Screw TBS

General topics and discussion on Valor.
Aethlstan
Guardian

Screw TBS

Postby Aethlstan » Wed May 01, 2013 2:21 pm

You know i was quite looking forward to being able to play with my old IOS friends once Android got TBS. Well, guess what? They all quit playing. Why? TBS. So ive decided id rather not rejoin IOS.

Here is my idea: Yall already got two seperate games out there. Instead of switching Android over to TBS tomorrow keep it legacy. Make its world populations 60k, the whole nine yards. Shouldnt be too hard, and it will give your players options, since its too "resource intensive" for you to give IOS people options.

My friends from IOS dont play valor since TBS came out so I really dont need IOS and Android to be compatible anymore.

Oh, and btw, when TBS arrives tomorrow, that wil be the beginning of the end for me on Valor. Ill play a world or two, see what has changed since I last played TBS, but after that its Auf Weiderschnitzel(yes. Schnitzel) to valor.

My friends te me i shouldnt even bother looking at TBS now but I am curious. After my looksee im quitting. Ill find a clone of the original valor to play. It wont be as good but it will be better than TBS thats for sure.

Greyhigh
Guardian

Postby Greyhigh » Wed May 01, 2013 2:40 pm

All I need to say to these complainers is: "au revoir"

Greenthorne
Knight

Postby Greenthorne » Wed May 01, 2013 2:42 pm

We plan on releasing Legacy Worlds in the future, though I don't have an exact time for it yet. I'll let you all know as soon as we have more a timeline finalized for this.
Useful Links:
Have a question? Submit a ticket here!
Valor on Facebook
Valor on Twitter
Official Valor Website

Jothemaster
Guardian

Postby Jothemaster » Wed May 01, 2013 4:50 pm

Aethlstan wrote:You know i was quite looking forward to being able to play with my old IOS friends once Android got TBS. Well, guess what? They all quit playing. Why? TBS. So ive decided id rather not rejoin IOS.

Here is my idea: Yall already got two seperate games out there. Instead of switching Android over to TBS tomorrow keep it legacy. Make its world populations 60k, the whole nine yards. Shouldnt be too hard, and it will give your players options, since its too "resource intensive" for you to give IOS people options.

My friends from IOS dont play valor since TBS came out so I really dont need IOS and Android to be compatible anymore.

Oh, and btw, when TBS arrives tomorrow, that wil be the beginning of the end for me on Valor. Ill play a world or two, see what has changed since I last played TBS, but after that its Auf Weiderschnitzel(yes. Schnitzel) to valor.

My friends te me i shouldnt even bother looking at TBS now but I am curious. After my looksee im quitting. Ill find a clone of the original valor to play. It wont be as good but it will be better than TBS thats for sure.

1. If your gonna act like a d1ck, put a c0nd*m on your head.
2. If your gonna quit, you dont need to announce ot the whole GD world.
3. I quit becuase i hated it, then came back 2 months later, played a speed world, and then was hooked again.
Member of the w66 Kick Ass Crew
Kakao: Jothemaster (name is MAJORASXWRATH)
IGNS: MAJORASXWRATH
WRATHXOFXMAJORA
MyDreamMods
TheTrolkin
See Yall Fallin Down That Big Deep Hole =).

Aethlstan
Guardian

Postby Aethlstan » Wed May 01, 2013 11:11 pm

Lol you fail jon. So do you greyhigh. Input like this is feedback Quark deserves to hear. An entire group of people, over 100, left the game. Creating a gold system that forces people to buy to remain competitive is no way to go about making money.its a perfect way to run a game into the ground. Eventually all the non spenders
Quit, less new people join, then the gold spenders start drifting away because less people play the game
Its how many games have died. And thats where quark is going with a TBS only future. Leaving the gold out of the equation, TBS drastically reduced their playerbase as those who work long hours no longer have the ability to play competitively. This alone could eventually lead to ruin. Legacy at least was more forgiving if you were away from your phone for 10 hrs.

