Workshops-who still uses them?

Discuss or develop strategies here!
ramorocks
Knight

Workshops-who still uses them?

Postby ramorocks » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:15 pm

rams? ballistas? I haven't used them since my first world.

Then again, I never attack a city unless I plan to take it over. So, why destroy wall or anything else? it's faster and cheaper to recruit troops lost in high wall battles than to build wall or other buildings. What do you guys think? are you guys still attacking with rams/ballistas?

Rats
Knight

Postby Rats » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:35 pm

I'm telling u dude when ur in a huge war u don't have time to rebuild troops so u take down the wall instead of losing over 2x the troops to take the city

Also to those who say I can just rebuild the troops faster than the wall well keep dreaming it takes a week or so to rebuild a full wave of troops and I can rebuild the wall in 4-5 days plus when I take a city I get it into chaos so taking out the wall is a must in a war

Rats
Knight

Postby Rats » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:37 pm

Oh I have an example there is this one guy that kept hitting my guild member well he never used rams ad he always failed to take the cities my guild memeber would have for sure lost the city if he had used rams

ramorocks
Knight

Postby ramorocks » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:01 pm

well I don't ever send a citiy's entire army to take out a city's troops. especially not if I have multiple cities. I stop doing that a long time ago. like you said it takes forever to recruit an entire city's army, that's why I send out waves of 500 guardians at a time from each city. it's faster to recruit 500 guardians from each city than it is to recruit 4000 guardians from two to three cities. I am always maxed out in troops this way.

larlis
Guardian

Postby larlis » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:20 am

Besides, if you're up against a active player then your only option may be to cripple the city.
I agree you don't want to destroy a city you plan to conquer but with that said, if the player defends well you might need to slow them down.
Also, the cities points may not be what you're after but the location... Most often I find its all abt location.

Rats
Knight

Postby Rats » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:20 am

Yes strategic location is wha I go after not points for example if my guild is at war in world 47 I'm in r20 and the enemy is in r21 I ran a city on the border so I can launch close range attacks

I don't want a 40 k city that is in r42 that makes no sense

Rats
Knight

Postby Rats » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:30 am

ramorocks wrote:well I don't ever send a citiy's entire army to take out a city's troops. especially not if I have multiple cities. I stop doing that a long time ago. like you said it takes forever to recruit an entire city's army, that's why I send out waves of 500 guardians at a time from each city. it's faster to recruit 500 guardians from each city than it is to recruit 4000 guardians from two to three cities. I am always maxed out in troops this way.

Who am I to tell u that you are wrong it is your own unique fighting style. But I would encourage you to use your strategy in the sim and see just what it takes to clear a city also you have the right idea with it not taking a long time to build an army however if I have 20 cities your attacking from and it would take only 2-3 full cities of troops to clear a city with what 10000 guards thrown at split into waves of 500 can do then what you do it cycle your cities out only have 5-6 rebuilding at a time like u attack with 2-3 at a time and u lose a couple full cities of troops u simply rebuild them while another 2-3 attack

Also u can rebuild an army in less than a week using a combination of units cause u can have all 3 recruitment buildings running at the same time

ramorocks
Knight

Postby ramorocks » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:00 pm

you are right. it does come down to fighting style. I once took over a city whose army was out defending a city. recalled them and it was a crazy amount of ballistas ans rams. something like 750 ballistas and 500 rams. and I thought to myself ... what can I do with these? so I decided to take a barbarian city from 10k points to 3k points. Hell of a lot of fun. I guess it just a mean thing to do to another player. it can really demoralize them. i guess sometimes its better to destroy the city instead of wasting a scholar on it.
but that's all fun that I can do once I'm over 750,000 points.

Rats
Knight

Postby Rats » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:06 am

Lol I've never really ballistaed anything but when I get bigger in my new world I will

larlis
Guardian

Postby larlis » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:47 am

Lol!
Yeah as having been on the receiving end of several of such ballista attacks I can tell its both demoralizing and takes forever to build up. Also, mean thing to do or not, trashing a city totally is commonly used to demoralize players...
Funny thing it also serves as a booster for your defiance, so you rebuild out of spite LOL ;)

And once you meet a real active player defending his city/cities, you may find the only way your gonna take it from him is by trashing it so he can't rebuild to defend it. That's what I meant by saying its all abt location... The points of the cities may not matter but the location of it does. And therefor it doesn't matter if you trash it a bit, you'll rebuild it as soon you have it. But you need to get it before that can happen.

Return to “Strategy”