Valor Priorities

General topics and discussion on Valor.
Orlor

Valor Priorities

Postby Orlor » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:24 pm

Valorians!

The GuildMasters and Lions of Valor created a list of the top issues in Valor. Pwnlaw (CEO of Quark Games) and I went over them and some decisions were made.

1. We are going to get rid of Ghosting. We dedicated resources to figuring out the root of the problem and possible solutions. I don’t have the full details yet but we expect possible fixes will remove ghosting and a few other related bugs from Valor once completed.

2. We are changing the world victory conditions to substantially reduce the "clean up" period. This is more of a quality of life change that is a minor code change. This won’t impact our working on the other issues, ie ghosting. More details on this will also be forthcoming.

As a whole we are going to be fixing existing issues inside of Valor before adding any new features. We want to make sure the core of Valor is a bug free experience before we add on the new features.

So when are these changes coming? Soon. As soon as possible. I will be updating all of you with new info whenever I can.

-Orlor

TheHeartlessKiller
Guardian

Postby TheHeartlessKiller » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:41 pm

No ghosting....

Finding sleep times will become exponentially harder

Iwrecu
Lancer

Postby Iwrecu » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:48 pm

Where are the Android updates. It really adds to my valor fun spending an hour deleting reports one by one.

Damacles
Lancer

Postby Damacles » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:49 pm

Great call finally getting rid of ghosting .

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:55 pm

TheHeartlessKiller wrote:No ghosting....

Finding sleep times will become exponentially harder

Folks will have to go old school and attack while their opponents are on and prepared.
W95 Praetorian Guard Guild Leader
Kakao: LordFirefall or Firefall

cattiebrie
Knight

Postby cattiebrie » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:07 pm

The clean up period will only be for the newer worlds though right? And will the medic scouting be fixed along with ghosting?

Sreusch
Lancer

Postby Sreusch » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:45 pm

Fixing ghosting brings the game back, unless you've tract ppl, you'll have to figure it out. It's a game and should be a game based on strategy

Kloc
Lancer

Postby Kloc » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:46 pm

Orlor wrote:
1. We are going to get rid of Ghosting. We dedicated resources to figuring out the root of the problem and possible solutions. I don’t have the full details yet but we expect possible fixes will remove ghosting and a few other related bugs from Valor once completed.

IMO, pretty easy to see the action to process attacks and send reports only happens when a user is on the city that is attacking or defending. So if neither, the sender or receiver, is looking at the cities in question, the trigger to process attacks and send reports isn't made.

Possible fixes:
1. Incoming/outgoing will need to be tracked on the user level and not the village level in order to trigger the update action on land time.

2. A queue with land times and village info will need to be made on the server to trigger the action when attacks land.

Catzillla
Lancer

Postby Catzillla » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:52 pm

I really wish fixing Android issues could be a priority. Particularly to have the ability to request/accept to guilds. Android users are playing with much more serious disadvantages than those created by the ghosting glitch.

Ayses
Lancer

Postby Ayses » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:53 pm

My only worry with no ghosting now is that it may encourage a higher usage of spies.

Return to “General”