General topics and discussion on Valor.
TheHeartlessKiller
Guardian

Postby TheHeartlessKiller » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:26 pm

It's your fault.

Krumbz613
Guardian

Postby Krumbz613 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:06 pm

Biwin wrote:Would you please define the word "logic" for the audience.

Edit: Cheers Krumbz, <-- Mike614

Mike, get back in the game and zero someone haha
Cheers again

Diserna
Lancer
Location: New York City (Manhattan) Lower Eastside is where i grew up, and still reside.

fustrating

Postby Diserna » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:25 pm

I ALSO lost my city very quickly after 3 weeks oWork. I had almost aquired a Scholar .I was waiting tilll I could take over a city. Tropical storm Sandy hit New York City, and I had to live through 5 days of a black out. No lights no cell phone, and no Valor to play. During the 5 days My city was attacked and taken. I had no clue. Ok....alls fare in love and war. I just think that players that have thousands of troops, scholaers,and are members of humongous guilds should attack players of the same level. The little guys have no chance to get anywhere with these big conglomerate guilds attacking before they have a chance to develope some strength. I was in a guild. However if a guild ally talkes 2 hours to get to me how is that going to help me? I know that resources may be sent, but troops have to travel to my location so fight and defend my city. The player that was wiped out without warning has good points in his post. I have read many of pwnlaws posts and get the picture of how Valor works. It just really sucked that I was attacked and couldnt have known about it cause of the black out. at least I was not ont of the many that had their homes flooded and washed away. I suggest that a longer grace period be given to new city builders. At least until they get a scholar and are able to conquer at least 1 city. It's so frustrating. Why are there so many cities where there is no activity? I was good at attacking these cities.

Kruldar
Lancer

Postby Kruldar » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:40 pm

Diserna wrote:I ALSO lost my city very quickly after 3 weeks oWork. I had almost aquired a Scholar .I was waiting tilll I could take over a city. I just think that players that have thousands of troops, scholaers,and are members of humongous guilds should attack players of the same level. The little guys have no chance to get anywhere with these big conglomerate guilds attacking before they have a chance to develope some strength. I was in a guild. However if a guild ally talkes 2 hours to get to me how is that going to help me? I know that resources may be sent, but troops have to travel to my location so fight and defend my city. The player that was wiped out without warning has good points in his post. I have read many of pwnlaws posts and get the picture of how Valor works. It just really sucked that I was attacked and couldnt have known about it cause of the black out. at least I was not ont of the many that had their homes flooded and washed away. I suggest that a longer grace period be given to new city builders. At least until they get a scholar and are able to conquer at least 1 city. It's so frustrating. Why are there so many cities where there is no activity? I was good at attacking these cities.

I know you may be new to the game, but it shouldn't take you 3 weeks to build your scholar. Also, when you join a guild, you don't join the best guild in the world. You try and join what guild is best for you. I have seen plenty of players taken out because they joined one of the top guilds in the world even though they were 2 entire regions or several hours away for receiving support. If a guild isn't helping or communicating, leave the guild. Guilds are supposed to help, to communicate and support their members. A guild that doesn't do that is not worth being in. Having a grace period for every person until they get a second city wouldn't make sense because everyone would be under protection and be forced to capture a barbarian city till they can cap a player-owned city.

Word of Advice: Try and read some of the guides on these forums. Some of them are very helpful. And yes, you can get a scholar and a second city within a week without using gold. I've done it, as I'm sure a lot of others have. Just figure out what a good city build is and farm barb cities!

Krumbz613
Guardian

Postby Krumbz613 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:40 pm

Diserna wrote:I ALSO lost my city very quickly after 3 weeks oWork. I had almost aquired a Scholar .I was waiting tilll I could take over a city. Tropical storm Sandy hit New York City, and I had to live through 5 days of a black out. No lights no cell phone, and no Valor to play. During the 5 days My city was attacked and taken. I had no clue. Ok....alls fare in love and war. I just think that players that have thousands of troops, scholaers,and are members of humongous guilds should attack players of the same level. The little guys have no chance to get anywhere with these big conglomerate guilds attacking before they have a chance to develope some strength. I was in a guild. However if a guild ally talkes 2 hours to get to me how is that going to help me? I know that resources may be sent, but troops have to travel to my location so fight and defend my city. The player that was wiped out without warning has good points in his post. I have read many of pwnlaws posts and get the picture of how Valor works. It just really sucked that I was attacked and couldnt have known about it cause of the black out. at least I was not ont of the many that had their homes flooded and washed away. I suggest that a longer grace period be given to new city builders. At least until they get a scholar and are able to conquer at least 1 city. It's so frustrating. Why are there so many cities where there is no activity? I was good at attacking these cities.

