What you like and dislike about Valor

General topics and discussion on Valor.
Anhas
Lancer

Postby Anhas » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:37 pm

Unless you have an interesting rank (say top 10), that can give you a really good leverage to recruit good players, just dismiss the guild and try joining a good guild, close to you. Search guild ranks on your region and apply for the highest ranked ones.

Destroyer75
Knight

Postby Destroyer75 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:57 pm

Thanks but I'll just try to think of something myself

[C]antTouchMe
Lancer

Postby [C]antTouchMe » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:49 pm

I agree with what kingdaniel said. Especially about keeping players active and an end game phase

Conan94
Knight

Postby Conan94 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:19 am

End games don't interest me much but objectives, teamwork, alliance chat, and coordination do! Once you have ten cities or so there are hardly any objectives! I usually quit a world after helping multiple conquer the top guilds cuz nice you do that the other guilds are pretty scared of you.

And yes we need way more guides!!!! I am top in region by 60k on my latest world (nearly 3 weeks old plus I started a week late)new people don't know how to play and the help guides just scratch what they need to know... Plus my most enthusiastic member quit after getting his second city because there didn't seem to be a point to the game in his opinion.

Jaraxle
Lancer

Postby Jaraxle » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:54 pm

Don't like that you changed Aurora

Wrecking
Knight

Postby Wrecking » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:06 pm

Pretty much like everything but game needs a chat bar.

Peanutmonkey
Lancer

Bugs

Postby Peanutmonkey » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:07 pm

Im pretty obsessed with the game and enjoy building an empire so ill stick with the things that irk me.

Dont like the bugs. Theres a lot of them. Pretty serious ones. Fix em.
The game is generally sluggish and it takes too many clicks to get things done.
The way information is presented to the player should be improved. I should be able to color code cities around me and enter notes for myself. If a particular barb city is lucrative I can mark it so i remember where it is for example. Or if there is an ally or city I want to conquer I can mark that too for future action.

Map is sluggish to scroll and no compass making it diffcult to get a sense of direction. Should be a minimap of some sort or at least an overall server map that shows all the cities as dots. We should be able to do things like select a guild or player and have those cities highlighted in this map. Its a pain to get a sense of where your guildmates are locate and where enemy guilds are concentrated.

Something to help reduce the tedium as you get 10+ cities. It becomes unwieldy to farm and do all the things you need to do to keep your empire running. There should be a building or feature that allows us to designate a role for a city and have the city generally try to run itself. Or simple patrol scripts that set up automatic attacks every 4 hours or something.

Additional endgame tech beyond scholars. For example there could be some building that enables roads between all cities that have this building decreasing travel times between your cities. Or an ability to move scholars or other units to another city permanently for a price. Especially scholars.

I understand you want to keep players active and part of this tedium is by design, but something has to be done to keep players in the game. Giving auroras blessing for free then taking it away in 7 days doesnt help. I see many players active at first then drop off after a week or so, this might be one reason why. Make the interface cleaner and easier to get information you need to play effectively. There seems to be a skill gap in my world. Im just dominating people after a few weeks and its probably the games fault. People dont understand how to play effectively and no auroras blessing doesnt help. It should just be part of the game.

The game needs CHAT. Seriously.

Destroyer75
Knight

Postby Destroyer75 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:45 am

Just advice to valor on the map instead of just putting in corridents you should beablr to just type in their name

macbain32
Lancer

Postby macbain32 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:44 pm

I completly agree that a chat feature needs to be added and that the map needs to be reworked. Being able to zoom in and out would be great.

Also, I'd like to see a reason to max out a city. Currently there is no good reason other than the icon. I'd like to be able to do something that "links" a maxed city to another and the other city gets a building speed boost or something. Make maxing a city strategic instead of actually hurting you for the sake of the icon.

Duke24
Guardian

Postby Duke24 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:47 pm

Peanutmonkey wrote:Something to help reduce the tedium as you get 10+ cities. It becomes unwieldy to farm and do all the things you need to do to keep your empire running. There should be a building or feature that allows us to designate a role for a city and have the city generally try to run itself. Or simple patrol scripts that set up automatic attacks every 4 hours or something.

Honestly I don't see the help in this. Once you start getting the high amount of cities you really should get Aurora's blessing. I have 111 cities in World 4 right now. I'm 94th or something. I am only on Valor for 1 hour a day (probably less). I just go to the cities I need to go to to get the things done. I conquer at least one city a day and am less than 250K from 5 million.

Return to “General”