Changes to Chaos on Worlds opened on/after June 6th

General topics and discussion on Valor.
PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Wed May 30, 2012 8:18 pm

LordDespair wrote:Make a grace period that new cities cannot be launch on, that would balance out the chaos abuse and not ruin the game.

We're not particularly bothered by the idea of a single city being captured and recaptured multiple times. This is exactly how it works in the real world, and it's led to some of the most impressive and memorable battles/sieges of all time. Our hope is to replicate that feeling of epic battles -- we don't like the idea of conquering being guaranteed.

Scorchedearth
Lancer

Postby Scorchedearth » Wed May 30, 2012 8:19 pm

I like to disguise my scholar attacks with fakes and I often go over 15 attacks on a city. I don't consider that an exploitation of the server. It would be nice if the number was higher like 30. That way one person can't chaos a city alone. As it is it only takes 3 people to do it.

Blodgharm
Lancer

Postby Blodgharm » Wed May 30, 2012 8:19 pm

PwnLaw wrote:Good points StampX. I think there will be some balancing that occurs as a result of chaos leaving the building, but most of the mechanics should work well without significant changes. Thoughts like this are very helpful (particularly since I can take your post and put it up on the wall as evidence that my point is right. :D )

I've said a bit about the money side previously in this thread. We're looking at other options as well.

Cant U see how many players, the ones that made u grow so far, have already posted their point against it? And that now that u guys made enough money u want to change the whole game to thousands of players?
I agree with changes, but change for new players, my brother started a new world, he doesnt know what chaos is, so it is fair to turn chaos off to HIM and not to us that have already made a whole game using chaos and support chaos as strategy, and not bug/exploit/whatever.

Frolo
Lancer

Postby Frolo » Wed May 30, 2012 8:19 pm

I have been playing a while. Mot as long as some people here but chaos is a strategic part of the game. I used to feel same as valor engineers. I hated it. But my feelings changef when i understood how to use it. It is the only reason i am still a
Playing. I am completly and emotionally involved in the game. My wife hates it. I have alrady spent enough money to have bought a similar game. If you feel so strongly why not start a new world without it. Try it out before ruining the game for everyone playing with old rules . You can easily kust make it a variable for a world just like leveling or world times. Once its gone im out. The longer you stay in a guild tje more stategies happen it is always evolviing and changing. The social enviroments it creates changes all the time. Like our guild had a mole in it who set up a facticious war that weakened us. Which made it easy to take over. We have already lost half our members and struggling to survive.

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Wed May 30, 2012 8:20 pm

Chieften wrote:All I can say is good riddance to chaos. Believe it or not there were whole worlds played where chaos was even a thought. Chaos really did start becoming main stream till world 18. We played around with it in world 16, but didn't understand it's full potential. I think chaos make people lazy. The lack of chaos will drive off the part time players and all the noobs that show up thinking they know how to play the game. Rock on Playmesh, I just wish you would deal with my clock/map issues and freezing.

Bug smashing is still a priority, but we've been really focusing on pushing through a chunk of new features. We've really built out our QA team and we want to push quality higher and higher.

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Wed May 30, 2012 8:22 pm

Kingjason666 wrote:I have used chaos and see it as a part of valor. But my question is if it goes does that mean I can send all 757 of my city's at a single target?? If so that will be fun. But also if your changing chaos to relieve server load I would have thought 40 attacks would put less load on server than 757 or 900 city's like my number 1 player has.

So am I understanding it right that there will be no limit on what can be sent at a city once this goes live. If so I'm all for it.

Now can you please make a way for a world to end and us to claim victory.

You're the third person to mention multi-city attacking, and I'll make sure this gets top billing in the next design meeting.

On your last point -- this meeting occurred earlier today. We're in the early stages, but we are definitely considering ways to layer in additional purpose/objectives in the game.

AceDragon
Guardian

Postby AceDragon » Wed May 30, 2012 8:22 pm

A long time ago we used to ba able to send support to allied guilds.
Just bring that back it will help some.
Glad to see chaos gone.
But what are the rest of the rule changes. Where can I find it?

coachklowco
Lancer

Postby coachklowco » Wed May 30, 2012 8:25 pm

PwnLaw wrote:We're not particularly bothered by the idea of a single city being captured and recaptured multiple times. This is exactly how it works in the real world, and it's led to some of the most impressive and memorable battles/sieges of all time. Our hope is to replicate that feeling of epic battles -- we don't like the idea of conquering being guaranteed.

Why not allow troops coming in behind scholars to stay as support rather than attacking a city if you capped it? You mention a desire to have it more like 'real life' and this is how it would happen. At least I would make sure that I had smart enough commanders to know that if we had captured a city in enemy territory that they should stay there and hold it instead of heading home for tea.

StampX
Lancer

Postby StampX » Wed May 30, 2012 8:28 pm

Hey you know, it's all fair as long as you never give any kind of protection for newly conquered cities. After reading people thoughts I tend to agree with the games stance. This game is so long. If somebody wants to buy their way to the top and knock out the casual $5 purchasing players so be it. If you want to waste 100 cities on one city so be it. (A more advance player will make you pay for that move.) Most games start out cut throat and evolve to a more laid back version. I applaud your attempts to go in another direction. Congratulation on taking the risk of alienating a large portion of casual players. Really!! I've quit games for horrible changes that took the edge off game play. Although those change made the game lots of money they lost me. Haha. Cluster up and play smart. Later y'all.

LadyDelicious
Knight

Postby LadyDelicious » Wed May 30, 2012 8:28 pm

Over 2700 views on your UN user friendly forum Playmess. You might want to take a look at that ! You have really given no good replies about how you are going to improve the game your just leeching ideas from the players and promoting the anti-chaos brigade

Return to “General”