Changes to Chaos on Worlds opened on/after June 6th

General topics and discussion on Valor.
PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:58 pm

larlis wrote:Now Im really confused...
You say you want to enhance the gaming experience (or Im assuming that's the reason for all updates and changes in the game, I haven't really red it anywhere but its a fair assumption isn't it) and that you don't see chaosing as a feature in the game. And if not seen as such it should have no value and every argument for its existence are invalid.
Then why did you cave in for all outbursts and cries? Why didn't you just say: hey, sorry, this is how it is now, deal!
Just like we oldies have been forced to deal with every changes throughout the game... Such changes like not being able to send support to whom ever we wanted with unlimited troop commanders and unlimited support numbers, not being able to attack our selfs, not being able to attack our guild mates... Those features were also used as tactics but it didn't matter at the time ppl were crying in the old world forums abt those changes...
Now knowing playmesh thoughts on it makes even bigger nonsense to go back on taking the chose thing away in all worlds. Its like you're saying to the ones entering the worlds after 6th june: enjoy the game, we made it the best we could think of! But to those those stuck w the chaos: Sorry, you get the lesser version.
Strange acting on pm's part in my opinion.

And PwnLaw, if I do get the urge to try out the new world, I'll be sure to take you up on your offer ;)

A lot of people within PlayMesh feel exactly how you do on that particular point. We had a number of conversations about it. Ultimately we came to the conclusion that the exploit has evolved into something that a significant chunk of the player base has become reliant on in their particular worlds. We could go aggro and just kick it to the curb, but we think the best compromise is to permit current worlds to continue under their existing "rules" and optimizing the worlds moving forward. It's a solution that won't make everyone happy, but it's certainly going to move the game forward.

Your point is entirely valid, and I think reasonable minds can disagree about the "best" policy. Hopefully you enjoy the game enough to make the hop over to the new worlds and experience the new Valor, but I can understand that you may already feel too invested in your current worlds.

I generally join worlds pretty regularly and play with different objectives so I can get a feel for the game from different perspectives (in a guild, not in a guild, monetizing, not monetizing). So it's pretty easy to get me to come to a new world and play. :D

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:58 pm

Arathorneulas wrote:Do you think by speaking like that, you are expressing your valor?

Tee hee, I see what you did there. :D

Arathorneulas
Lancer

Postby Arathorneulas » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:10 pm

Oh my God. This brought tears in ny eyes!

Arathorneulas
Lancer

Postby Arathorneulas » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:16 pm

Valor, great courage in the face of insurmountable danger. To me, this word best describes small fries like me. Right now, those bullies are the insurmountable danger, we the small fries are the ones who must show valor. But most of the time, valor actually leads to death. You see where I am getting here?

larlis
Guardian

Postby larlis » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:21 pm

Too bad you guys gave in because of ppls cries for "safety" and misusing the chaos. This is a war game after all, you are meant to lose your city if you're not doing it properly. The game would have been better, you know it, I know it and so does a great portion of players.
No need for me to keep arguing and go about this anymore. I got crazy exited when learning this change was abt to be implied. Crazy disappointed you caved in for whatever reason. I'll manage in a world of chaos just as well, it isn't as fun but there you go.
And now I think Im done whining ;)

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:10 pm

larlis wrote:Too bad you guys gave in because of ppls cries for "safety" and misusing the chaos. This is a war game after all, you are meant to lose your city if you're not doing it properly. The game would have been better, you know it, I know it and so does a great portion of players.
No need for me to keep arguing and go about this anymore. I got crazy exited when learning this change was abt to be implied. Crazy disappointed you caved in for whatever reason. I'll manage in a world of chaos just as well, it isn't as fun but there you go.
And now I think Im done whining ;)

larlis, y u no join me in new world? :(

Infusion
Knight

Postby Infusion » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:59 pm

PwnLaw wrote:larlis, y u no join me in new world? :(

Cause he doesnt wanna be in a guild with players who suck at the game.

Gauntlet is down. Bring it. I have yet to lose! I am the insomniac which you speak of.
Be happy to join against you in the new world..

Here's to foreseeable epic battles returning.

Arathorneulas
Lancer

Postby Arathorneulas » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:30 pm

PwnLaw wrote:Tee hee, I see what you did there. :D

Just trying to make a point tha valor only applies to the underdogs! :P

StampX
Lancer

Postby StampX » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:25 am

@worldbuilderlov I'm not quoting you, becuase I don't care. I was asking for what I lost. If you want someone to debate find a new person. I'm done. If you were in my world I'd fill the 40 slots on one of your cities. And I'd watch you chaos it as they landed. Thank you.

StampX
Lancer

Postby StampX » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:45 am

Hold up lets ask since this is a dead thread right? Debates over. How many people only want 15 attacks per person per city? Then once someone answers if they do. Debate them about it. I was just checking a link for a friend or I woulda never even came back to this dead issue thread. Everyone play different man. Worry about yourself. That's what I was doing expressing what I lost and would like back. Not attacking people in a game forum. Anyway thanks again and best of luck to you and yours.

Return to “General”