Estimated time ???

General topics and discussion on Valor.
Strahd11
Knight

Postby Strahd11 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:22 am

Apologies, they have given an explanation.
Kakao id: Strahd49
Strength and honor

DirtySouthATL
Guardian

Postby DirtySouthATL » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:28 pm

I'd like to know their ETA as well. I mean did they really deploy their team to North Carolina or are they waiting for someone at AWS to fix it?

If they are waiting for someone at AWS to fix it we are all screwed.
Valor is the eHarmony of the nerd world

Strahd11
Knight

Postby Strahd11 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:26 pm

I've heard it'll be four more days, that makes a week total. It doesn't matter how loyal your players are. You have an unavailable product, people will replace that product with something else. This is only exacerbated by your lack of communication. The last time this happened, I personally know of nine players who just never came back, that wasn't your fault and you did communicate with us. This time there is no communication, and the rumor mill is flowing. I personally will come back no matter the time, but come on quark. If you don't have an eta inside your offices already....
Kakao id: Strahd49

Strength and honor

Kingaddis
Knight

Postby Kingaddis » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:02 am

Plaperriere wrote:Hey Lion...I appreciate your defense of the team at Quark. I do. I think everyone here is passionate about this game otherwise they wouldnt be on here chirping about status updates, etc. But, there is no proof to Quark taking the money that a good chunk of us give weekly, monthly...etc...towards a back-up. In the Corporate world...you can say all that you want ("We will make the necessary adjustments and upgrades so this doesnt happen again"). But, saying and doing are two totally different things. There was never any admission that after the Amazon debacle happened, that we were told of the steps they took to fix the problem from happening again. Once it is behind you (in the corporate world), you move on and "hope" that it doesnt happen again, and spend the money on other things. It takes $$$ to prevent things like this to happen, and I dont think Quark is as dedicated to preventing these problems as much as they say they do. We have servers go down, and within 24 hours...they are back up. Why? Because there is a contingency plan. Quark is not the Federal government...so your reference to data is not that compelling to me. Do they have a lot of data, sure. But, I would guess no more than what I have in our company (which consists of 7 facilities in the United States). There was no back-up at all. No way. It went down and stayed down. If backup kicked in, we would have had intermittent connection during the outage. We, the consumer (and the reason they can continue to make upgrades to the game), deserve more than 200 gold and queue extenders. We deserve to have an answer to what fixes they are putting in place to prevent this from happening. The money spenders are the reason the game continues to improve. Personally, I dont care about "graphics" in the game that shows no real time battles. The game is still slow, and takes forever to load from city to city. When you have 409 cities and counting, it takes 2 1/2 hours to scroll thru everything (more if you are trying to build, check troop counts, and buy scholarships). I have yet to see any improvement to that dilemma. They took away the city manager (which used to help)...and, even worse, you have no clue where attacks are coming from when you are attacked. Another 2 hours to find an attack that landed an hour earlier because they launched from close by. So, the least they can do is make sure that down time is kept to a minimum and spend the money that people are putting into this game towards concrete things that actually work and will keep us all playing!

What he said ⬆
Il put my guild below so I look like a pro

Valor Addicts Anonoymus

Poisonousdeath
Knight

Postby Poisonousdeath » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:43 am

Kingaddis wrote:What he said ⬆
Il put my guild below so I look like a pro

Valor Addicts Anonoymus

Hahaha good work

Kalm

Postby Kalm » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:05 am

Hi Orlor and Quark folks, I think it might be time to update the outage thread, a few folk are claiming they got in briefly

Greenthorne
Knight

Postby Greenthorne » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:06 pm

Valor's been up for several days now. Go here to see the updates.
Useful Links:
Have a question? Submit a ticket here!
Valor on Facebook
Valor on Twitter
Official Valor Website

Return to “General”