Lancer Usage

Discuss or develop strategies here!
Gidude
Knight

Postby Gidude » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:02 am

I see both sides in this argument and I agree with both of them lancers and sentries are the best defensive units but they are really slow that's why I like to use both if them see u set up clusters of 7 cities that are very close together I split all the cities up into different catagiries like defense attack and scout I have 4 defensive cities 2 attack cities and 1 scout city these only only make what there name implies like defense I only make sents and lancers and attack I only make knights and berzerkers and scouts I only make scouts I have an lot 10000 lancers and 10000 sents in each city so I send about 5000 of each to my attacking and scout cities so if my cities are really close together I don't have to worry about travel time these clusters can support themselves and I believe are quite effective also when I'm at war or something like that and I get cities with no one else around them I only build guards in those cities so if I need them for defense in one of my clusters then I can send them it if I need help attacking I can attack as well this system works pretty we'll letme know what you all think

Ouweh
Knight

Postby Ouweh » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:32 am

Damn, I have 43 lancers .....
It will take me ages to reach those numbers.

Gidude
Knight

Postby Gidude » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:51 am

it doesnt take long when u have a lvl 25 baracks making a lancer every 50 seconds

iTryHard
Lancer

Postby iTryHard » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:21 pm

What Gidude says is a good strategy. My main city has more defense than offense while my other cities alternate offensive and defense. They're all clustered together so I can get some support at my offensive cities quickly. Imo, Guardians aren't really that efficient because they take so much rez and population space... So I don't use them unless the city I'm attacking is far away or I'm using them as quick mobile defense. Also should I build knights for anything besides farming? Because everyone and their mother has a billion lancers (as do I) so they get absolutely slaughtered... What say you guys?
World 27 Andromeda: Dogs of War
I hate people who take my power away when we merge guilds and insult me ^_^

Karl302
Guardian

Postby Karl302 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:35 pm

Ok I don't get it everyone is saying lancers are the best for defense but guardians have a way higher level of defense. How does that work?

Alpha373
Lancer

Postby Alpha373 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:35 pm

Yes, the guardian has the best defensive points per unit, but what you have to factor in is cost efficiency. A guardian costs more than a lancer. Therefore, you can build more lancers with the same amount of resources, and so overall, the lancers provide better defense in terms of cost efficiency.

LadyBathory
Lancer

Postby LadyBathory » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:28 am

I need some REALLY basic help:
When I look at the unit stats what does the CROSSED SWORDS represent?
Then, what is the RED SHIELD?
Then, what is the BLUE SHIELD?
And I'm guessing that the #s below (units) means actual people? Rather, is a "unit" a person. So if I can achieve 6000, my defenses will cover my population?)
I'm sorry this is so basic... I just want to make sure my city is always covered as I go out & lend support or later on an attack...

EmeraldC
Lancer

Postby EmeraldC » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:23 am

LadyBathory wrote:I need some REALLY basic help:
When I look at the unit stats what does the CROSSED SWORDS represent?
Then, what is the RED SHIELD?
Then, what is the BLUE SHIELD?
And I'm guessing that the #s below (units) means actual people? Rather, is a "unit" a person. So if I can achieve 6000, my defenses will cover my population?)
I'm sorry this is so basic... I just want to make sure my city is always covered as I go out & lend support or later on an attack...

Okay crossed swords is attack, red shield is infantry defense? blue shield mounted defense? not looking at the chart which is why put question mark. but if you scroll down to the bottom it explains the symbols. units are ppl or your farm yes.
never send out all your defense to support someone.

as to why ppl use lance and sents more than guards as defense is because in a fully built city (all buildings maxed) you only get around 4500 guards (don't know exact number) but you get over 16k of either lance or sents (those taking only one unit per troop) if you multiply these amounts by their defense value you will see a major difference in their defense. it's called punching numbers and it's what the simulator is based on. add the wall value and there you go :D

Krow
Lancer

Postby Krow » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:48 pm

It's about population cost not resources

Guardians cost 4 pop - knights cost 3 pop

If you have 13,000 units of food to spend you can have either 3250 guardians or 4333 knights - that +33% knights numbers

About defence, if your attack dies, and attacks are supposed to die, then with guardians your defence dies too.

Guardians are best for mobile fast defence

-Krow

Return to “Strategy”