Whats in an update? 11/02/15

General topics and discussion on Valor.
Infusion
Knight

Whats in an update? 11/02/15

Postby Infusion » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:11 pm

Big announcement of an update on 11/02/15. But no details as to what went i to the changes.

Still awaiting bugfixes on...

Ghosting
Negative scholars
Medic scouting

Awaiting update for ingame instant messaging

Nick_ValorCM

Postby Nick_ValorCM » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:54 pm

We've been pretty transparent so far on Kakao and in previous announcements that have appeared on the forum and in-game about what would be included in this first iOS update.

Version 3.20 released to the App Store on Nov 2nd consisted of under-the-hood optimizations which were necessary and allow us to make future fixes and changes to the game more efficiently. Valor now supports up to and including iOS 9 and the latest devices like the iPhone 6s. Some visual enhancements were also added throughout the game.

For the issues you've mentioned above, they are on our priority list and we're already nearing submission on the next update.

Negative scholars is a top one to us. I also would like to ask that you open a support ticket about these with as much detail as possible, to help our QA team with reproduction.
For in-game support, please go to:
Portal > Gear icon ( Upper right of the screen) > Help > Support > Mail Icon

For support outside of the game, visit:
http://quarkgames.zendesk.com/home

Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/ValorTheGame

Check out the Valor website! http://www.valorgame.com

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:27 am

More promises and more vapor ware. And a "support ticket about these with as much detail as possible"!?!? This just confirms I made the right decision to switch hobbies...
W95 Praetorian Guard Guild Leader
Kakao: LordFirefall or Firefall

Malice
Lancer

Postby Malice » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:17 pm

@fire

They're asking for our help to make this game better and you're still complaining ?

I haven't been this excited for valor in a long time. This update will open doors for more updates and perhaps new world styles , maybe the return of Titan one day

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:54 pm

Malice wrote:They're asking for our help to make this game better and you're still complaining ?

A negative scholar fix has been promised for over three years. The other two have been promised for well over a year now. They've had details on all of them for years. Call it complaining if you want, but I like to think of it as highlighting the absurdity of the situation.

Malice wrote:I haven't been this excited for valor in a long time. This update will open doors for more updates and perhaps new world styles , maybe the return of Titan one day

This update has been promised for months. My guess it had more to do with the new iOS than anything. I hope you're right about the updates, but I remain skeptical about them.

Angusandnico

Postby Angusandnico » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:43 pm

The update is here and it seems to have made things worse. People can't get into game, can't find their cities. 2 b fair every new update has a few teething problems to start, which is y I only update on HD version and keep playing on previous version until bugs r ironed out. And yes I did update to take a peek. I'll come back to play when above fixes mentioned r fixed. Look forward to u posting about those nick. I know a lot of old school Valor players will come back when they r. When ever that first legacy world is, I'm sure it will b epic

Malice
Lancer

Postby Malice » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:24 am

LordFirefall wrote:A negative scholar fix has been promised for over three years. The other two have been promised for well over a year now. They've had details on all of them for years. Call it complaining if you want, but I like to think of it as highlighting the absurdity of the situation.

This update has been promised for months. My guess it had more to do with the new iOS than anything. I hope you're right about the updates, but I remain skeptical about them.

Yes I see where the frustration comes from but keep in mind that quark left a huge mess when they sold

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:12 pm

Malice wrote:Yes I see where the frustration comes from but keep in mind that quark left a huge mess when they sold

That would assume they changed out staff. I would submit that in an acquisition such as this, a group of the staff would have remained in place. Nick, for instance is old Quark staff.

MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:58 am

Malice wrote:@fire

They're asking for our help to make this game better and you're still complaining ?

I haven't been this excited for valor in a long time. This update will open doors for more updates and perhaps new world styles , maybe the return of Titan one day

For us that played during years, these "issues" where glitches that quickly became ways for some to use the dark power of the force ;-p

Having tickets about these to help fixing, is a proof that the problem isn't on work: everything is known, has been said, and all that people is waiting on is solving these issues. Just make a quick research on the forum with these keywords to see how much informations there's even here, forgetting about all that has been already said in past tickets and into the lion and guildmaster rooms (I even remind we spoke about the negative scholars in the beta-kakao-room when TBS was on road...)

smga3000
Knight

Postby smga3000 » Fri May 13, 2016 3:18 pm

New engineers and a major rewrite underway as we speak, shooting to release next month and looking for beta testers. I'm the new community liaison and I'll be happy to help you, just let me know what I can do.
---
Valor Game Community Liason
http://www.valor-game.com/
http://osticket.valor-game.com/ Trouble Ticket System

Return to “General”