very frustrated!!!

General topics and discussion on Valor.
stiguy
Lancer

very frustrated!!!

Postby stiguy » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:55 am

so i just started playing this game a month ago and within the last hour someone attacked me and literally wiped out every troop i have including the 350 knights it has taken me a month to make. is this typical? if so i will never play again and will tell everyone i know not to play. what a stupid game to allow such a wipeout of someone. how do they expect people to keep playing? what should i do???

randb
Lancer

Postby randb » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:01 am

Sorry about your experience. But players with 30,000 knights and many cities can be wiped out. 350 knights are nothing.

Tooltip
Scholar

Postby Tooltip » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:01 am

If you are not that active, you should ask your guild to setup a tripwire or to pre-support your city.

Like other RTS games, this game is all abouted conquering, except its 24/7. You should expect to be attacked at any moment.

If you are not conquering you should be farming and building. Farming allows you to get enough resources to build more troops.

Regarding what to do... If your guild is fairly strong, they can threaten or attack your attacker. They can send you troops and resources. They can help you conquer a city.

Knights are great at farming, but not so well at defending. You may also want to invest into a wall.

Deano87
Knight

Postby Deano87 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:16 am

Now that's what you call giving up, ever heard of a challenge? Or trying again and taking what you've learned with you? Thousands of people play this game and thousands more will, I'm sure you don't know that many people to even make a difference lol.

YoYo47890
Lancer

Postby YoYo47890 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:32 am

This makes me scared!!!!! So this means when my begginer defenses go down, imma get owned by EVERYTHING THAT MOVES!!!! im joking, dont quit man i feel for u bro!

xSmith&WessonX
Lancer

Postby xSmith&WessonX » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:08 pm

Knights aren't very good defense. make sure as you upgrade stables and barracks you cancel out any current troops being built and restart the build to get the benifit of higher level buildings. Starter cities typically do well with sentries and lancers, then when you can build guards start killing them off and replacing with gaurdians til you have the right mix. And always upgrade stable and barracks and as they get done restart with the adjust time per unit. A fully upgraded stable takes less then 24 hours for 500 knights.

xSmith&WessonX
Lancer

Postby xSmith&WessonX » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:18 pm

And really you will find in most cases that it's best to dodge any clearing waves and only defend against scholars. This will save a lot of troops. I hope this helps some. If you have a active guild you can also counter attacks with guild help. If they are leaving a city empty for 3 or 4 hours they may be all you and your guild need to exploit the situation. Maybe?

Asplundh
Knight

Postby Asplundh » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:15 am

Sigh. Do the math. For the price of 5,000 Guardians, you can get 6,666 Knights. Put those Knights behind a level 25 Wall and those Guardians will lose. Put 5000 Knights in a clearing wave with 2500 Zerx landing 5 minutes behind 1000 Rams, and few defenses will survive. I have cleared 10K Level-2 Sentries, 5K Level-1 Lancers, and 2.5K Guardians with this mix.
Besides, you can't beat Knights for barb farming.

Return to “General”