Valor 2.1.3 worst version ever

General topics and discussion on Valor.
gemini0019
Lancer

Postby gemini0019 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:24 pm

I'm not really sure why re-releasing the previous update would take a week. It has already been thru the App Store. Just put it in there again. And then, when the update is fixed and the guy who thought these new ideas would be great is fired, put it back out. Seems simple enough to me.

Samara2k
Lancer

Want the arrows back and stop fluffing around with the appearance. Who CARES

Postby Samara2k » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:32 pm

Ok I'm adding my voice to the dozens of others on here and the many many more of my guildmates, most of whom are experiencing issues with Valor since the new update came out.

So firstly The arrows! Why in heaven's name would you remove them. I'm cursing with only 20 cities on my current world. It would have been a nightmare with the 200 I used to have and i have no idea how the truly larger players are coping.

The support mechanism didn't work for me in game making it impossible to give you feedback about my problems from within.

Not only is my queue extender not working, I can't build anything at all.Really uninspiring me to want to dip back into gold spending which I was just starting to do.

No reports even though i'm under attack and supporting guild mates who are being attacked.

Keeps telling me I need the power of the internet for my ipad and ipod which I freaking well have!

I really am perplexed as to why you keep dicking around with the buttons and look when we just want the functionality fixed. And again removing the city arrows goes down as worst change ever from a myriad of options!

I'm really trying hard here to not give release to my anger.

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:38 pm

gemini0019 wrote:I'm not really sure why re-releasing the previous update would take a week. It has already been thru the App Store. Just put it in there again. And then, when the update is fixed and the guy who thought these new ideas would be great is fired, put it back out. Seems simple enough to me.

Unfortunately with the way the App Store works you aren't able to re release a previous version, each one must go through review. There is some good news though, please see http://forum.playmesh.com/showthread.php?5675-Temporary-removal-of-new-top-side-bar .

VectorXYZ
Lancer

Postby VectorXYZ » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:55 pm

Dont need to add specifics.. many before have done that... just want to add my voice ... The current version of the Game sucks. It had too many errors before and I convinced myself to wait for the next version... what a joke...this is just **** coding... the game concept is great..the app is crap... I want to play the game, but cant at the moment.. I even bought some gold to try and support the developers.. but no more.. I'm a top 100 player in my world.. and about to abandon the game!

Dwarghlok
Lancer

Postby Dwarghlok » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:18 pm

This update ruined my game in world 83. I have a hard time to see what city I'm in. Very hard on the eyes. I play on my I phone and now it's too frustrating to play.
Make the interface easy. I lost my 2 biggest city's today as I could not get on and my mail only works after an hour of clicking. I'm a crown and was in the middle of a merge and couldn't get mail from new members. I will not join another world like this. I'll need glasses for sure.

Dwarghlok
Lancer

Postby Dwarghlok » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:28 pm

If you looking for smart changes. You know how you can look up and see in my case r21 and see the guilds in that area and see how many players they each have. But I want to conquer a barb in another area. There are not stats available. You have to scroll the nap.

Dwarghlok
Lancer

Postby Dwarghlok » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:32 pm

It was supposed to be map. It kicked me out. So frustrating. I can handle loosing city's and battles. But not when it's an updates fault. Not Happy.
Please do something and let me know when you have it fixed cause its broken.

Seris
Lancer

Postby Seris » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:14 pm

My cities started with •

And they showed as
Lol :l

gemini0019
Lancer

Postby gemini0019 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:49 am

Yeah, all my cities start with the region number, all I saw was 23.... Or 12.... I have over 70 cities in some regions. Which one am I actually in?? Thank you for restoring the old top bar! Much apreciated.

Deathclank
Lancer

Postby Deathclank » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:55 am

I am a software guy by trade, and have done well enough out of it that I now do things for fun rather than necessity. I am also a crown in a couple of worlds and top 40 player in one. I have spent plenty of money on this game - more so than on any other ios game.

A couple of points:

* Sort your QA process out - this is a great game concept marred by as bad an execution as I have ever seen - the ONLY reason i have stayed with this game is because i dont want to let my team members down. The icing on the cake was being locked out of my world the other day for 24 hours because it would refuse to connect on my ipad. No there is nothing wrong with my internet connection. To resolve it I had to load the HD version on my iphone and xferr my account. I cant read the bloody screen!

* Stop gouging your players - 5 gold to change a city name - please!

* Stop developing new features and start fixing existing bugs - refer back to the first point

* Focus on streamlining the experience - why are you doing synchronous updates? I cringe every time i move to another city and then suffer the inevitable lag while the games updates yet again - i have grown to hate this. I am on a fast broadband connection and wifi share it - this still sucks. Seriously.

* Stop the crashes every time you flip between apps. I hate that with a passion as well. How hard can this be. Look at the logs in xcode!

* Focus on usability, not features. Its doesn't need new features - it just needs to be made less painful. Why - really why - should i have to flip thru all my cities to build scholarships. It is sucking the life out of the game.

* When are you going to learn that this game is about people working toward a common goal, and then build out tools that support this. The existing collaboration tools are very basic. Thats why we have to flip out of valor and into other apps.

My intuition tells me that the only reason this thread isn't longer is that most people really couldn't be bothered to create an account to talk about it.

Its a great game. Sort your **** out and you will grow it. Keep this up and I am over it.

Cheers,
DC.

Return to “General”