spending gold to build city fast, knowledge of valor does not mean anything. It's only the matter of how much gold one spends.

Valor knowledge can only be shown when one build city fast and cap a second lord city within 15 days and get gold conquerer medals using only 100 gold for queue extender for 2 weeks. And then after that knowledge of Valor can only be shown through wars.

Building city extremely fast using gold had nothing to do with knowlegde of valor. The only knowledge involve is lnowing 100USD can buy 2400 gold.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:45 pm

chimbinh wrote:I have nothing against gold spender, but this sentence from Orlor is pretty BS to me.
If one is spending gold to build city fast, knowledge of valor does not mean anything. It's only the matter of how much gold one spends.

Valor knowledge can only be shown when one build city fast and cap a second lord city within 15 days and get gold conquerer medals using only 100 gold for queue extender for 2 weeks. And then after that knowledge of Valor can only be shown through wars.

Building city extremely fast using gold had nothing to do with knowlegde of valor. The only knowledge involve is lnowing 100USD can buy 2400 gold.

There is a technique to building cities quickly, gold or not. It's a matter of striking the correct balance between the different build choices. Even if you use gold, you still need to keep this balance in mind if you want to minimize your time.
W95 Praetorian Guard Guild Leader
Kakao: LordFirefall or Firefall

chimbinh
Knight

Postby chimbinh » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:12 pm

LordFirefall wrote:There is a technique to building cities quickly, gold or not. It's a matter of striking the correct balance between the different build choices. Even if you use gold, you still need to keep this balance in mind if you want to minimize your time.

I'm very familiar with building technique for balance when no gold is involve. But if you're using gold to get to 20k points within 3 days or even faster, I'm sure that technique doesn't mean jack. There is no waiting time for resources when gold is involved.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:09 pm

chimbinh wrote:I'm very familiar with building technique for balance when no gold is involve. But if you're using gold to get to 20k points within 3 days or even faster, I'm sure that technique doesn't mean jack. There is no waiting time for resources when gold is involved.

Look at your building resource requirements and build times and do the math. You will then see that even gold spenders need to take it into account.

Everyone seems to think that gold spenders get to the level they are at, purely through gold. The last pre-TBS world my guild entered, we started a week later than everyone else. We caught up with the ones who started as soon as the world opened, with some of us spending gold, but primarily through sound strategy and a LOT of teamwork.

chimbinh
Knight

Postby chimbinh » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:31 pm

LordFirefall wrote:Look at your building resource requirements and build times and do the math. You will then see that even gold spenders need to take it into account.

Everyone seems to think that gold spenders get to the level they are at, purely through gold. The last pre-TBS world my guild entered, we started a week later than everyone else. We caught up with the ones who started as soon as the world opened, with some of us spending gold, but primarily through sound strategy and a LOT of teamwork.

Or just spend 2,000 USD and get to 20k points city in 1 day. Seriously, explain what kind of consideration gold spender need to make into account for spending 2,000 USD to get a 20k city in 1 day other than "click building, Click 8hours speed up, Click to buy 100k resources, Click building..."?

chimbinh
Knight

Postby chimbinh » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:33 pm

My point is "there is absolutely no Valor Knowledge involved in building a 20k city within 24 hours."

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:14 pm

There isn't, if you're going to spend $2k in a day. Realistically, how many folks are spending that much money though? If the guilds that have made it to GW can't band together and take a player like that AND his guild out, they don't deserve to be in GW. You act as if no one else in the world is spending gold. Personally, I would drop about $100 in the first day, to get a jump, and then throttle back to my normal. Granted, I wouldn't get it to 20k, but I guarantee I could get into the top 10.

chimbinh
Knight

Postby chimbinh » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:24 pm

LordFirefall wrote:There isn't, if you're going to spend $2k in a day. Realistically, how many folks are spending that much money though? If the guilds that have made it to GW can't band together and take a player like that AND his guild out, they don't deserve to be in GW. You act as if no one else in the world is spending gold. Personally, I would drop about $100 in the first day, to get a jump, and then throttle back to my normal. Granted, I wouldn't get it to 20k, but I guarantee I could get into the top 10.

I think you missed the point of this post. When we talk about Gold Spender, we're talking about players spend as much gold as que471. Players spending golds like that does not require Valor Knowledge to grow fast, that's my point. If you only spend $100 and you manage to stay on top, you're good :) .

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:54 pm

Scroll up. The OP was complaining about someone having a 10k city by the end of day 1, as well as complaining about a screen shot showing 406k gold. The former certainly does not require $2k, and the latter has already been addressed. My point is there are VERY few players who spend on that level.

Contrary to what many claim, spending on that level does NOT guarantee success. Que did the same thing on W100, and he's not even there anymore.

ftony1
Lancer

Postby ftony1 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:29 am

I thought the purpose of the guild worlds was to put the best guilds against each other. Instead it seems that it has become a who can afford to spend the most. There's nothing wrong with using gold. But I think the guild worlds should be gold free. Nothing against Kevin32402 or any other big spender out there. Let the guild worlds be about skill and strategy. Not about who can afford to spend $500 or more. I understand Quark Games is trying to get Valor to make a profit. Let leave the gold out of the guild words and keep it in the standard worlds.

W158 FES Lead Crown ftony1

Return to “General”