Estimated time ???

General topics and discussion on Valor.
Poisonousdeath
Knight

Estimated time ???

Postby Poisonousdeath » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:27 am

Hey valor team have we got an estimated time of when valor will be up yet.

mclueppers2
Knight

Postby mclueppers2 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:33 am

If the times in the official announcement are in GMT then we miss any update for the past 7-8 hours. It's really a nice way to keep us whining. I already regret the fact that I spent real money for a game that lacks proper support team.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:38 am

This is the update thread:

http://forum.quarkgames.com/showthread.php?6230-Valor-Status-as-of-4-22-13-at-17-38-hours.-Valor-is-down!

They most likely ran out of Red Bull and called it a night.
W95 Praetorian Guard Guild Leader
Kakao: LordFirefall or Firefall

DirtySouthATL
Guardian

Postby DirtySouthATL » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:30 am

They can't place all the blame on amazon this time. I'm watching the server status and they are all green..........
Valor is the eHarmony of the nerd world

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:35 am

DirtySouthATL wrote:They can't place all the blame on amazon this time. I'm watching the server status and they are all green..........

They aren't trying. Problems with servers happen, regardless of what kind of emergency planning you do.

DirtySouthATL
Guardian

Postby DirtySouthATL » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:48 am

Hey just stating facts. I would just like to know what happened with their back up plan they stated they were going to put in place....

wait, didn't they move their environment to google vs amazon?

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:53 am

I don't remember seeing anything about moving to Google vs. AWS. As far as a backup plan, none of them are bulletproof.

michseeine
Lancer

Postby michseeine » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:04 am

i guess it wasn't / isn't a hardware issue ...

Plaperriere
Lancer

Postby Plaperriere » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:28 am

Hey Lion...I appreciate your defense of the team at Quark. I do. I think everyone here is passionate about this game otherwise they wouldnt be on here chirping about status updates, etc. But, there is no proof to Quark taking the money that a good chunk of us give weekly, monthly...etc...towards a back-up. In the Corporate world...you can say all that you want ("We will make the necessary adjustments and upgrades so this doesnt happen again"). But, saying and doing are two totally different things. There was never any admission that after the Amazon debacle happened, that we were told of the steps they took to fix the problem from happening again. Once it is behind you (in the corporate world), you move on and "hope" that it doesnt happen again, and spend the money on other things. It takes $$$ to prevent things like this to happen, and I dont think Quark is as dedicated to preventing these problems as much as they say they do. We have servers go down, and within 24 hours...they are back up. Why? Because there is a contingency plan. Quark is not the Federal government...so your reference to data is not that compelling to me. Do they have a lot of data, sure. But, I would guess no more than what I have in our company (which consists of 7 facilities in the United States). There was no back-up at all. No way. It went down and stayed down. If backup kicked in, we would have had intermittent connection during the outage. We, the consumer (and the reason they can continue to make upgrades to the game), deserve more than 200 gold and queue extenders. We deserve to have an answer to what fixes they are putting in place to prevent this from happening. The money spenders are the reason the game continues to improve. Personally, I dont care about "graphics" in the game that shows no real time battles. The game is still slow, and takes forever to load from city to city. When you have 409 cities and counting, it takes 2 1/2 hours to scroll thru everything (more if you are trying to build, check troop counts, and buy scholarships). I have yet to see any improvement to that dilemma. They took away the city manager (which used to help)...and, even worse, you have no clue where attacks are coming from when you are attacked. Another 2 hours to find an attack that landed an hour earlier because they launched from close by. So, the least they can do is make sure that down time is kept to a minimum and spend the money that people are putting into this game towards concrete things that actually work and will keep us all playing!

DirtySouthATL
Guardian

Postby DirtySouthATL » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:34 pm

Plaperriere wrote:Hey Lion...I appreciate your defense of the team at Quark. I do. I think everyone here is passionate about this game otherwise they wouldnt be on here chirping about status updates, etc. But, there is no proof to Quark taking the money that a good chunk of us give weekly, monthly...etc...towards a back-up. In the Corporate world...you can say all that you want ("We will make the necessary adjustments and upgrades so this doesnt happen again"). But, saying and doing are two totally different things. There was never any admission that after the Amazon debacle happened, that we were told of the steps they took to fix the problem from happening again. Once it is behind you (in the corporate world), you move on and "hope" that it doesnt happen again, and spend the money on other things. It takes $$$ to prevent things like this to happen, and I dont think Quark is as dedicated to preventing these problems as much as they say they do. We have servers go down, and within 24 hours...they are back up. Why? Because there is a contingency plan. Quark is not the Federal government...so your reference to data is not that compelling to me. Do they have a lot of data, sure. But, I would guess no more than what I have in our company (which consists of 7 facilities in the United States). There was no back-up at all. No way. It went down and stayed down. If backup kicked in, we would have had intermittent connection during the outage. We, the consumer (and the reason they can continue to make upgrades to the game), deserve more than 200 gold and queue extenders. We deserve to have an answer to what fixes they are putting in place to prevent this from happening. The money spenders are the reason the game continues to improve. Personally, I dont care about "graphics" in the game that shows no real time battles. The game is still slow, and takes forever to load from city to city. When you have 409 cities and counting, it takes 2 1/2 hours to scroll thru everything (more if you are trying to build, check troop counts, and buy scholarships). I have yet to see any improvement to that dilemma. They took away the city manager (which used to help)...and, even worse, you have no clue where attacks are coming from when you are attacked. Another 2 hours to find an attack that landed an hour earlier because they launched from close by. So, the least they can do is make sure that down time is kept to a minimum and spend the money that people are putting into this game towards concrete things that actually work and will keep us all playing!

what he said

Return to “General”