Changes to Chaos on Worlds opened on/after June 6th

General topics and discussion on Valor.
Infusion
Knight

Postby Infusion » Wed May 30, 2012 10:05 pm

Here is the idea... Bring in another building... This building is so we can build Knights. Each city starts with lvl 1 and can raise it to a maximum of 10. Have it come at 0 population points to increase it... But come at a very very heavy premium to increase it. Say level 10 costs 500,000 of each resource. You want to send multi-attacks and attack far away... Its gonna cost ya.

Infusion
Knight

Postby Infusion » Wed May 30, 2012 10:07 pm

Heck make it that each lvl costs ya 500,000k... Teamwork will be ultra important early on

edMFk
Lancer

Postby edMFk » Wed May 30, 2012 10:10 pm

How about whatever troops you send with capping scholar stay in city and become support for it until called back. If already said, sorry. Couldn't read all the complaints, but will add my own. Seems you really dropped the ball with the lack of warning. Could have gone more smoothly if people were able to plan for it and not count on it at said date. Just that would have saved you a lot of complaints. Hope it works out for you guys the way you want it to.

Stuckmojo
Knight

Postby Stuckmojo » Wed May 30, 2012 10:13 pm

At least that's constructive Infusion. Nice. Those of you whining about other stuff like the map update dude make sure you visit playmesh support. My map works perfect because I did. Playmesh needs specifics on problems not a random forum post. I will say every time I've contacted support they've solved my issues within 24 hours. Things work if you follow the right path.

MADMATT008
Lancer

Postby MADMATT008 » Wed May 30, 2012 10:13 pm

Must say I have enjoyed plaing this great game. Have two accounts and been with it since world13. I can understand those that don't like chaos, but with ratios of troop commandeers per city, to the amount required to chaos a city, I thought worked well. As we played the game and watched tactics evolve, we have used chaos in many ways other than to protect a particular city.
There is support chaos, which can be used to send to a city your about to lose. Support chaos a player you are about to kick from your guild and consume.
Chaos a city you have scholars on long march too. Chaos a big barb until you can get scholars ready to prevent others from taking it. And chaos a city once you cap it deep in enemy territory.
Have also found chaos has the flow on effect of getting to know those in other guilds more. Valor is a social game enjoyed by many. Removing this tactic, will in my view, mean less interaction and players leaving due to boredom.

So I ask if you can have worlds with or without chaos. Don't remove a tactic that is useful but is time demanding.many players can't be bothered using it, but for those who have less time to play, I guess they will see the message more often wen they log in. " looks like your cities have all been conquered "
Farewell to noobs and part time players

kgvt
Lancer

Postby kgvt » Wed May 30, 2012 10:28 pm

Like chaos or not, but to change the rules in mid game is wrong. Rules this major should only have changed on new worlds. When people play for months using whatever strategy they use based on the rules they have. Doing a change mid world like that will cause people to leave. I am going to have to give up cities because of this change, and probably lost another because i was in the midst of moving regions to other players which can no longer happen.

Kingjason666
Knight

Postby Kingjason666 » Wed May 30, 2012 10:38 pm

Must say I have enjoyed plaing this great game. Have two accounts and been with it since world13. I can understand those that don't like chaos, but with ratios of troop commandeers per city, to the amount required to chaos a city, I thought worked well. As we played the game and watched tactics evolve, we have used chaos in many ways other than to protect a particular city.
There is support chaos, which can be used to send to a city your about to lose. Support chaos a player you are about to kick from your guild and consume.
Chaos a city you have scholars on long march too. Chaos a big barb until you can get scholars ready to prevent others from taking it. And chaos a city once you cap it deep in enemy territory.
Have also found chaos has the flow on effect of getting to know those in other guilds more. Valor is a social game enjoyed by many. Removing this tactic, will in my view, mean less interaction and players leaving due to boredom.

So I ask if you can have worlds with or without chaos. Don't remove a tactic that is useful but is time demanding.many players can't be bothered using it, but for those who have less time to play, I guess they will see the message more often wen they log in. " looks like your cities have all been conquered "
Farewell to noobs and part time players

Mats words above are spot on. Playmesh don't kill this game. If you programmers have spent the hours playing inside these worlds you would understand that you are about to kill the game.

Everyone vote here yes or no

I vote no don't get rid of chaos in current worlds

Oncecrazy
Knight

Postby Oncecrazy » Wed May 30, 2012 10:46 pm

I like how you guys totally ignore any counter points. Infusion and me had some insane battles between our guilds. Yes support to all cities like before it was awesome. CO would fill them up and we would farm and get killed. Once again you abused something that was never meant to be used like you do.
Stuckmojo anytime but I'm just playing a few worlds now.
Infusion glad to see you are still playing.

Jagaer
Lancer

Postby Jagaer » Wed May 30, 2012 10:54 pm

You think wrong. Being able to chaos and work together and defeat the "juggernaut" instead of just getting mowed over is part of what has been great about Valor. You are reducing this to a land of bullies rather than forming relationships and strong alliances. I am leaving all but my most invested world, and when one of the 10 million point players sets his sights on my million and I have no way to defend, I will leave that world as well and never return to Valor again..... sadly, as I have loved the game to this point. You are ruining the charm for me.

Infusion
Knight

Postby Infusion » Wed May 30, 2012 11:02 pm

Oncecrazy wrote:I like how you guys totally ignore any counter points. Infusion and me had some insane battles between our guilds. Yes support to all cities like before it was awesome. CO would fill them up and we would farm and get killed. Once again you abused something that was never meant to be used like you do.
Stuckmojo anytime but I'm just playing a few worlds now.
Infusion glad to see you are still playing.

Maddmatt.. Wanna see some fun.. We are in W66 together.. I really do think you will totally enjoy the game better if there was no chaos. When a large barbarian city popped up... We'd spike the city with troops and watch an unsuspecting enemy try and send his scholars on it... It was funny to see the reports. You don't need to chaos the barb... Just protect it with your own army.

As for if we can support any city...again you dont need chaos...

I do beleve the key to removing chaos is to limit the exploit of hellfire...
As well As the return of allowing support to any city. Whether it is guildmate,ally,enemy, neutral or a barbarian. With espionage so rampant.. Sometimes aupport to a neutral player in need would be a deed that would result in a trusted player when you need a new member

Return to “General”