Beta Testers?

General topics and discussion on Valor.
BoneScavenger
Lancer

Beta Testers?

Postby BoneScavenger » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:48 am

I installed a Valor patch last week and have had crashing trouble ever since. It crashes every few minutes. I opened a case on the 26th but have heard nothing back yet. Anyone else having crashing issues with the patch that was pushed out last week? I'm running on a 4th Gen iPod with iOS 6. I don't get any error screens - just shuts the app down.

This patch, for me, is making gameplay very frustrating. What I'm wondering is what kind of testing is done outside of what Playmesh does? It seems like a good approach to testing would be to enlist 'real' players to beta patches. Many players use multiple devices. Those types of players might be inclined to beta test on one of their devices if they were offered gold for their efforts. Payment should be based on time played with the beta (with mandatory feedback) versus just having the app installed.

I'm just referring to the Valor client running on our devices, not the server end. It looks like there are already beta worlds for server testing. I'd like to see new client versions tested against existing worlds before being rolled-out to players.

My 2 cents.

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:29 am

BoneScavenger wrote:I installed a Valor patch last week and have had crashing trouble ever since. It crashes every few minutes. I opened a case on the 26th but have heard nothing back yet. Anyone else having crashing issues with the patch that was pushed out last week? I'm running on a 4th Gen iPod with iOS 6. I don't get any error screens - just shuts the app down.

This patch, for me, is making gameplay very frustrating. What I'm wondering is what kind of testing is done outside of what Playmesh does? It seems like a good approach to testing would be to enlist 'real' players to beta patches. Many players use multiple devices. Those types of players might be inclined to beta test on one of their devices if they were offered gold for their efforts. Payment should be based on time played with the beta (with mandatory feedback) versus just having the app installed.

I'm just referring to the Valor client running on our devices, not the server end. It looks like there are already beta worlds for server testing. I'd like to see new client versions tested against existing worlds before being rolled-out to players.

My 2 cents.

There is a backlog of support tickets right now due to the server outage of last week. First I would suggest re installing and then downloading regular Valor if you are using Valor HD while you await a response.

For the upcoming beta worlds, those players will be testing both client and server changes for our upcoming features. So if you would like to give feedback on some of the upcoming features be sure to watch for additional chances to be part of the beta soon.

Return to “General”