Playmesh Pls Read!!

General topics and discussion on Valor.
Zelmo
Lancer

Playmesh Pls Read!!

Postby Zelmo » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:14 pm

Hi my dear Playmesh Staff, I am wondering what's you guys thinking when start to launch a new version update. Beside I am doubt that you guys say you all did play certain world and play well. There are still tons of problem that need to be fix but from what I see in the recent update, non of that helping to solve the problem. Yea I understand you guys need time, but how long? 1 year? 10 years?

The first frustrating problem, for those who have 100++ cities , I believe the suffer this too. We have no idea which city being attack! We have to scroll each cities , refreshing in order to know where to support! I don't understand why this is not the main problem to solve for the following update ? I don't know other players, for me I want a smooth and easily manage game. If I have to spend 30 minute to 1 hour to check which city have incoming, what's the point of this game?

Second, where is our multi-manage cities tool? Playmesh had said they are trying to figure it out and help to improve the game since last years till now 2012 going to end. How long does it take more? I doesn't need nice graphic for my troops, I doesn't need new top bar , I doesn't need big gold coin tab!!

No doubt valor is the best game I ever play in iPhone, I sincerely thanks to Playmesh for creating thi game to make my life interesting and now a little bit time wasting.

I hope Playmesh really listen to players opinion to improve the game. The meaning of improve is to let players feel more easily to manage the whole game and less crash, not to decorate the game and make the gold coin more easily to be seen by players.

Cheers :)

Jodamann

Postby Jodamann » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:02 pm

Great points. The staff need to play a game where they have 100 cities each to start in order to get it. You can tell that the focus is on the early game. They should copy say w50 and terminate all players except take over one player for each of them and see who wins. Then, they can see the shortcomings of multiplayer mgt.

Zelmo
Lancer

Postby Zelmo » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:26 pm

I agree Jodaman, Playmesh will not understand what we suffer unless they have 100++ cities to manage and being attack at the same time. All those cosmetic display doesn't help any of situation that faced by us.

Slaskio
Lancer

Postby Slaskio » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:47 am

Wow dude great points made, I am a newer player and am reaching 50 cities. It's rather annoying to "swipe" my way through cities only to have to wait and let it load just to manage that one specific city. Thankfully I'm not to the point of 100+ cities yet. The game is amazing but as the world progresses I'm growing more and more frustrated with the lag with larger players. Playmesh seems too focused on gaining new players and not enough on keeping the older players. I'd also like to add finding my 'hidden' scholars is annoying as half the time I forget where I built then and end up spending quite a bit of time looking at an entire region of my cities. We need a true city overview that displays troops, res, and incoming/outgoing attacks/support.

Zelmo
Lancer

Postby Zelmo » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:22 pm

Slaskio, yea that's right :) it's very easy and fun to play in the early game. Beside Playmesh did mention in the other threads that said some of the old world have lots of inactive and leavers so that had limited the population for certain world such as w100 to make sure the world is active enough, if I am not mistaken, dear PawnLaw make the statement.

But think twice, why players leave? Why? Maybe some real life reason, but mostly is the game problem. We start getting BORING in the mid game, we have tons of cities to manage and swipe through to wait for refresh, finding incoming like I mention, finding missing scholar( as Slaskio mention) , refreshing troops amount before train more troops and etc.

Players getting boring when we need 1-2 hours to do all these things, and we have only 24 hours in a days. That's why they start leaving ,that's the main reason they leave, my dear Playmesh staff. Yes I believe some of players will say , why don't leave since it consume most of your time? Leave it and **** off they say.

However, one of the best part of valor is the development of friendship. We have make lots of friends in game include kakao chat, we play together, make fun of each others, and somehow we become real friends in real life. That's part of valor and again thanks for creating a wonderful game Playmesh.

But all we need is an real improvement , something that make the game better not just cosmetic improve.

Juditha
Lancer

Postby Juditha » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:35 pm

it is sad for me to leave this game after I conquered more then 700 cities but I have no other choice.
It is almost impossible to play and manage incoming attacks from smaller player and I have no real advantage in this other then let my cities to be capped because I need hours to found out wich one is under attack, where I put nerds to build etc.
All new updates are for nothing, maybe for kids playing this game for a month and then jump to another one.
Can we have some competent answer , if you prepare something and when for all this problems?

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:07 pm

Zelmo wrote:Hi my dear Playmesh Staff, I am wondering what's you guys thinking when start to launch a new version update. Beside I am doubt that you guys say you all did play certain world and play well. There are still tons of problem that need to be fix but from what I see in the recent update, non of that helping to solve the problem. Yea I understand you guys need time, but how long? 1 year? 10 years?

The first frustrating problem, for those who have 100++ cities , I believe the suffer this too. We have no idea which city being attack! We have to scroll each cities , refreshing in order to know where to support! I don't understand why this is not the main problem to solve for the following update ? I don't know other players, for me I want a smooth and easily manage game. If I have to spend 30 minute to 1 hour to check which city have incoming, what's the point of this game?

Second, where is our multi-manage cities tool? Playmesh had said they are trying to figure it out and help to improve the game since last years till now 2012 going to end. How long does it take more? I doesn't need nice graphic for my troops, I doesn't need new top bar , I doesn't need big gold coin tab!!

