Changes to Chaos on Worlds opened on/after June 6th

General topics and discussion on Valor.
Ikier

Postby Ikier » Thu May 31, 2012 10:21 pm

Poco wrote:Ikier, friend, No resnable player can chaos all his city's every day, in time of war i chaos only the ones that get attacked, and that's 1 to 3 city's at most, even if more then that get attacked.

Poco - fair enough. Maybe it wasn't you overusing chaos. But there are several players who are doing this until they feel safe - which you never are in Valor 😉 The point was towards that chaos overuse - and I read your post as if you did so

Poco
Lancer

Postby Poco » Thu May 31, 2012 11:08 pm

Thanks Ikier for your understanding to the point behind my post, and nice talking to you :) .

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Thu May 31, 2012 11:15 pm

Poco wrote:Thanks Ikier for your understanding to the point behind my post, and nice talking to you :) .

Pretty much the most civil debate I've ever seen on a video game forum ever. Thanks for restoring my faith in humanity. :D

Pepsr1
Lancer

Postby Pepsr1 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:54 pm

How do you submit a support ticket?

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Thu May 31, 2012 11:55 pm

Please see my signature for the two ways to send a support ticket.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:58 am

Ikier wrote:Poco - fair enough. Maybe it wasn't you overusing chaos. But there are several players who are doing this until they feel safe - which you never are in Valor �� The point was towards that chaos overuse - and I read your post as if you did so

Not sure how other guilds use it, but if our players are abusing it (chaosing just to feel safe on a daily basis), one of our leaders steps in and stops it. It is a resource intensive tactic and we don't spend resources to protect players unless they have a true need.

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:27 pm

LordFirefall wrote:Not sure how other guilds use it, but if our players are abusing it (chaosing just to feel safe on a daily basis), one of our leaders steps in and stops it. It is a resource intensive tactic and we don't spend resources to protect players unless they have a true need.

We probably would have been less unhappy about chaos if people used it in moderation, but the data shows a significant portion of people using it in ways that may only be described as shenanigans. Hence our view that it is an exploit rather than a feature of the game.

However, we think it's pretty fair to complain about such a shift midstream since it's very difficult to radically change momentum in Valor (such as how you built your buildings or armies).

worldbuilderlov
Lancer

Postby worldbuilderlov » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:29 pm

StampX wrote:@worldbuilderlov, hmm well with 40 attacks I can spread out loses for one. Making for 48 hour regen roughly. In my world. I can hide scholars more easily. I can send clearing waves for ram/ballista attacks. Or send full attacks with scholars in each wave. The option are numerous. 40 cities isn't the total might of my empire. And since I am well aware of the numbers and mechanics I disagree with your disagreement.

Terrian/weather isn't scenic if that what you are referring too. Its a crucial element in any battle. Look through history and the effects of weather once. It changes whole wars. Ask the Germans. Moscow,battle of the bulge etc,etc.. Taking the high ground? Siege weapon stuck in mud. No matter this is just to debate the "realism" arguements I've read. Only a fool would debate against weather and terrian and importance of it in warfare. History is already written. Thank you for your time.

@StampX, First, there is no need to not take a patronizing tone, only a true fool takes such tone during a friendly discussion. I am referring to realism from a tactical maneuvering perspective only, your point of terrain, weather, and whether the troops had a full meal are all part of it of course but let not take things too literally just to depend you stance. I am not trying to replicate warfare to that extend nor is it practical for a game. I am strictly talking about tactical movements without variables that might affect those movements. You seem like a smart enough guy... If we were ABLE to make troop movements then you could spread the loses as you are describing... For example: I would move zerks from N cities to the battle front and locate them at city X. Then from city X I would designate 20% (or whatever) of them to attack a city, etc... Do I not get the same effect that you are describing? With the added advantage of re-positioning USABLE troops where most needed? I would not need to make 40 attacks. If that is your argument for 40 attacks why not ask for 80? or 160? you would be able to regen in 12hrs. The point here is to make you think, think tactically. How do I beat my opponent without using brute force. If the element of troop movements was added to the game you can improve this.

Someone mentioned that if such an ability existing no one would attack a city with 100K guardians, etc... Yes that might be true but the beauty is that you can outflank their positions and attack cities they have left vulnerable.

larlis
Guardian

Postby larlis » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:43 pm

PwnLaw wrote:We probably would have been less unhappy about chaos if people used it in moderation, but the data shows a significant portion of people using it in ways that may only be described as shenanigans. Hence our view that it is an exploit rather than a feature of the game.

However, we think it's pretty fair to complain about such a shift midstream since it's very difficult to radically change momentum in Valor (such as how you built your buildings or armies).

Now Im really confused...
You say you want to enhance the gaming experience (or Im assuming that's the reason for all updates and changes in the game, I haven't really red it anywhere but its a fair assumption isn't it) and that you don't see chaosing as a feature in the game. And if not seen as such it should have no value and every argument for its existence are invalid.
Then why did you cave in for all outbursts and cries? Why didn't you just say: hey, sorry, this is how it is now, deal!
Just like we oldies have been forced to deal with every changes throughout the game... Such changes like not being able to send support to whom ever we wanted with unlimited troop commanders and unlimited support numbers, not being able to attack our selfs, not being able to attack our guild mates... Those features were also used as tactics but it didn't matter at the time ppl were crying in the old world forums abt those changes...
Now knowing playmesh thoughts on it makes even bigger nonsense to go back on taking the chose thing away in all worlds. Its like you're saying to the ones entering the worlds after 6th june: enjoy the game, we made it the best we could think of! But to those those stuck w the chaos: Sorry, you get the lesser version.
Strange acting on pm's part in my opinion.

And PwnLaw, if I do get the urge to try out the new world, I'll be sure to take you up on your offer ;)

Arathorneulas
Lancer

Postby Arathorneulas » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:51 pm

Oncecrazy wrote:Even with these changes you can still chaos it just takes 125 attacks. So all you cowards that use this stupid tactic stop complaining. Also W2 started chaos then it was taken away and 25 commanders was installed. You players just need to fight fair and stop crying 😭😭😭

Do you think by speaking like that, you are expressing your valor?

Return to “General”