Threats

Before posting a question, use the forum search.
Valorgamer
Guardian

Threats

Postby Valorgamer » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:48 pm

Where in the game does it say if you politely turn down an invite to join a guild but suggest your own guild becomes a sister guild does it say its right you should be threatened to join or else be taken over ? If that's the case all your none paying gamers have no chance, now I pay a far amount just to try and keep up in fact I've spent more on this 'free' app than I would have on a xbox game now fair enough if I attacked someone bigger than me or in a bigger guild I should expect to get my ass served to me on a plate but neither of these is the case, I'm 4th largest in my region my guild is the largest in the region and yet we are soon to lose it all because we won't join the 2 largest guid on the world. If that's the case playmesh then you could soon be losing another paying customer as that's not on

Mr. O
Scholar

Postby Mr. O » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:11 am

That is the problem with an MMO.
People.

Its a great atmosphere when people play maturely. Start a war, fight a war, whatever, but as long as the game play is being run by, shall we say, the mature, then everything will go smoothly. Even if you lose.

The downside however, is that people are people and not everyone is going to see it the same way as you. I sympathize with your plight as i have been subject to the same type of events. The problem with this is that what you have described isnt breaking any rules and i dont see a way that you can set up rules to prevent this. If you have any suggestions to the contrary, im all ears. In the mean time, i would suggest either some good diplomacy, or some good defense.... (Wish i had a better suggestion)
For support in game, please go to:
Portal > ? (Question Mark - Upper right of the screen) > Support > Mail Icon
For support outside of the game, please go to:
http://playmesh.zendesk.com/home

RockNRoll
Knight

Postby RockNRoll » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:04 am

To be fair though, this is a game that simulates war and that threat does happen in the real world. These days it's more limited to gangs, but it did happen centuries ago and even happened up to at least WW2. Not that I think it's cool that it happens but it's pretty realistic

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:06 am

As Mr.O said I can't think of any rules they would be breaking with this.

Does anybody have any sort of suggestion of a way something like this could be prevented? Should it be prevented?

Stark Bledfast
Guardian

Postby Stark Bledfast » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:24 pm

As long as players are allowed to attack other players, instead of limited to attacking NPCs (ie., barbarian cities), then this type of thing will happen ad nauseum. It will directly lead to some players leaving, and others coming in. It is the way of things.

One can have policies for outright abuse (especially mail messages that are profane and/or abusive in a non-roleplaying manner). Douchebags are generally better off being banned because of what they are. But simply attacking other people, or "forcing" them to join their guild is not something that can be discouraged effectively. What one person calls a threat, others call either hard diplomacy or a simple affirmation of reality. Let's face it, this game is about conquering the world. Can't hardly do that if you leave people not in your guild alone, now can you? Sooner or later you're either "with us or against us." So if someone chooses not to join a powerful guild and, as a result, they are warred against... well, that is part of the game.

Yes it stinks when you're the little guy and getting beaten up. And it is awesome when you're the big guy tearing through the enemy's ranks with your guild cheering you on. It's two sides of the same coin.

RockNRoll
Knight

Postby RockNRoll » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:59 pm

Well in the case of my guild we have utilized such tactics, but more so as a mercy thing. Some of them were attacking some of us (where as the rest were pretty peaceful) so we decided to wipe that guild off our grid. We went after the attackers obviously but we told the rest of that guild that if they wanted to survive our wrath they could join our guild. Otherwise they had to go as well. And it worked out ok. They joined us, seem overall happier, and even contribute in a way that they didn't seem to do in the previous guild. So I'm fine with the threats. It's realistic by giving players freedom to be their own dictator however they choose, and it allows for scenarios like I gave

Stark Bledfast
Guardian

Postby Stark Bledfast » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:04 pm

Yeah... in my case I was in a fairly peaceful guild, minding my own business and feeding off of the local barb tribes. Then a nearby, larger guild, started attacking us. I watched as their armies got closer, taking the cities of my guildies left and right. I was already the biggest member of my guild, and pretty soon it became obvious to me that I would be next. While I wasn't small, there was no way I could fight the combined might of their guild (not to mention they had members bigger than I was). So I came to the only conclusion that any survivalist could possibly come to: I mailed their leader and offered to join their guild. They accepted, I left and joined their guild.

It sucked leaving, but it is the way of things. Had I not then I would have been wiped from that world long, long ago. I consider it part of the game.

Return to “Questions”