Discerna, I appreciate your post and hope that you and your family are safe and life is returning to normal for you. I would equally be frustrated if my life was struck by such a huge tragedy that took me away from the game only to return to MORE bad news. It's unfortunate that the game doesn't stop and I am sure that the players who took your city did so only out of the desire to be the strongest players in the game. Please understand that as both a war and strategy game, it is essential to align yourself with the largest and strongest players that you can while planning and capping every city around that is valuable. I am sure that I have conquered several city's of players who were currently focusing their attention on real life issues and the mails I get affirm that! It's not personal man, it's a game! Again best of luck to everyone who was affected by Sandy and good day

Krumbz613
Guardian

Postby Krumbz613 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:43 pm

Kruldar wrote:I know you may be new to the game, but it shouldn't take you 3 weeks to build your scholar. Also, when you join a guild, you don't join the best guild in the world. You try and join what guild is best for you. I have seen plenty of players taken out because they joined one of the top guilds in the world even though they were 2 entire regions or several hours away for receiving support. If a guild isn't helping or communicating, leave the guild. Guilds are supposed to help, to communicate and support their members. A guild that doesn't do that is not worth being in. Having a grace period for every person until they get a second city wouldn't make sense because everyone would be under protection and be forced to capture a barbarian city till they can cap a player-owned city.

Word of Advice: Try and read some of the guides on these forums. Some of them are very helpful. And yes, you can get a scholar and a second city within a week without using gold. I've done it, as I'm sure a lot of others have. Just figure out what a good city build is and farm barb cities!

Nice post man! Thumbs up

robwd
Lancer

Postby robwd » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:56 pm

Hi
When you start over your often at a disadvantage. Sure you get three days, but your neighbors have been growing for weeks. I am guessing most people just leave. I actually think that time spent is more valuable than money spent. Although a good guild can also make or break you.
Rob

Kruldar
Lancer

Postby Kruldar » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:02 pm

robwd wrote:Hi
When you start over your often at a disadvantage. Sure you get three days, but your neighbors have been growing for weeks. I am guessing most people just leave. I actually think that time spent is more valuable than money spent. Although a good guild can also make or break you.
Rob

No, not necessarily. I have restarted before, and still ended up doing very well. Starting at the corners can sometimes be very beneficial because they are full of barbarian cities. However, it depends on how far the game has progressed when you restarted. If it has been a few months, then it's probably not a good idea unless you get lucky and land near some allies.

Ikier

Postby Ikier » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:30 pm

Kruldar wrote:No, not necessarily. I have restarted before, and still ended up doing very well. Starting at the corners can sometimes be very beneficial because they are full of barbarian cities. However, it depends on how far the game has progressed when you restarted. If it has been a few months, then it's probably not a good idea unless you get lucky and land near some allies.

You can get back on track - even months after a world has started. But you will - as always in Valor - need to work with your guild and they will need to help you in your hour of need.

Of course - if your guild is being slaughtered then you might just have to say: Oh well, I was the one being killed in this world. I will learn from it and be better next time.

Diserna
Lancer
Location: New York City (Manhattan) Lower Eastside is where i grew up, and still reside.

rebuilding

Postby Diserna » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:59 am

The responses that I got were awesome. Rebuilding my new city and THIS time I am focusing on resources. Of course other important aspects will be worked on as well. Learning the ropes now by reading as much as I can. I like this game a lot , and I realize that strategy and diplomacy are important aspects of this game. One of my attackers has been helpful and is sending me resources.. It is just a game. Not to shabby a game either.

Return to “General”