Mad at Spenders, get over it.

General topics and discussion on Valor.
KingEvo
Guardian

Postby KingEvo » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:22 pm

I was ranked number 2 is highest I got in a 1k world with absolutely no gold no extender and no boosters. Took me like 15-17 farms but I got it done. Plus there is a new 1k world every couple of days there aren't huge gold spenders in these worlds. Stop complaining in the end it aint goin to change anything and I'm still going to be using my gold

Nikhil21
Knight

Postby Nikhil21 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:05 pm

I don't think you stayed at that rank for long.

And you can use your gold, feel free. But don't make claims that your better than me without gold.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:00 pm

Nikhil21 wrote:I don't think you stayed at that rank for long.

And you can use your gold, feel free. But don't make claims that your better than me without gold.

I've been playing war games for 35 years, as well as being in the military for 23+ years. In that time, I've only rarely seen someone admit they deserved to lose. There was almost always something in the equation that the opponent latched on to in order to justify their loss. I won't make claims I'm better than you without gold. However, realize gold spenders don't always use it to compensate for crappy tactical ability. They may just like that added advantage or may not have the time to sit on the game 24/7.
W95 Praetorian Guard Guild Leader
Kakao: LordFirefall or Firefall

MechaStorm

Postby MechaStorm » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:51 pm

you know what.. im starting to see way too much hate going on now... just leave the gold spenders alone. i may not personally like all of them but i also do know some who are very nice. its not as fun to play with hue spenders but face it... without them theres no valor and the updates for it. Gold spenders have been part of almost every world in valor, be it only 1 or a lot of them. its not going to change just because people are ragging on them now. let them be gold spenders its not your money theyre using..

Crusader6
Knight

Postby Crusader6 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:38 am

Hey I use Gold, I resource boost - so I can send more of my troops into the jaws of death.

I'd prefer a pay to enter no gold world for interest.

Truce is a personal pet peeve -- but heck I am using it now, I can launch devastating attacks - take a few cities and lock myself up for a 24hr rebuild.

Money makes the world go around like it or not.

Nikhil21
Knight

Postby Nikhil21 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:54 am

Well then you misunderstand me. I'm not hating on people spending gold, I don't like the advantages gold can provide. If someone has money to spend on something they like, why won't they. I have many good friends that are gold spenders in this game. All I'm saying is the game provides a advantage to people who spend gold, I hate the endless things gold can do. But since it can be used, people will use it, why should I hate them for that. I hate the way the store is designed.

And as I told you before firefall, the only thing a person playing valor 24/7 can match up to gold use is the queue extender. Nothing else in the store can be equalled by someone who plays 24/7. I am just saying there is too much gold can do in the game, if someone has money they will spend it on the game. And I don't hate them for that.

I am in no position to spend money on this game over extender periods of time, but if there was an entry fee for a no gold world I would love to join.

MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:37 am

To me to give some apologies, maybe my Frenglish made you understand that I'm in a "against-gold spender crusade", I wanna just say to each of you, DirtySouth, KingEvo that I'm/will be playing with,..., that it's wrong...

I did already spent gold, not a lot, and to take an advantage: prestige while sending 4 scholars to a 12h trip against a guy that bought truce while giving me names due to my offense,... Resources boosters to recruit more troops during second week of a world opening, ... Let the one that never spent throw me the rock!!! Lol

I'm not against any gold spender, I already defended them, I'm only saying that with the new TBS wolrds, this has to be examined in order that winning a world can't be bought, because it's not the way a game must be...

I gave this example not saying "Uhoh the bad guy" but to show something that can be easily seen. And this huge enormous example is the beginning of something that can lead to a uniniteresting game where only great spender could play, what will not appear as these people like to play against skilled guys too, and that the only that will stay will be people that can often spend large amount of money to play virtual game (so don't knowing real money value, what I call the son-of-his-daddy oppositely to the large amount of proletarian I do represent that have to work hardly to earn money and so prefear using it to pay holidays than looking at our screen)...

I just hope you saw some "humour" in my sentences, not hate ;-P

My warning is given to Quark in order them to see that keeping the game interesting is primordial, them to learn about the errors they already made in w100 for example. My warning IS NOT given to gold spender...

I hope I've clarified my opinion now...

Maybe just PWN or Orlor opinion about this could contribute to the debate???

ShelbyGT
Knight

Postby ShelbyGT » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:59 am

you guys have nice perspective over gold spending.......i myself am not against those who spend money...i know that they are the reason why the game is running....but .. i also have a diferent view....i would like AT LEAST one world without gold spending......i think at least once a week or when one world fills out..maybe there could be a non-gold spending world....but to make it clear im not against gold spenders...in fact you learn a lot about them..and .....some which are skilled players..........gotta give it to ya "KingEvo"........

KingEvo
Guardian

Postby KingEvo » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:11 pm

Thanks Shelby. But I would be down for a once a week or even every two week where there is a non gold world opens and they give you just the que extender and bump the world speed to 4-5 and let them duke it out. That would be fun I'm sure

Nikhil21
Knight

Postby Nikhil21 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:35 pm

KingEvo wrote:Thanks Shelby. But I would be down for a once a week or even every two week where there is a non gold world opens and they give you just the que extender and bump the world speed to 4-5 and let them duke it out. That would be fun I'm sure

Yeah that's something I'm looking for, maybe I'm not that good of a player, maybe you would take me out even without any gold. But I sure would like to find out. I understand quark won't profit much from a non gold world but how about giving proper rewards to people who win normal worlds. Give them gold instead of just a medal, and let the no gold worlds have a decent entry fee. That way I can win normal worlds without gold and join, or people can pay to join.

Return to “General”