5K worlds

General topics and discussion on Valor.
MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:32 am

Benfrom300 wrote:thanks Evo. hopefully people can stop crying over the loss of 5k worlds now.

Lol I do think people want 5k TBS world back; Legacy has no conquerable barb, just FYI...

I do think too that 3/4 people on Valor know what World speed and Unit speed mean too

MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:35 am

As we initially asked for Legacy world to be back, it was because "old" world were different, not because of speed, that was already differing between these worlds, as well as the 1-3 research levels

Benfrom300
Guardian

Postby Benfrom300 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:06 am

people complain about the new worlds sucking, thats why legacy was brought back. WE demanded it. now people arent happy they gave us what we asked for. i realize when people wanted legacy back they didnt say they wanted 5k gone, but please understand that one way or another, quark cant make everyone happy. thats just not possible. and tbh i think more people want 1k than 5k, lets face facts, 1k is a perfect world for people that dont have months at a time to devote to a world. legacy is a perfect world for those that like a longer game. 5k is kinda inbetween and also id like to point out that, quark is running a business. YES 1k makes them more money. if quark goes bankrupt we are all out a great game, regardless of its issues, however grand or minuscule they might be.

Myname999, currently valor has the best of both worlds, literally. we have tbs, as well as legacy. we have the old worlds back, and the new worlds.
Guts and Glory Founder
Game name: Achil1es
Kakao ID: iambenfrom300

MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:11 am

I do agree Ben, just saying that we wanted the Legacy world back, they killed the 5k... We can't make everyone happy, but WHY closing something nobody asked to kill? Lots were loving 5k worlds, none asked to close it!!!

At this point, my constant whinnings are to point that Quark is trying to make quick money, and don't understand that they are killing the game that bring them the money. Quark don't listen to us, they just try to make us think they change the game as we wants to...

Years before, I was playing EmpireCraft and created a post in such website with purposals of change in the game, even minor ones (buttons have to be larger, up top the screen, please add a mark to label cities, ...) and lots of things were accepted and quickly changed.

Month before, I downloaded HayDays ( :-P ) and believe me, each month the game is updated with small changes the community is asking!

Quark added glitches, mainly didn't accepted it nor corrected it, and Valor is stuck. Only changes are for the worst, with minimal good ones in order being able to say to us: shut up...

I just don't accept this.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:47 am

If you look at the life cycle of a game, updates and fixes come fast and furious when a game is young, and much slower as a game matures. Realistically, the last major glitch or problem was not being able to find inbound attacks. That's been fixed. While its annoying not having MCM or mass scholarship purchasing, its not a glitch. Folks in 1k worlds see minimal problems because of it. Quark hasn't quit work, its just taking a long time (the inbound attack fix was part of that work).

MCM and such are fundamental changes to the game (both player and server side). As such, its not coming over night. A good analogy is building construction. If you build a one story house, you lay a foundation that will support it. You can't just add four more levels or floors to that house and use the existing foundation. You basically have to tear it down to reconstruct the foundation, or lift it up to do it. If you try to use the existing foundation, the building will collapse from the weight. In my opinion, these fixes are taking so long because Quark has to rebuild the foundation of Valor.

As far as offering 1k, 5k, Legacy, and Titan all at once, that's too many choices and not enough active players. Even the old 60k worlds reached an equilibrium point of less than 1000 true actives after a month or so. More world options mean less true actives in each world. Fewer actives per world mean less competition, and less need for gold spending. Less competition is boring for us and less gold is bad for Quark.
W95 Praetorian Guard Guild Leader
Kakao: LordFirefall or Firefall

MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:18 am

I don't think that a sorting option on cities list will need server changes... Since how long did we asked such thing?

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:57 am

MyName999 wrote:I don't think that a sorting option on cities list will need server changes... Since how long did we asked such thing?

It's been about a year. I don't think that's a server side update, but I don't know for sure. I do know Quark is working MCM and mass scholarship purchasing. Based on my experience with other apps, if they do it wrong, the game will slow down exponentially.
W95 Praetorian Guard Guild Leader

Kakao: LordFirefall or Firefall

KaladinWest
Lancer

Postby KaladinWest » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:08 pm

I think the primary reason Quark quit opening 5k worlds is that they are the middle ground between 1k and Legacy and so they might view them as redundant. However, the lack of a middle road divides the players who prefer one type of world over the other. Without the compromise of a 5k world, many gamers lose the opportunity of playing with or against each other.

In one sense, this naturally pits like minded players together; the aggressive, ADHD, competition lovers choose 1k and the laid back, long haul, sandbox types choose legacy. Neither preference is superior, it just speaks to the play style of each valorian.

Ultimately, people want variety. We don't want to do the same thing over and over again. Instead we want to go back and forth between different world types so we don't get bored. This is why I think 5k worlds should be reinstated. It has the conquerable barbs of TBS and the size is more accommodating to old world aficionados.

I'm really not sure what's the best way to stagger the world openings. Maybe this:

1. 1k
2. 5k
3. 1k
4. Legacy

This could be a standard format. Then you have your tertiary worlds like lone wolf, guild, competition, etc. open based a different time table that wouldn't interrupt the standard format.

Idk. I just want 5k back.

ftony1
Lancer

Postby ftony1 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:22 pm

What I would like is to keep legacy world as is. with the TBS worlds think if Quark would rotate between the 1k and 5k world would satisfy everyone. Just my opinion.

Return to “General”