Abandon Worlds

Before posting a question, use the forum search.
Br0wncoat
Knight

Abandon Worlds

Postby Br0wncoat » Wed May 01, 2013 7:26 am

So I've read up and the general gist I get is that Quark has disabled the feature due to a large number of new players "accidentally" barbing out of worlds. So I'm creating a new forum because this is unfair. The option to leave a world is one that a player must seek out ergo there is very little room for accidental error.

Now, it's unfair that the rest of us casual players must suffer because of, from what I read, a desire to please new players who may or may not bring in new players who may or may not spend money. Isn't it a better practice to please the customers you already have? Or else you lose them and you MIGHT replace them with new. Maybe, but a few well placed negative reviews from upset seasoned players and no one will download. That being said, barbing is a tactic left to those players who are being bullied in a world, or perhaps mass killed. All they have left is to barb and cause frustration. I've done it, and I've seen it done. Not to mention the space on the world screen is obnoxious.

It seems a flimsy reason to punish all because a few can't read the words "abandon this world".

I guarantee my playtime in this game will certainly come to a middle since apparently the "new customers" are more important.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Wed May 01, 2013 2:48 pm

If you're looking to cause frustration, you can restart, and your old cities will barb. As far as the world screen goes, it sorts based on most recently accessed. I don't see how having those extra worlds there is that big of a problem. In the two years I've played, I have had guild members abandon by mistake.
W95 Praetorian Guard Guild Leader
Kakao: LordFirefall or Firefall

Br0wncoat
Knight

Postby Br0wncoat » Wed May 01, 2013 6:31 pm

You COULD restart if it worked but alas it does not work. YOU may not see it as a problem but for those of us organizationally inclined it can be extremely bothersome. ESPECIALLY knowing it could be solved simply. As far as any long time players making the mistake then perhaps some reading lessons are in order because if they can't understand the purpose of the "abandon" button means than the likelihood that they understand troops and resources and attacking is much less likely.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Wed May 01, 2013 6:47 pm

Br0wncoat wrote:You COULD restart if it worked but alas it does not work. YOU may not see it as a problem but for those of us organizationally inclined it can be extremely bothersome. ESPECIALLY knowing it could be solved simply. As far as any long time players making the mistake then perhaps some reading lessons are in order because if they can't understand the purpose of the "abandon" button means than the likelihood that they understand troops and resources and attacking is much less likely.

Restart works just fine - just tried it in a world I'm not active in. I'm about as OCD as they come, and I survive just fine.

I didn't say long time players had that problem, I said I've been playing for a long time and knew of players who had abandoned by mistake. Perhaps some reading lessons are in order?

Br0wncoat
Knight

Postby Br0wncoat » Mon May 06, 2013 8:35 pm

I think my reading is just fine. When you commented on being a "long time player, and knew of people who had these problems", it would imply that the players you are commenting about were active players which are typically players who return often.

Anyhow, the point is that the problem is annoying enough that it should be fixed considering the reason is either a farce or the world's weakest argument.

Greyhigh
Guardian

Postby Greyhigh » Tue May 07, 2013 7:47 am

LordFirefall wrote:Restart works just fine - just tried it in a world I'm not active in. I'm about as OCD as they come, and I survive just fine.

Restart only works if you have only 1 city. So, technically it doesn't work because most people looking to barb out of an old world have more than 1.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Tue May 07, 2013 8:03 am

Greyhigh wrote:Restart only works if you have only 1 city. So, technically it doesn't work because most people looking to barb out of an old world have more than 1.

Odd - had an opponent do it last month in W95.

Greyhigh
Guardian

Postby Greyhigh » Tue May 07, 2013 12:34 pm

I personally hope they bring back the abandon feature. If people are really that dumb to accidentally abandon the world they want to be in, then that is there fault, not Quarks. People need to just pay attention to what they are doing and take responsibility for their mistakes and not do it again.

admin
Lancer

Postby admin » Tue May 07, 2013 1:12 pm

We're taking in feedback regarding this, but we don't currently have any plans on bringing this back in the near future.

Greenthorne
Knight

Postby Greenthorne » Tue May 07, 2013 1:16 pm

We're taking in feedback regarding this, but we don't currently have any plans on bringing this back in the near future.
Useful Links:
Have a question? Submit a ticket here!
Valor on Facebook
Valor on Twitter
Official Valor Website

Return to “Questions”