Re-evaluation of Valor

General topics and discussion on Valor.
cjclags
Knight

Re-evaluation of Valor

Postby cjclags » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:17 am

There are a few annoying flaws in this game.
Most importantly, it takes FOREVER to get started and enjoy this game. Quest payout is low and spending gold on boosters just is not what I call expediting game-play speed. The game is fun and addictive but it could easily be worlds better.
When I survive a two day attack of thousands of troops including City Hall bashing ballista, I want something. Something better than a couple hundred of each resource for a defender kill score. Same applies when bashing somebody's city with thousands of troops. .
Which brings me to the instance where I lost a third of each unit, including rams and ballistas, when attacking some noob with a few hundred infantry and a lv 10 wall. That was absolutely retarde d. I didn't care much for the thousands of loot I acquired, I just wanted to show off my new ballistas to somebody. It was a huge price to pay.. Had I known the cost was going to be so great, I probably would've massed a hundred more ballista because I think the not quite destroyed wall was the culprit. If that was the case though, I repeat: absolutely . Perhaps the battle system could use some work.

Thoughts?

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:15 pm

cjclags wrote:There are a few annoying flaws in this game.
Most importantly, it takes FOREVER to get started and enjoy this game. Quest payout is low and spending gold on boosters just is not what I call expediting game-play speed. The game is fun and addictive but it could easily be worlds better.
When I survive a two day attack of thousands of troops including City Hall bashing ballista, I want something. Something better than a couple hundred of each resource for a defender kill score. Same applies when bashing somebody's city with thousands of troops. .
Which brings me to the instance where I lost a third of each unit, including rams and ballistas, when attacking some noob with a few hundred infantry and a lv 10 wall. That was absolutely retarde d. I didn't care much for the thousands of loot I acquired, I just wanted to show off my new ballistas to somebody. It was a huge price to pay.. Had I known the cost was going to be so great, I probably would've massed a hundred more ballista because I think the not quite destroyed wall was the culprit. If that was the case though, I repeat: absolutely . Perhaps the battle system could use some work.

Thoughts?

Ever try using the simulator?

As for changing the battle system: I've taken a long hard look at the battle algorithm and there are certainly some thing I'd like to tinker with. In terms of completely changing the root system, it's unlikely. Most of the systems I would prefer to implement are more complicated than the current system and the learning curve on Valor is already rough enough.

sancheezy
Knight

Postby sancheezy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:43 pm

cjclags wrote:There are a few annoying flaws in this game.

Thoughts?

Stop...you're making Texans look bad...

But seriously, have you played this game before? Everything you say is contrary to the game. Troops (and buildings) are only a means to an end...more cities. You are right that, if you crash troops into a city, your attacker score goes up (or vice versa) and that it doesn’t matter much (because it doesn’t unless you are obsessed with leaderboards). The only reason you should be doing that is if you it intended to capture it (ok there are a few reasons but "Trying" out ballistas isn’t on the list) or farm it (if you don’t care about the plunder from the city...why were you attacking it?).

Funny that you call someone a noob when you lost your troops on them and are now complaining about it (and blaming the game engine). It’s a computer program so the game is very logical, as said above, run a simulation the results are consistent (minus the luck factor). Or just play a bit and learn how the game works a bit more before complaining that it needs to be fixed.

lordrickard7
Knight

Postby lordrickard7 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:14 pm

I also think Sancheezy (and myself) are android and so don't have a battle sim :)

A standalone on the site would be nice for us.

Return to “General”