Guild Chat is Coming!

General topics and discussion on Valor.
WildDog
Lancer

Activity visibility

Postby WildDog » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:35 pm

How will we be able to hide our activity or online/offline status to protect against possible spy activity?

Osirisreborn
Lancer

Postby Osirisreborn » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:03 pm

Lord death has a really good point and wilddog hits it on the head, your response is beyond ironic (best intentions more harm than good)
I would rather not have my sleep times advertised either! If its someones months work and going in regardless howabout a simple solution? allow the activity indicator to be disabled, so people in those perfect guilds (lol) can use the feature

Budyzer
Lancer

Postby Budyzer » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:00 pm

Need to add the last day a player was active or the last time. If not to the chat function atleast to the guild forum.

Lagna
Knight

Postby Lagna » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:30 pm

Shouldn't be any type of activity monitoring besides the old fashion way of roll call. Unless they make it so only crowns can see the status of players activity. Otherwise it's a spies dream.

Jmeyers1983
Lancer

Bigger problem

Postby Jmeyers1983 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:51 pm

I still think the biggest problem is friendly fire between allies. I hate how you can conquer a city and yet you'll get hit by members if your own guild, (or yourself), with an attack that you can't recall.

Mitrandir
Lancer

Postby Mitrandir » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:58 pm

Lagna is right. Crowns must have this Power. I believe this is a must Have feature. It would be of great benefit to know how active your Guild members are....anyone can come on for one minute out of the day and say in forums that they are here and active.

Also, to deal with spies we really need something like a Player History profile that you can look at to see what Guilds a person was affiliated with in previous worlds. Maybe something along that line? Spies are shady. Those of you using spies really need to use some real tactic instead of the underhanded way.

DeathViruzX
Guardian

Postby DeathViruzX » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:41 am

Yay guild chat! Do hurry up PlayMesh this feature will be very helpful!

predator687
Lancer

Postby predator687 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:34 am

What I would suggest is not an activity thing. But is shows when someone is online like the colour green next to the name. If they havent been on for a day or two show it by yellow. And then if they haven't been on for more than a week show it as the colour red for example

Falinyor
Lancer

Postby Falinyor » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:43 pm

Spies are part of war. In fact they are your biggest asset in war. It does suck to find out you have one but also very helpful to have them out there. And since spies are a big part of this game I agree with these guys and the activity notifier should not be added. Not even to the crowns.

bns001
Lancer

Postby bns001 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:17 pm

Suggestion
You really might want to include the capability to send a graphic as the message.
There are many times in IM chats in kakao that a screen grab is sent. Sometimes a picture is truly worth 10 million characters... and much easier to understand quickly. :)

Return to “General”