Question regarding scholars

Discuss or develop strategies here!
Deigo 73
Lancer

Question regarding scholars

Postby Deigo 73 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:36 am

Say I want to take over a neighboring city. I send a scholar with 500 L, S, B, K, and G's. When my attackers return to my city, is the scholar consumed? Or is actually taking over the city the only time a scholar is consumed? If the scholars aren't consumed, and it's only a 10min walk to the city, I shouldn't need five scholars. Two or three should do the trick if I just send them back out, correct?

*I'm new to Valor and just recently hit 20k points. I figured it's time to branch out.

Mr. O
Scholar

Postby Mr. O » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:52 am

The scholar is only consumed in the last wave in which the city you are attacking's loyalty drops below zero. Other wise you can just keep sending them.

Technically you can send just one scholar over and over until you capture it. Bearing in mind that loyalty is automatically regenerated over time.
For support in game, please go to:
Portal > ? (Question Mark - Upper right of the screen) > Support > Mail Icon
For support outside of the game, please go to:
http://playmesh.zendesk.com/home

Deigo 73
Lancer

Postby Deigo 73 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:53 am

Very helpful. Thank you, Mr. O!

Gilictic
Guardian

Postby Gilictic » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:56 am

Yeah, but the thing is, if the city is even 1.5 hours away, it takes ages to actually capture the city, especially with the new worlds all having a 4 loyalty regen/hour rate. That's why you either have 2 scholars, or good allies. I was able to capture a 1 hour walk distance city in less than 4 hours. Two waves from me, two waves from my ally, then I finish it.

DaddyBat
Lancer

Postby DaddyBat » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:02 pm

check your world info when you go to select world to enter. It tells you what the loyalty regen rate is. Then you can use this to calculate approximately how many attacks it will take.

Return to “Strategy”