Changes to Chaos on Worlds opened on/after June 6th

General topics and discussion on Valor.
DarkFury
Lancer

Postby DarkFury » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Chaos never bothered me. What bothers me is people who pay shedloads of money to beat people like me who want to play a free game. That gives rich kids an advantage over others, bit like life I spose.

Jennifer19
Lancer

Postby Jennifer19 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:13 pm

Okay so my understanding is that the new chaos rules come into effect in new worlds only. I am in world 63 at the moment and yet I'm having to deal with only sending 15 commanders at one city. This is absolutely ridiculous. If you plan to do something, please stick to what you say and don't change things on us all of us sudden without any warning. I have guild mates who are going to lose cities because of this. Some people do rely on chaos and plan to use it as a tool in older worlds. You guys already said older worlds would not be effected, yet they are being effected. FIX THIS!

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:16 am

Jennifer19 wrote:Okay so my understanding is that the new chaos rules come into effect in new worlds only. I am in world 63 at the moment and yet I'm having to deal with only sending 15 commanders at one city. This is absolutely ridiculous. If you plan to do something, please stick to what you say and don't change things on us all of us sudden without any warning. I have guild mates who are going to lose cities because of this. Some people do rely on chaos and plan to use it as a tool in older worlds. You guys already said older worlds would not be effected, yet they are being effected. FIX THIS!

Hey Jennifer -- It should absolutely NOT be in effect. Please send a support ticket because this has been entirely rolled back. We are not receiving any notifications from anyone else about this issue but we want to get to the bottom of it.

As a side note, we've posted the new chaos limits, and 15 attacks is not the limit being used moving forward.

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:19 am

Rats wrote:Then everybody has hold as those that don't buy gold quit cause they can't keep up and they give valor a bad rep so no new people will join and if some do they quit right off the bat cause they still have a 5 k city while someone else has a 30k city( I've seen this happen before) and some hold buyers get bored and some have rl issues and then eventually valor loses all its gold buyers and has to shut down gold is an "I win button" basically... But I understand valor has to get paid somehow...

I have suggested other ideas too like make more things that make the game easier and don't ruin the strategy

Auras blessing is grea and same with que extender but stuff like reveal incoming attacks and insta spy and prestige is a joke you same with speed ups

U should make more of the auras blessing Ideas

U could also make like a seperate page where you let companies advertise and then for watching that video u would get like 2-3 gold or something

I have seen this before in a game similar and it worked extremely well

Hey Rats -- I can understand the perspective, and I'm sure it's been frustrating at times, but I want to quickly mention that a very significant % of our top players have never monetized. They're just dedicated to conquering and playing strategically.

DeathViruzX
Guardian

Postby DeathViruzX » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:58 am

Playmesh, when are youvguys gonna readd ally supporting.

Darsherson
Lancer

Postby Darsherson » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:18 am

So is there somewhere i can complain about users continuing to abuse the chaos rules?

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:58 am

Darsherson wrote:So is there somewhere i can complain about users continuing to abuse the chaos rules?

If it is World 75+, yes. Prior to that will use the old system.

Pinsonmp
Lancer

Postby Pinsonmp » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:00 pm

Getting rid of chaos was just another way to kick the poor man down. You still allow the purchase of truce but wont allow chaos, giving someone with gold the capability of this exploit and not the poor man, why not get rid of truce also or have a penalty in game for someone in chaos like no resources generated for either player involved in the chaos. Till the chaos is over.

TheHeartlessKiller
Guardian

Postby TheHeartlessKiller » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:13 pm

He has a point. I was POed beyond belief when I heard that Chaos was being removed, but never said a word. It doesn't seem fair that this, as a tactic that many people who didn't have the money to spend on gold, would be outlawed. It isn't because you want to make it a game where players are vulnerable at all times, it's a marketing strategy. If you truly wanted to make it where the player is vulnerable at all times, remove truces as said above. I think that I speak for all non gold users when I say that it isn't fair to give people who have the extra money for the game to become completely invulnerable for a time.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:47 pm

Let me start out by saying I was one of the people advocating the hardest to keep chaos around (feel free to search the forum). However, I'm glad it is gone. People abused it (and probably still do where it is still allowed). I've seen cities in chaos for months straight. Players relied on it and took cities they couldn't hope to defend without it. Now, more players take that into account before they decide what city to take. That's a good thing.

Before anyone goes calling for truce to be taken away, you might want to think about it. Do you want the game to improve? Do you want it to remain a free app? You won't get that if truce is removed. I'd bet it is Quark's biggest money earner. I know many who don't use it, so its not like you can't play without it.
W95 Praetorian Guard Guild Leader
Kakao: LordFirefall or Firefall

Return to “General”