Valor down

General topics and discussion on Valor.
Carl1976
Lancer

Postby Carl1976 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:13 pm

I don't think resource or truce should be an issue, were all in the same boat! The only ones who are affected are gold spenders and quark, lets just hope for a speedy recovery and some compensation for lost que and boosters.

Bbloksma
Knight

Postby Bbloksma » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:36 am

Orlor allready stated they would extend "queue extender", "resource boost", etc. That is time limited.

I work in ICT too and know how the best plans for keeping a bunch of servers up and running can sometimes go haywire. I have seen redundant databases go down because a fault propagated to the fallback server(s). It took them over a day to restore everything to a working situation and another day to get the failover back up too.
Sometimes these thing take time due to the volume of the data. :-(

Bill68
Lancer

Postby Bill68 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:04 am

Excuses excuses, just sort it out ppl, I don't care what the issue is just fix it, the last time it went down you think you ppl would have addressed it.

ShelbyGT
Knight

Postby ShelbyGT » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:54 am

I trink that all this crying for the server shortage is just unfair as part of a VALORIAN... I mean they're trying to make the game better... ( now lets hope that it turns out better ) and lets just be patient .... The game will come back

MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:15 am

ShelbyGT wrote:I trink that all this crying for the server shortage is just unfair as part of a VALORIAN... I mean they're trying to make the game better... ( now lets hope that it turns out better ) and lets just be patient .... The game will come back

If the servers are down due to a technical procedure, planned, I think the minimum would have been to alert VALORIANS...
Following the link Orlor gave us, I'm not thinking they're trying to make the game better but to make the game work again!

And the truce is a good idea for planned server shutdown, as in EmpireCraft, we used each server maintenance to launch at our ennemies in order them not being able to defend ;-P

Momcy
Lancer

Postby Momcy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:21 am

This really is big fall for valor plenty of users will be crossed and might loose hell lot cities and will definitely not come back on valor they must pay a heavy price for this...

ShadowSiN
Lancer

Postby ShadowSiN » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:51 am

What exactly has happened? Im just a kid u know and i cant understand WHY EXACTLY VALOR IS DOWN.. Thanks for any explanation and sorry for my crappy english.. Hope they fix it soon..

DirtySouthATL
Guardian

Postby DirtySouthATL » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:10 am

Bbloksma wrote:Orlor allready stated they would extend "queue extender", "resource boost", etc. That is time limited.

I work in ICT too and know how the best plans for keeping a bunch of servers up and running can sometimes go haywire. I have seen redundant databases go down because a fault propagated to the fallback server(s). It took them over a day to restore everything to a working situation and another day to get the failover back up too.
Sometimes these thing take time due to the volume of the data. :-(

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A fellow nerd!
Valor is the eHarmony of the nerd world

mclueppers2
Knight

Postby mclueppers2 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:28 am

I can't really imagine a situation that will require nearly a day to recover from. I'm in the online gambling and believe me without a disaster recovery plan inside the primary data center (or the cloud, for example Amazon EC2, Rackspace etc.) and off-site then better do not start doing business at all. Looking at the open positions atm. Quark needs a Linux/UNIX administrator with knowledge in Redis/MySQL. This combination of technologies is kind of risky if the power goes suddenly down: Redis is in-RAM key-value storage with offloading to MySQL database. So now what I wonder is if Quark admins managed to recover any lost information or we'll just start from a very recent backup point.

Anyway this downtime ruined my trust in Valor and I'm considering to charge back all payments I recently made to them if no adequate compenstation is offered. Bottomline: One can live without Valor, but Valor can't live without one's money.

Crusader6
Knight

Postby Crusader6 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:49 am

Screw truce.

Its a game folks, frankly if they can they should simply restart the game from dark time. No additional Resources, no nothing, just as if it never happened.

Return to “General”