Changes to Chaos on Worlds opened on/after June 6th

General topics and discussion on Valor.
AceDragon
Guardian

Postby AceDragon » Thu May 31, 2012 2:53 am

Playmesh. Why not make a few new worlds like worlds
1-3 so the newer people can actually know what real war is like.
None of the truce or spy garbage.
Just raw war like worlds 1-3.
Oh and let us know when you do that.

Flatulence
Lancer

Postby Flatulence » Thu May 31, 2012 2:53 am

Well this whole topic has given great amusement. It is quite simple without chaos the players who spend money will be the players who will control the game. I can't care either way what your final outcome ends up being chaos goes or stays as since world 10 I have had to deal with it and have found ways around it and succeeded in the game. This game is all about numbers and some intelligence the players in the largest active guild in the largest active world will prevail. Those with lest time and money will become fodder and quit playing. So without chaos play mesh will make more money and less new players will stay in the game. It seems a curse of all fun games you get a few people who are unwilling to figure out a game complain because they have issues then the creators dumb it down so the challenge is gone and it is boring to play. Basically I just figure if you are active willing to put in the time be freindly polite and make friends chaos or no chaos you will do great in the game if you show up once a day to collect your daily quest top up your que then leave well good luck your gonna be lunch for a more active player so smile if you failed with chaos you will fair a lot worse with out it. Now off to crush another player and help my guild grow.

StampX
Lancer

Postby StampX » Thu May 31, 2012 2:59 am

Sorry guys. Moscow, Waterloo, Bastogne, Valley Forge....I can go on about weather, but I won't. Thank you.

Lordcamulox
Lancer

Postby Lordcamulox » Thu May 31, 2012 3:01 am

Changing chaos is equal to die for me personally in the 2 worlds I am in...
There will be a lot of players like me.
If it was the rules from the beginning I should be dead for a long time... And I would'nt have spent money in the game... Now i have the impression that this money was wasted and I want a refund....
Nobody change the rules in a middle of a game... This is non sense...

Lordcamulox
Lancer

Postby Lordcamulox » Thu May 31, 2012 3:08 am

And about realism... In real world you can cancel an attack up to the last second... It could help not super conquering your own city ;)

Ernesto2
Lancer

Postby Ernesto2 » Thu May 31, 2012 3:36 am

The changes are way too big to be activated in worlds people have played for a long time and maybe also used money on playing. It is like suddenly changing all the individual settings for all the worlds randomly.

Some players don't like guilds and would prefer to be able to play fine without being a guild member. Such players will of course like the new rules because they make guilds less important.

For other players guilds and the use of chaos are the reason that they play the game and why they have bought a lot of gold to be able to help their guilds. Such players feel that they now don't even have the option to continue playing the game and wonder why you destroyed their game and didn't want their money anymore?

So please don't do such enormous changes in existing worlds. Make new worlds for the new rules and maybe also new worlds that still have the former rules. Then you can see which rules are most popular and under which rules people buy most gold!

ocpearce
Lancer

Postby ocpearce » Thu May 31, 2012 3:37 am

Wow; I am still trying to understand the significant benefit to players or playmesh by getting rid of chaos. It is a huge part of the game, not an insignificant change to the basic model. These types of changes are not always beneficial or wise: both to the user experience and bottom line. Have you done a cost benefit analysis? I worry that these changes will relegate the game from a broad user friendly basis to a much smaller nitch group and eventually exclude 10x the players as before.

Plus claims of server issues being solved so this is not a problem is not true, if guilds can launch 500 attacks at a city your problems get worse. As a stratgy to free up server space you will actually generate more. Many will quit and you will spend significantly more for less. Gents and ladies, as much as I try, I do not see how this will benefit you or us as players.

Finally to the jackass who wants to be an insomniac playing all the time, maybe you should remember nitch games on mobile dvices make less than 1% of mobile revenue. You discourage the masses from playing you canabalize your bottom line while doing the same to your client base. But then again, like Netflix, I can spend my money elsewhere for the same experience. Give it some thought.

Buzzinga
Lancer

Revenue

Postby Buzzinga » Thu May 31, 2012 3:39 am

Revenue is a part of all games and what allows us to all enjoy this game. It's up to each individual to decide how much they want to spend, if any

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Thu May 31, 2012 4:22 am

Agree on the server issues - they are not fixed. We ran a test yesterday to see what the new limits were and it took me 20 minutes for the game to unfreeze after some of those attacks landed.

PlayMesh claims chaos is unrealistic - so are many concepts in this game, most of them already mentioned here. Keep the game as is for current worlds and make the change for new worlds. These changes favor the kids living in their parents basements who do nothing but play games. Guess what PlayMesh? The folks that have the money to drop $20-60 a week don't have that amount of time - we have jobs! Little Johnny isn't going to spend cash, he will stay up all night to wait for one of his 15 attacks to land so he can send another. Good luck with your new revenue model if you go with your current plan.

Hiarum
Lancer

Postby Hiarum » Thu May 31, 2012 4:33 am

Firstly I agree with KingJason666. There are a lot of advantages and positive ways for chaos to be used. I also think that it would be good to make some worlds with and some without chaos.
My main concern is, are you going to lift the limit on the amount of support a city can hold. In w14 I have 506 cities. With the removal of chaos I could easily end 200 cities at a target and keep the rest to support my own cities if retaliated on. But what about the person I'm attacking. If they have a limit of 25 cities, then by the time I get to 40 cities, his city is empty and my cities are just pillaging. As a few have said earlier, if chaos is removed, then so should the limit on support. That's just my 2c.

Return to “General”