Why do guilds with the same brand aren't together?

Before posting a question, use the forum search.
donut
Guardian

Why do guilds with the same brand aren't together?

Postby donut » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:11 pm

Yes this is another question about guild groups aka coalitions or whatever you want to call it.

So my question is: how come guilds with the same brand don't seem to be allies??

Like for Example (all the names are made up): A guild named "PTP Fire" would be allied with a guild called "PTP Fire 2". But "PTP Fire" is not allied with "PTP Silverlight". How come?? They all share the same brand which is "PTP".

Have I got this all mixed up? Is it that 30 guilds who have the same brand share nothing in common?

Rehiula
Lancer

Postby Rehiula » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:08 am

I am pretty sure everyone in the coalition will know another PTP is an ally. It would take too much time for every 30 guilds to get the other 29 guilds added to the ally list. The Tag PTP is to show they are of the same and you shouldn't attack them.

Hiitsmeeeeeee
Knight

Postby Hiitsmeeeeeee » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:26 am

This happened in one of my worlds. Once you get big enough guilds change their name to "PTP" so they won't be attacked by the alliance. Also other guilds won't attack them since they are in the alliance. They think they can sneak into the alliance without being asked in and will be invisible for it.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:17 am

Generally, if someone uses a tag like that, it's worth a kill on sight. If not that, the real "PTP" makes sure everyone knows the fake is a fake.

larlis
Guardian

Postby larlis » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:18 am

donut wrote:Yes this is another question about guild groups aka coalitions or whatever you want to call it.

So my question is: how come guilds with the same brand don't seem to be allies??

Like for Example (all the names are made up): A guild named "PTP Fire" would be allied with a guild called "PTP Fire 2". But "PTP Fire" is not allied with "PTP Silverlight". How come?? They all share the same brand which is "PTP".

Have I got this all mixed up? Is it that 30 guilds who have the same brand share nothing in common?

The only way to see any guilds diplomatic status is to be in one of the guilds in question... So I wonder why you don't post this as a question in your guild..? Surely they would be the ones better to answer it.
But yes as said above, people in a coalition with a prefix like you described knows they are allies with guilds w the same prefix.
And guilds trying to hide under the same prefix without actually being in the same coalition often pay the price for it so in the long run I don't think its a good strategy.

donut
Guardian

Postby donut » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:08 pm

I'm not in one of those guilds. I know their diplomatic status because a lot of guilds proudly brag about it on their guild profile.

Return to “Questions”