No doubt valor is the best game I ever play in iPhone, I sincerely thanks to Playmesh for creating thi game to make my life interesting and now a little bit time wasting.

I hope Playmesh really listen to players opinion to improve the game. The meaning of improve is to let players feel more easily to manage the whole game and less crash, not to decorate the game and make the gold coin more easily to be seen by players.

Cheers :)

Incoming Attack Issue. Will be resolved early January. It would be done next week, but Apple shuts down the store for the Holidays so we need to wait. We are implementing an option that allows you to push the cities with incoming attacks to the top of the sidebar.

Multi-City Management. It takes some time because we need to radically redesign certain areas of code so people can receive information from hundreds of cities without significantly lagging the game. The spec for MCM is already complete (and will make everyone's lives a lot easier), and is prioritized for development this month and next. I wish I could have made changes earlier, but I want you to know that it has been something I've been pushing very hard toward and I am committed to seeing significant improvements in MCM.

Playing with 100+ Cities. We have accounts with a high number of cities and there's a reason why MCM has been high on my to do list since I came on as lead 4 months ago. Alas, moving forward on it has been impacted by technological constraints (which we are working on resolving). A lot of the topbar redesign and sidebar implementation are foundational elements of the things we will be building on for MCM. That's the big reason for me forcing an upgrade to the top bar despite the deep affection certain players have for toggle arrows. :D

Pushing Trial By Sword before MCM. A lot of the MCM issues stem from enormous worlds with too many easy cities. People expand rapidly and end up with large empires without a clear win condition. Trial By Sword was created to resolve some of the MCM issues by making the worlds smaller and winnable without requiring a single player to control thousands of cities. I recognize that this doesn't resolve issues for players in older worlds, but if the game is going to grow and thrive, it needed to evolve.

Zelmo
Lancer

Postby Zelmo » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:40 am

It's great to know the incoming attack problem will be resolve next year Jan, that's a great update for us. Pushing up those under attack cities on the city list will be a great idea and it will let us know which cities need support ASAP.

For the MCM, is it free to all users or we need to spend gold to get it? Does the MCM cover everything players need? Build troops at the same time include buying scholarship and etc. I hope the is a trial version of spec for the MCM tools before implement into the game, players should take a look on it to see whether this is really works for us.

Beside, there still some problems that need to be fix, for example the notification didn't pop out for a long long time. And the new update did crash a lot compare to previous update.

Anyway, thanks for the reply PwnLaw, it's great to know those problem will be solve next year, that's what players need and we will fully appreciate the effort that Playmesh put on these updates. Happy Christmas in advance :)

HeeroX
Lancer

Postby HeeroX » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:31 am

Slaskio wrote:Wow dude great points made, I am a newer player and am reaching 50 cities. It's rather annoying to "swipe" my way through cities only to have to wait and let it load just to manage that one specific city. Thankfully I'm not to the point of 100+ cities yet. The game is amazing but as the world progresses I'm growing more and more frustrated with the lag with larger players. Playmesh seems too focused on gaining new players and not enough on keeping the older players. I'd also like to add finding my 'hidden' scholars is annoying as half the time I forget where I built then and end up spending quite a bit of time looking at an entire region of my cities. We need a true city overview that displays troops, res, and incoming/outgoing attacks/support.

Yeah, you have a point slaskio, but the only temporary remedy I always tell you guys in W87, and I always do is using our excel file and that excel file contains all the cities that each of our members have with each name and location. Playmesh I also would suggest please put an "check all box in the report mail", its hard for players to delete all unnecessary reports by clicking and checking each report before clicking the delete button located above. Hope you will add it in the next update release.

Second, I agree with Slaskio about the delays of on knowing which city/cities that been under attack. But what I always says to my guilds including to Slaskio is that the background music is more reliable/updated in knowing when you are first been under attack, since I guess due to that the music is already in the device and only "on" and "off" of the under attack background music. Managing a cities more than 100 is really a pain to the player side, I know this since in the previous world I was lucky to manage more than 1000 cities, but it really pain in the ass.

And by the way playmesh, I would like to confirm, that the principle behind the TT even players wont able to see the first time notice an incoming attack, like noticing only the incoming attack after 1 hour is just based on the physic principle "1 moving object with constant speed to inside a grid". It might help me to finalize my second excel file. I hope its okey to know and won't affect any playmesh incomes (instant reveals).

UA Woof Pack - HeeroX

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:13 pm

Zelmo wrote:It's great to know the incoming attack problem will be resolve next year Jan, that's a great update for us. Pushing up those under attack cities on the city list will be a great idea and it will let us know which cities need support ASAP.

For the MCM, is it free to all users or we need to spend gold to get it? Does the MCM cover everything players need? Build troops at the same time include buying scholarship and etc. I hope the is a trial version of spec for the MCM tools before implement into the game, players should take a look on it to see whether this is really works for us.

Beside, there still some problems that need to be fix, for example the notification didn't pop out for a long long time. And the new update did crash a lot compare to previous update.

Anyway, thanks for the reply PwnLaw, it's great to know those problem will be solve next year, that's what players need and we will fully appreciate the effort that Playmesh put on these updates. Happy Christmas in advance :)

Current spec is to have the basic functionality free with certain additions/upgrades being paid.

Return to “General”