How does players gain so much points so fast for competition?

Before posting a question, use the forum search.
Avikal
Knight

Postby Avikal » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:54 am

A week is fine. If v r behind, we have chances to grow and top

DEADxORxALIVE
Lancer

Postby DEADxORxALIVE » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:39 am

There is! And its called the ranking system.... The point of this "competition" is so that guilds can COMPETE with each other to be #1!!! :)

larlis
Guardian

Postby larlis » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:34 am

DEADxORxALIVE wrote:There is! And its called the ranking system.... The point of this "competition" is so that guilds can COMPETE with each other to be #1!!! :)

...Clever there weren't you...

DEADxORxALIVE
Lancer

Postby DEADxORxALIVE » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:45 am

larlis wrote:...Clever there weren't you...

Thank you ;)

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:02 pm

larlis wrote:I think you should have different times on the competitions... This one was one week, next one 48 hrs etc.
I also think you guys should have guild competitions. This individual is fun but what would endorse teamwork more is a competition for all members to strive for the same goal.

I expect we'll be doing a lot of funky/cool things with competitions over time. Our first experiments on world 74/75 gave us some thoughts which resulted in this most recent round of competitions. After this round, we're gonna sit down with the data and see what the players liked and didn't like. Then we'll move on to the next step. It'd be awesome if we could guess at the perfect competition set up on the first try, but I expect that's not a reasonable expectation. :'(

I'm glad you like the competitions though. Guild competitions are something we've definitely considered in the past and it's something I expect us to consider again in the future. :D

Mosser
Knight

Postby Mosser » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:28 am

I still haven't participated in a competition. I wish they'd happen more frequently.

Sharoman
Lancer

Postby Sharoman » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:08 am

PwnLaw wrote:I expect we'll be doing a lot of funky/cool things with competitions over time. Our first experiments on world 74/75 gave us some thoughts which resulted in this most recent round of competitions. After this round, we're gonna sit down with the data and see what the players liked and didn't like. Then we'll move on to the next step. It'd be awesome if we could guess at the perfect competition set up on the first try, but I expect that's not a reasonable expectation. :'(

I'm glad you like the competitions though. Guild competitions are something we've definitely considered in the past and it's something I expect us to consider again in the future. :D

That's really great to hear! IMO we need more competitions in the game, both in numbers and frequency.
I also agree with larlis about the different times for each competition.

Bdenuto
Knight

Postby Bdenuto » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:47 am

I think that you should give away gold instead of specific items. That way, I can decide what I want to do with it.

Sharoman
Lancer

Postby Sharoman » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:34 am

Bdenuto wrote:I think that you should give away gold instead of specific items. That way, I can decide what I want to do with it.

They are. This competition's reward is both 200 gold and an extented que.

Buffpants
Lancer

Postby Buffpants » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:21 am

I'm new to Valor (<= 1 wk) and wasn't expecting a comp, so when it happened, it completely changed my strategy. Had a great time with it! When are rewards issued? Keep up the good work.

Return to “Questions”