Semi Finals

General topics and discussion on Valor.
ThatValorPlayer
Knight

Semi Finals

Postby ThatValorPlayer » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:15 pm

Wondering what happened with the semi final start time? When I went to bed, the wiki said 1800 start. I triple checked so I wouldn't miss it.
Woke up 4am and bam, it's starting - and hour early. Just finished and checked the wiki, it's been changed to 1700.

I'm personally less affected by this than the say.. 5 serious TOC contenders that missed check-in.

Anyway. Congrats to those that qualified for the grand final, I look forward to seeing who wins this! :-)
┏( -_-)┛..::LtFarrk::..┗(-_- )┓

Kingjason666
Knight

Postby Kingjason666 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:30 pm

Well I was one of those guys that missed the start cause I trusted quark website. I am so angry at this every ToC has been 18:00 and to change it to 17:00 but still has website at 18:00 ( only spot you can check time after u have accepted invite) I just wrong.

I believe I had a great chance at making the final and possibly winning it all. Now I don't even get to die in battle because quark decided to change times.

5 out of 48 players missed the start time so 12% didn't get to play and I have spoke with a few of them and they all trusted the website.
But not only did I not get to play but the small team I was playing with ( as there were big teams in ToC) got screwed as well as I wasn't theipre to help them against the big team. And Im sure those in the biggest team to me would agree that without me in the enemy team it left a whole that made it easier to kill players. So not only did this time change destroy my chance for glory but it took away others that were counting on me.

Sure quark gave out free gold cause website was wrong and we lost our spot. But $3kus and name in lights is what we wanted.
I am calling on quark to do what they did in q1 when they screwed up the gameplay. And redo the semis next weekend and give everyone a fair chance

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:58 pm

I'd be willing to bet it had something to do with Daylight Savings Time, here in the States. Perfect opportunity to roll back like with Q1.
W95 Praetorian Guard Guild Leader
Kakao: LordFirefall or Firefall

chimbinh
Knight

Postby chimbinh » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:05 pm

I also got screwed because of this :( . Got online 17:45 VT to check in and turned out I was 45 minutes late :( . I recieved gold compansate for this, but I wanted to fight and show my skill so bad!! My team mates also got screwed because of my absent in the battle. Please redo the semi finals!

lIIITOR2010IIll
Knight

Postby lIIITOR2010IIll » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:03 pm

I got lucky cos I checked valor on time, but I thought it was at 18:00 VT and I almost missed it as well.

Matthew618
Lancer

Postby Matthew618 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:20 pm

I'm not even in the TOC but I had the same thought as Firefall above. I'd bet it had something to do with the Daylight Saving change. An internal system clock was overlooked or something.

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:54 pm

The website had the incorrect time.

The internal (in Valor tournament notice) that all players received had the correct time on it.

In this case 1 out of the 2 information sources for the tournament start time (1st being in game and 2nd being the website) was incorrect.

Those who missed the semi finals because of this can contact the support team, but the Semi Finals will not be receiving a re do.

Akhilesh
Lancer

Postby Akhilesh » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:52 pm

Im fusturated too, timing was really bad, and in 3 hours you can make less then 4 hours and the start is the most important, and i missed it... for me the time changes 31.03 so yeah...
Make us Sf3 :d
Lord of Speed world's

Ryski
Lancer

Postby Ryski » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:37 am

Maybe the 5 players that missed out could play a 5 person speed world and the winner gets into the finals? Don't know if that extra person would mess up the 16 person map tho. It's unfortunate that 5 good players missed a chance to play in the semifinals.

Kingjason666
Knight

Postby Kingjason666 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:16 pm

That would be a good idea. The 5 of us that missed it play a SW and winner gets 17th spot in final.
I already know of about 4 people that can't play the final cause of real life issues.

Return to “General”