How does players gain so much points so fast for competition?

Before posting a question, use the forum search.
bellz17
Knight

Postby bellz17 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:44 am

I enjoy the 1 week time limit. However i hope that the 'top 20' prizes are different for the different types of competitions...now that i have a permanent extender...i hope there is incentive for me to stay involved in them!

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:43 pm

Buffpants wrote:I'm new to Valor (<= 1 wk) and wasn't expecting a comp, so when it happened, it completely changed my strategy. Had a great time with it! When are rewards issued? Keep up the good work.

Glad you enjoyed them Buffpants! Honestly, we were really happy with the results of the competitions. Players played a lot more (which is what we care most about), and it really seems like folks got into the competitive spirit. We're going through the data and making some plans on where to go next. It's definitely a feature we're planning on sticking with (I'm the guy who makes that decision).

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:44 pm

bellz17 wrote:I enjoy the 1 week time limit. However i hope that the 'top 20' prizes are different for the different types of competitions...now that i have a permanent extender...i hope there is incentive for me to stay involved in them!

Hey Bellz -- Glad you enjoyed the competition. We're certainly going to look into doing a broad range of prizes over time. You'll definitely get some repeats, but the hope is that we can expand the offerings a bit. We're working on a few projects that should help on this front, but they're a few months out. I'm as impatient as you are.

ASIANBOSS
Lancer

Postby ASIANBOSS » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:01 am

I think using gold in the competitions should be prohibited the people with gold win its not a competition

Return to “Questions”