Estimated time ???

General topics and discussion on Valor.
LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:57 pm

Very few companies would provide details of their plans to the general public. Why do you think Quark owes us that?
W95 Praetorian Guard Guild Leader
Kakao: LordFirefall or Firefall

Plaperriere
Lancer

Postby Plaperriere » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:10 pm

Interesting observation. The way I look at it is they exist because the investors (us) pay for them to be around. It is simple business. We purchase gold and we are investing in the future success of Valor. We stop spending money, they will not be around. If you think they will continue to do upgrades for us for free, your sadly mistaken.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:19 pm

Plaperriere wrote:Interesting observation. The way I look at it is they exist because the investors (us) pay for them to be around. It is simple business. We purchase gold and we are investing in the future success of Valor. We stop spending money, they will not be around. If you think they will continue to do upgrades for us for free, your sadly mistaken.

It is a business. Very few businesses make their emergency plans available. When your Internet service goes down, do you demand to know how they will prevent it from going down in the future? If you have made that demand, how did it work out for you?

MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:26 am

LordFirefall wrote:It is a business. Very few businesses make their emergency plans available. When your Internet service goes down, do you demand to know how they will prevent it from going down in the future? If you have made that demand, how did it work out for you?

Generally, each SERIOUS business workers don't wait for customers to ask in order to secure them; they do it immediatly in order not to loose confidence, because as you say they do BUSINESS.

I think too that this way of doing isn't the good one. Each time I saw companies having such troubles, they gave technical informations (even the ones we don't understand) and assurances that the problem will not happens again.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:39 am

MyName999 wrote:Generally, each SERIOUS business workers don't wait for customers to ask in order to secure them; they do it immediatly in order not to loose confidence, because as you say they do BUSINESS.

I think too that this way of doing isn't the good one. Each time I saw companies having such troubles, they gave technical informations (even the ones we don't understand) and assurances that the problem will not happens again.

In my experience, that's not the norm. Take hacking, for instance. Very few companies will admit they've been hacked, let alone the details of the steps they are taking to prevent it in the future. The last notable exception was when the Chinese hacked the New York Times. After that happened, there were multiple stories out there about how different the NYT was to publicly admit it had happened. Same with Amazon Web Services - although they may provide some of their clients with details, they aren't making the details of their outages public.

fortheLOVE

Postby fortheLOVE » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:54 am

while i don't feel that i need a dissertation on their steps forward and what safeguards they will put in place to keep this from happening. i do feel that we should get some explanation as to what is going on and why they're having such issues stabilizing the issue. i've heard rumors from servers to possible data loss.. as of now, this long into the down time. severe data loss sounds like a feasible explanation. unless some details are released. i'm beginning to believe the data-loss thing.
-enjoythefall
w110 Anarchy (Anonymous)

Plaperriere
Lancer

Postby Plaperriere » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:32 am

LordFirefall wrote:It is a business. Very few businesses make their emergency plans available. When your Internet service goes down, do you demand to know how they will prevent it from going down in the future? If you have made that demand, how did it work out for you?

I switched! No BS. Switched companies. Went with a reliable company.

Plaperriere
Lancer

Postby Plaperriere » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:40 am

LordFirefall wrote:In my experience, that's not the norm. Take hacking, for instance. Very few companies will admit they've been hacked, let alone the details of the steps they are taking to prevent it in the future. The last notable exception was when the Chinese hacked the New York Times. After that happened, there were multiple stories out there about how different the NYT was to publicly admit it had happened. Same with Amazon Web Services - although they may provide some of their clients with details, they aren't making the details of their outages public.

And that is because if they do, they will lose clients. Bottom line is, if you dont make improvements...you will lose customers. This happened in October, and again 6 months later. They say is ***k me once, ***k me. ***k me twice, ***k you.

Strahd11
Knight

Postby Strahd11 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:58 am

fortheLOVE wrote:while i don't feel that i need a dissertation on their steps forward and what safeguards they will put in place to keep this from happening. i do feel that we should get some explanation as to what is going on and why they're having such issues stabilizing the issue. i've heard rumors from servers to possible data loss.. as of now, this long into the down time. severe data loss sounds like a feasible explanation. unless some details are released. i'm beginning to believe the data-loss thing.

Agreed. There had better be an explanation soon. Not the "we're workin on it" bs. The last time it was amazon going down. Totally understandable. What is it this time? Every single one of us is a client of Quark games, whether you buy gold or not. The simple fact that you need an E-mail address to verify your account, means that personal information has been passed to quark. (I realize that an E-mail address is not vital info.) that being said, we deserve an explanation. I don't care about compensation, they have always been very good about that. I want an explanation.
Kakao id: Strahd49
Strength and honor

Kalm

Postby Kalm » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:22 am

Most are of the same opinion now. Data restores can take an age in some hw failure scenarios. I just hope they can restore.

Return to “General”