All Guardians City Build

General topics and discussion on Valor.
ShadowSiN
Lancer

All Guardians City Build

Postby ShadowSiN » Tue May 14, 2013 6:13 am

Hi guys. I recently capped a city and i only has CH15 Barracks 10 Stable 10 and Farm 20 Forge 15. I wanted this to be a Guardian only city, as it is in the middle of the cluster and it would be easier for support. What would i do to maximise the amount if guards that i can train? Im thinking of maxing res, warehouse, wall, farm and stable only. Would I also downgrade the CH and forge? Cuz i dont care abt the points right now. Thanks

AnarcNeedsHelp
Lancer

Postby AnarcNeedsHelp » Tue May 14, 2013 12:59 pm

ShadowSiN wrote:Hi guys. I recently capped a city and i only has CH15 Barracks 10 Stable 10 and Farm 20 Forge 15. I wanted this to be a Guardian only city, as it is in the middle of the cluster and it would be easier for support. What would i do to maximise the amount if guards that i can train? Im thinking of maxing res, warehouse, wall, farm and stable only. Would I also downgrade the CH and forge? Cuz i dont care abt the points right now. Thanks

If you're looking for the maximum number of guards without regard to the city's point value what you can do is upgrade stables to 20, resources to 30/30/30, wall to 25, and farm/warehouse maxed out. Demolish everything else and finish by demolishing the city hall. I've done this before but it's been over a year. If I remember correctly I had something like 5,600 guardians in my city when I did so. However I don't do it anymore because I don't feel it's a viable option in old style worlds simply because I don't empty every city once a week. So resources tend to pile up and are needed for scholarships. I prefer to build my cities to around 32,000 points and they can hold around 5,100 guardians.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Tue May 14, 2013 1:20 pm

Running with all guards is a losing strategy, unless you don't attack or defend much. The retraining time takes forever. You can restock a completely depleted city in about 1/2 the time if you use a combined arms approach, vice a guard centric strategy.
W95 Praetorian Guard Guild Leader
Kakao: LordFirefall or Firefall

Greenthorne
Knight

Postby Greenthorne » Wed May 15, 2013 10:45 pm

When would it be good to run an all guard strategy?
Useful Links:
Have a question? Submit a ticket here!
Valor on Facebook
Valor on Twitter
Official Valor Website

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Thu May 16, 2013 4:36 am

Greenthorne wrote:When would it be good to run an all guard strategy?

Personally, I don't believe an all guard strategy works for anything. What you gain in versatility is lost in retrain time when they die. The only all guard cities I have is when I inherit them, and that only lasts a few days until they die in battle.

Poisonousdeath
Knight

Postby Poisonousdeath » Thu May 16, 2013 4:47 am

LordFirefall wrote:Personally, I don't believe an all guard strategy works for anything. What you gain in versatility is lost in retrain time when they die.

I agree its a waste of time I tend to keep my city around the 28k-31k mark an aim for 2k lancers and 2k sents with 4k guards which is the maximum a city of that size can hold in the new worlds works really well especially if your under attack an have a lvl 25 wall the strategy alot use in the new worlds are to fight with zerks and to kill 10k guards behind a lvl 25 wall normally takes close to 60k-70k zerks to clear so having 2-3 city's with about 3k guards in each will work as an advantage

Nachos2
Knight

Postby Nachos2 » Sun May 19, 2013 8:42 am

LordFirefall wrote:Running with all guards is a losing strategy, unless you don't attack or defend much. The retraining time takes forever. You can restock a completely depleted city in about 1/2 the time if you use a combined arms approach, vice a guard centric strategy.

Where are you getting this info from? Guards don't take longer to build than any other unit. If you want a major nuke a great build is 10,000 berserkers 2,400 knights and 600 rams. To build that troop build from 0 to 100% it takes 6 days. If you want to go full defense a good balanced build is 10,000 lancers and.10,000 sentries. It takes 5 1/3 days to build 10,000 lancers and it takes 8 days to build 10,000 sentries. However they both build in the barracks so you can't build at the same time. Meaning that defensive build takes 13 1/3 days to build it. It takes 6 1/2 days to build 5,000 guardians. That's barely 12 hours longer than a full nuke, and less than 1/3 the time of a full defense build. In old worlds I build 99% of my cities as full guardians. In new style worlds I build guardians in my lord cities as well. It's a good build if you make sure you have a good mix if L/S/B in your barb cities.

Nachos2
Knight

Postby Nachos2 » Sun May 19, 2013 8:43 am

Correction, guardians take 1/2 the build time of the lancer sentry build, not 1/3. That was a typo.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Sun May 19, 2013 9:01 am

Nachos2 wrote:Where are you getting this info from? Guards don't take longer to build than any other unit.

Its common sense and basic logistics. People using an all guard strategy are using one training center. A combined arms approach (one that uses lancer/sentry/guard for defense and zerk/(knight or guard)/ram for offense) will train much faster than one who uses just guards. The logistics piece comes in because using a combined arms approach takes up a more even distribution of resources than doing all of one type. I can restock a pure attack city in about 3.5 days on a WS2/US1 world, using that strategy, and the same goes for a pure defense city.

ShadowSiN
Lancer

Postby ShadowSiN » Mon May 20, 2013 7:16 am

Guys. Im using asking for the guards strategy bcuz i want to have full defense on one city. I got 18 cities only (bcuz im not that active) and that 15 barbs 3 LCs. I want one LC to have PURE DEFENSE bcuz its on the center of the cluster and i want to support from one city to another fast. Guards is the fastest def unit.. So what would be an easier strategy for pure defense? Combination of guards and sents? The war in the world is going on and off so i wanna prepare defenses cuz my barbs currently got 1k lancers 1.5k sents and 4k zerks

Return to “General”