Interesting, greenthorne, thanks for the response. I'll definitely stick around if you are returning Legacy. Anxious to see what the timeline is.

Strahd11
Knight

Postby Strahd11 » Thu May 02, 2013 12:34 am

Agreed aethlstan, this is exactly what this forum is for. Feedback and the release of info. from quark. As far as tbs goes I agree, the game is really different now. Which in a way is a good thing. But in others not so good. Remember what made valor awesome? The epic battles, the wars that went on for weeks, months, even years. Figuring out who was around and who was active out of the 60k players. Just look at how many people are staying in the "old"legacy worlds. That information alone should speak volumes.
Kakao id: Strahd49
Strength and honor

Jothemaster
Guardian

Postby Jothemaster » Thu May 02, 2013 5:14 am

Aethlstan wrote:Lol you fail jon. So do you greyhigh. Input like this is feedback Quark deserves to hear. An entire group of people, over 100, left the game. Creating a gold system that forces people to buy to remain competitive is no way to go about making money.its a perfect way to run a game into the ground. Eventually all the non spenders
Quit, less new people join, then the gold spenders start drifting away because less people play the game
Its how many games have died. And thats where quark is going with a TBS only future. Leaving the gold out of the equation, TBS drastically reduced their playerbase as those who work long hours no longer have the ability to play competitively. This alone could eventually lead to ruin. Legacy at least was more forgiving if you were away from your phone for 10 hrs.

Interesting, greenthorne, thanks for the response. I'll definitely stick around if you are returning Legacy. Anxious to see what the timeline is.

I spend ~ 400 gold per world, queue and boosters. People spen 500$ per world. Makes no difference in your eyes i see. Join a good guild, have good allies, and you can win no poblem to those 500$ players. I have an iPod and am unavailable for 9 hours every day because of school, and i STILL haven't been taken out. Seems like your all negative can't wait to do a world with you and have my guild farm you 24/7 :P. And its not Jon you ding0.

WRATHXOFXMAJORA

MyDreamMods

TheTrolkin

Jothemaster
Guardian

Postby Jothemaster » Thu May 02, 2013 5:17 am

Aethlstan wrote:Lol you fail jon. So do you greyhigh. Input like this is feedback Quark deserves to hear. An entire group of people, over 100, left the game. Creating a gold system that forces people to buy to remain competitive is no way to go about making money.its a perfect way to run a game into the ground. Eventually all the non spenders

And, even after TBS, you can still play your legacy worlds. Im still in 66 and am active in it as wel as my TBS world. Nobody ever said you MUST abandon your legacy worlds and go to these tiny TBS worlds many people including myself really don't like.

WRATHXOFXMAJORA

MyDreamMods

TheTrolkin

Strahd11
Knight

Postby Strahd11 » Thu May 02, 2013 6:46 am

Jothemaster wrote:And, even after TBS, you can still play your legacy worlds. Im still in 66 and am active in it as wel as my TBS world. Nobody ever said you MUST abandon your legacy worlds and go to these tiny TBS worlds many people including myself really don't like.

Read the post Jo, he/she is saying they were looking forward to playing with old friends who either have androids or not. You know mixing both iOS and droid players, which they did, but only tbs worlds. Instead of attacking someone try understanding what they're saying.
Kakao id: Strahd49

Strength and honor

Aethlstan
Guardian

Postby Aethlstan » Thu May 02, 2013 3:46 pm

People like jo dont think like that strahd. Their disdain blinds them. I no longer have my legacy worlds. The email i used for that account died and so did the IOS device i had it on.

Also your kind of gold use is not what i was talking about and you know it. I too spend gold on extenders, but not boosters. I support this company all i ask is that they listen to the playerbase if they want to keep getting my money.

As for you not being dead in your worlds thats circumstantial. You might be able to sit on your phone all 6 hrs after work before you go to bed. Who knows.

Return to “General”