PlayMesh Game Design Open Thread

Before posting a question, use the forum search.
PwnLaw

PlayMesh Game Design Open Thread

Postby PwnLaw » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:27 pm

Hey Folks,

I lead up design on Valor over here at PlayMesh. I'm in the middle of a huge project for Valor, but I figured I would drop in and talk shop with the players. I can't let Orlor have all the fun.

So if you have questions or thoughts, just leave a note. You probably won't get me to reveal much about upcoming features, but I'm happy to talk about your ideas as well as some of the choices we've made in Valor.

If you're gonna troll this thread, you should make sure the trolling is brilliant. I expect nothing less from you fine folks.

awsomator
Guardian

Postby awsomator » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:53 pm

Will there be any special features to W100?

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:11 am

awsomator wrote:Will there be any special features to W100?

Hmm...honestly haven't considered it. We're in the middle of a huge push for the game and I expect that'll end up taking precedence. But maybe...

awsomator
Guardian

Postby awsomator » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:16 am

I hope it's 2-2 speed with 60 member guilds if there isn't any special features.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:02 am

PwnLaw, we really need something that speeds up play for folks with 50+ cities. There's no fun to be had scrolling through cities for 2 hours and purchasing scholarships. A mass scholarship purchase option, for all cities at once, would be greatly appreciated. It would free up 2-3 hours a day for me so I could devote more time to killing ;)

Something else that is desperately needed is a fix that actually caches data. Everytime I click on a city nowadays, it spends 20-30 seconds loading data. Multiply that by the 150+ cities and it is a huge time waster.

Avikal
Knight

Postby Avikal » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:35 am

Get twitter back to old model iPod users. Make us happy

awsomator
Guardian

Postby awsomator » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:02 pm

How often wil comps start?

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:25 pm

LordFirefall wrote:PwnLaw, we really need something that speeds up play for folks with 50+ cities. There's no fun to be had scrolling through cities for 2 hours and purchasing scholarships. A mass scholarship purchase option, for all cities at once, would be greatly appreciated. It would free up 2-3 hours a day for me so I could devote more time to killing ;)

Something else that is desperately needed is a fix that actually caches data. Everytime I click on a city nowadays, it spends 20-30 seconds loading data. Multiply that by the 150+ cities and it is a huge time waster.

I think we're all pretty unsatisfied with how multi-city management is being "handled" right now. We're considering a few options (making the worlds smaller, adding in more tools for multi-city management, etc.), and I expect we'll see some movement on this in the future. A lot will depend on how it is prioritized versus the major features we're currently working on.

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:32 pm

awsomator wrote:How often wil comps start?

This week has been the first step in our testing process to figure out what you guys like/don't like about competitions. We're going to keep iterating on these competitions until we feel like they meaningfully contribute to the play experience. That's my way of saying that competitions aren't going anywhere, but it may be a bit of time until it settles into a regular schedule.

awsomator
Guardian

Postby awsomator » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:50 pm

okay and a week I think is a bit long and 5 days I think would be good.im trying to hold onto gold and a diamond chance in world 30 so I'd like it to be over sooner.

Return to “Questions”