Abandon Worlds

Before posting a question, use the forum search.
LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Tue May 07, 2013 1:49 pm

Greyhigh wrote:I personally hope they bring back the abandon feature. If people are really that dumb to accidentally abandon the world they want to be in, then that is there fault, not Quarks. People need to just pay attention to what they are doing and take responsibility for their mistakes and not do it again.

I saw mostly newbies do it. Newbies do a lot of stupid things, but are generally trainable. You stand a better chance of keeping them around for longer if you can make some of those things idiot-proof.

Orlor had mentioned putting an "are you really sure" type of prompt in there. I'm sure its a pretty low priority compared to MCM and stability issues. This struck me as the easiest interim fix.
W95 Praetorian Guard Guild Leader
Kakao: LordFirefall or Firefall

Greenthorne
Knight

Postby Greenthorne » Tue May 07, 2013 7:33 pm

I'll bring back the idea of adding that prompt. Thanks LordFirefall!
Useful Links:
Have a question? Submit a ticket here!
Valor on Facebook
Valor on Twitter
Official Valor Website

PROSGEE
Lancer

Postby PROSGEE » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:07 am

I personally don't think there is need for the prompt. If u accidentally abandon world, its a mistake u should have to learn from. It's better anyway cos if its like u say & they are newcomers, then it just reduces the number of newbies/easy targets that the seasoned players will swallow up.

How can u even say that u have removed & don't plan on bringing back the abandon option. That's like shop staff locking u in their store & saying they have the right to detain u & u can't leave until u have purchased something.

PROSGEE
Lancer

Postby PROSGEE » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:14 am

Also, Lordfirefall says "u can restart" from the way u are reasoning, it is evident that u just help make decitions but u don't even play the game to understand these things.

Why don't u try restarting in a world where the top 100+ players have over 50 cities & the world will end in a few months. Lol pointless.

In worlds before world 100 it would be an option that made sense but not anymore.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:44 am

PROSGEE wrote:Also, Lordfirefall says "u can restart" from the way u are reasoning, it is evident that u just help make decitions but u don't even play the game to understand these things.

Why don't u try restarting in a world where the top 100+ players have over 50 cities & the world will end in a few months. Lol pointless.

In worlds before world 100 it would be an option that made sense but not anymore.

I've been playing for a few years now, and still play now. The restart suggestion was to remedy having a bunch of cities - it solves that problem. It wasn't intended for a player that wanted to stay in that world.

As to your analogy of being locked in a store, how are you locked in a store? Nothing is forcing you to even check a world you don't want to be in. I've got a city in W100, merely to see who is doing what, that I check every few weeks (assuming I remember). Nothing is forcing me to play that world or spend money there.
W95 Praetorian Guard Guild Leader

Kakao: LordFirefall or Firefall

Ryski
Lancer

Postby Ryski » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:53 am

Br0wncoat wrote:That being said, barbing is a tactic left to those players who are being bullied in a world, or perhaps mass killed. All they have left is to barb and cause frustration. I've done it, and I've seen it done. Not to mention the space on the world screen is obnoxious.

I'm glad that the abandon world feature was disabled for this reason here. Abandoning a world isn't a tactic, it's being a sore loser. When a player abandons or starts over in TBS the city does not become a barb city like it did in Legacy worlds, it disappears from the map. How is that fair to the player that spent troops clearing your city to farm/cap you to come away empty handed?

Your most current active worlds stay on the top of your portal, so I don't see why that would be a problem.

MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:06 am

Ryski wrote:I'm glad that the abandon world feature was disabled for this reason here. Abandoning a world isn't a tactic, it's being a sore loser. When a player abandons or starts over in TBS the city does not become a barb city like it did in Legacy worlds, it disappears from the map. How is that fair to the player that spent troops clearing your city to farm/cap you to come away empty handed?

Your most current active worlds stay on the top of your portal, so I don't see why that would be a problem.

If I'm right, a city that has scholars inbound, or loyalty lower than 100, don't disapear when the player abandon the world (or can't he abandon in this case? IDK...)

But this disable the loosers from abandoning while sieged...

lbright90
Lancer

Same Problem

Postby lbright90 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:51 pm

Okay so I have a question then. Basically if I have some old worlds that my cities were overtaken by barbarians & that it won't let me restart in the world then I can't abandon it even if I want too? I've been trying to do this for the past 2 weeks and now this explains to me why so many attempts have failed. If you can't abandon them then why keep the button there for me to continuously hope that one minute it will work so I can clean this list up? Can you please bring the option back because I like the idea of having the option to abandon worlds.

Return to “Questions”