Valor 2.1.3 worst version ever

General topics and discussion on Valor.
Orlor

Postby Orlor » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:15 pm

Dartveder
Lancer

Postby Dartveder » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:20 pm

I also agree! After update this morning game kept crashing. Installed HD but doesn`t show good. Every line of text is shown with program prefix, so I Uninstalled both the SD and the HD version. But now I`m not even able to get in game. I Hate this stupid game errors, makes me grumpy, maybe better to stop, better for my moods!!!

Sternist
Knight

Postby Sternist » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:22 pm

I like the floating fourm, mail and rankings. The side bar is cool too. There's a few problems though.

1. Obviously removing the left/right scroll is a problem as many others have eloquently expressed.

2. The colors are hard to see.

3. There's so much unused space for buttons. I don't need a banner telling me I'm in the city overview. Maybe city name can be there and city navigation buttons.

4. The sidebar can replace the portal button. The world button can be at the very top of the sidebar and a gold button can replace the portal.

5. The city stats are way to small on phones, and I don't understand why they are so far from the production rates. Now I have to look at two places to see my production numbers.

6. I don't mind the population count down, but it is easier to know your farm level by the 15000/20000 view.

7. Maybe the interface between the graphical city and the basic overview should be different. I haven't used the graphical overview since my 1st world. As I grew in size the basic view was way more practical. I think newer players may like the graphical view, but more experienced players would like a simple interface that is clear and to the point.

I hope my feedback helps, I love this game and spent way to many months to give up because of one crazy update. I guess I'll have to use my hate of the update to fuel my desire to conquer.

Biwin
Knight

Postby Biwin » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:24 pm

Sticky post at the top - read it to learn this travesty will continue for at least a week.

Sternist
Knight

Postby Sternist » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:28 pm

Such is life.

Tim_stoddard
Lancer

Postby Tim_stoddard » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:31 pm

Let begin discussing which other games we should all begin playing instead of Valor. Maybe that will get Playmess's attention.

Biwin
Knight

Postby Biwin » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:45 pm

Mists of Pandaria just released...

Emme
Lancer

Postby Emme » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:15 pm

I agree with all player comments - large numbers of cities are now unmanageable.

The only improvements I really want on the previous version are:

1. Less error messages
2. An "update all cities" button that pings all my cities without having to visit them all. I'd happily wait 10 mins for them to be updated without having to visit, wait, visit, wait, visit, wait for reports, attack updates, etc etc etc

This would make gameplay faster and more enjoyable.

Kingjason666
Knight

Postby Kingjason666 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:49 pm

I would pay 50 gold even for an update all city's button. I love that idea Emme. But we have suggested into Playmesh in the past and if they did that it would be a true upgrade. All we see from Playmesh in the last 6months is downgrades. Valor hasn't worked since valor2.0 came out.

BoneScavenger
Lancer

I agree that this new version is brutal

Postby BoneScavenger » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:46 pm

Game freezes all the time. Maps take forever to come up. Please provide some way for us to go back to the old version.
50% of the time I can't click to look at someone else's city. It pops up a window saying "You were unable to retrieve
data for the new page. Please try again'. Trying again does NOT help.

I tried creating a support email from within the game. When I clicked on the 'envelope' icon on the support page, nothing
happened.

When you make a major change to the interface like this, you should allow players to switch between the old and new
one.

Return to “General”